Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

World Mental Health Day flyer - Union FS

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Wow that's ridiculous from the club to reject that. 

like others have said, just print it on the clappers! 

I work for the worlds biggest packaging company and sustainability is something i work with daily - this volume of print wouldnt even make a mark on their sustainability report - they wouldnt even need to mention it as its not being supplied by them! 

To me chaps i think they are trying to run you out of the club - i would be interested to know if the Foxes Trust were the ones offering to do this they would get the same response. 

All it's ever been about. The price you pay for not being able to be bought.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Guest said:

**** this club and the people who run it so hard. Making dodgy football and football-adjacent decisions is one thing but the absolute contempt they have for us is genuinely remarkable at this point. Showing support for mental health causes and one of their foremost fan groups at presumably little to no cost should be an absolute tap-in for them I would have thought and yet they seem totally committed to turning the relationship between them and their community into an adversarial one.

At this point I don't think there can even be any debate about what they're even trying to do. It's beyond incompetence, it's pure contempt.

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Someone there doesn't like the group and has stopped it on their feelings not that of sustainability.

100%.

Can you get to any local agencies or companies to help your cause? 

Maybe linking in with other club partners and go via them? Not that that's how it should be done and the club should be more open, but might be another way to get in. 

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

At this point I don't think there can even be any debate about what they're even trying to do. It's beyond incompetence, it's pure contempt.

Yeah definitely. I think we are all sadly well accustomed to clubs being run as businesses first and foremost but we don't even do that particularly well and stuff like this you can't put down to greed, more spite. I can't see how it changes.

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Someone there doesn't like the group and has stopped it on their feelings not that of sustainability.

I’d love to know who because using an excuse of sustainability when they are distributing ****ing clappers every week is close to unprofessional 

• Like 1

This is abysmal from the club. Again, another clueless decision.

This could have been an opportunity to get a really valuable message across 30k people, whereby maybe just one or two people in the crowd consider calling one of those numbers, or seeking some kind of help. Or maybe had a friend who had been quiet that this reminded them to check in on. Instead our joke of a club says 'no', yet will decide to have gambling adverts all over the place. Fck Top  (yes I know he won't have made the decision) and the leadership.

Union FS well done - incredible work, please keep it up 

• Like 1

Even if they are concerned about Sustainability (which we all doubt given the clappers), they could have at least offered an alternative - like putting some of the details on the scoreboards at half time, or some announcements on the PA or something.

Just making excuses because they don't want to say they don't care or can't be bothered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Union FS said:

132BEDA6-DB93-451E-9D2D-570540521516.jpeg.65ddc2f0e9ddfeb48ad40403a4567ff4.jpeg

This weekend’s game falls closest to World Mental Heath Day.

Don’t struggle alone.
There is help out there.

Please share.
———
The group had asked for access to the stadium to lay out on seats the flyers ahead of the match. 
This was sadly not granted due to ‘sustainability’ concerns.

Instead members of the group will be flyering local pubs pre match.

And the Frank Sinclair award for own goal of the week goes to …

Hopefully this gets highlighted in the wider media like the £25 charge did. Well done to those involved for doing this, a vital service.

We are a thoroughly dislikeable club. There is no excuse for not supporting or promoting this. Family club my arse.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Extremely disappointing to hear this. It's surely a no brainer to throw the clubs support behind? Absolutely baffling decision not to engage on this. 

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hopefully this gets highlighted in the wider media like the £25 charge did. Well done to those involved for doing this, a vital service.

We are a thoroughly dislikeable club. There is no excuse for not supporting or promoting this. Family club my arse.

32 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

It’s bizarre, it’s not like you’re  asking the club to pay to print them.. I despair of ever getting our club back 😭

I really think that this is a big enough oversight to warrant an explanation from the club and for hopefully local media, charities to apply some pressure. Maybe wishful thinking, but this just angers me more the longer I think about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I hope it does get picked up but I doubt it really will.

They’re pretty dense if they think the sustainability thing flies. 

Whilst the owner doesn’t give a shit about the administration of the club nothing will ever improve.

How much does a plane tow advert cost? 

Let's chip in together for this to be picked up on Saturday by the TV cameras. 

Imagine the air pollution and materials needed to do it too! 

They could circle the KP for 90 mins! 

image.jpeg.76f2d0617296f9aef5ed82925760d6ff.jpeg

image.jpeg.a3a6aed255532f0e7d71bd3641581dd8.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0ee071f24c33fa1d4345c787a0e1f49.jpeg

Edited by Collymore