Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

It's 15 bets hence the name Lucky 15.

Let's call each bet a line, If you bet £1 per line your total stake would be £15 (As like I said it's 15 bets)

You pick 4 selections (Which can be horses, football teams, anything).

The 15 bets that this bet consists off are;

4 Single bets.

6 Double bets.

4 Treble bets.

1 Fourfold accumulator.

You only need one of your selections to win for you to get a return - However depending on the odds it's unlikely you'd make any profit if only one selection came in, tbh you probably need all 4 selections to win to make any decent profit.

As I experienced last night betting on Birmingham, Barnsley, West Brom and Southampton I had 27p per line (£4.05 total stake) if all 4 selections had won i'd have won £17, Birmingham let me down, I made £1.24 profit off that bet, so normally where i'd bet on Birmingham, Barnsley, West Brom and Southampton in an accumulator i'd have lost my bet, but doing a Lucky 15 i've got my stake back plus £1.24 profit.

I've waffled on abit there but hope that explains it?! lol

I generally avoid football bets and also 'speculative' bets. My two ps worth...

You would be better off not doing a lucky 15 but doing something like (if you bet £1 to a line at a total of £15)

£1.66 doubles (x6) = £9.96

£1 trebles (x4) = £4

£1.04 fourfold = £1.04

Total: £15

What I have done there is moved the single bet £1 (x4) and put it into the doubles. You avoid the expense of the single bet - which is a pitfall and is bread and butter for bookies income. A double might not get your full stake back but it should get the majority of it back.

Remember that lucky 15s are designed for horse racing bets (bigger odds so 1 winner at 6/1 gets half your stake back and not just £2 on an 1/1 football bet). I also believe (I may be wrong) that the special offers on lucky 15s do not apply to football bets (double odds one winner, 10% bonus 4 winners).

Ignoring what I wrote about speculative accas I did have a bet earlier and subsequently lost the slip... I shall be ringing Hills up at 9:45pm if they come in...

Edited by adam1

Had £15 on a lucky 15 of Cardiff, Bayern, Valencia and Chelsea, returns £40. Just Bayern letting me down so far.

Strange bet to be fair. A better bet for you would be 4 £3 trebles and a £3 acc. You'll get nothing if only two win obviously but a double on the lucky 15 would pay peanuts anyway.

Get all 4 right with my bet and you'd be quids in.

Each to his own like but just saying and good luck.