Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan

Is it literally impossible for a team to kill another off these days?

The Germans, tonight, had just about all the play, got the goal and then the Republic go and sneak a late one..

Well done Ireland but Christ, it looked like game over!

And I lost my bet...

Surely you could collect all your 50p daily bets and clump together for a realistic bet with a decent stake? No?

And of course undoubtedly more success.

Once payday is here I shall start to do £5 stakes and so on, but for now I'm skint.

In all seriousness, only bet what you can afford to lose, don't listen to some prat off an internet forum egging you on.

If it's 50p bets then at least you know your limits!

It's not even the stakes I don't think, fair play if that's a limit the lad is sticking to.

It's just the sheer stupidity of the bets.

Would avoid placing many substantial bets over the weekend on the horses. With the ground going to resemble a bog at Ascot there could be some strange results and big price winners.

Hopefully some big priced winners today as well, had an e/w punt on Whitecrest in the first at Brighton. 14/1. Seen it mentioned in a few places, seems like an open race. We shall see.

Stick to your quids if that's what your comfortable with, once you start increasing your stakes it's a slippery slope.

Depends, if he's just having a couple of £5 bets per week it's nothing as long as he can afford to lose it.  I'd hope he'd have more sensible bets and actually start winning.

But you're right, I started with small bets ended up putting £1000's on single bet's.  After around 8 years I got my total profit/loss and it wasn't as bad as I assumed it would be, it worked out to be a small loss per week, it could have been so much worse. Infact if it wasnt for a crazy few days a couple of years back I'd be in profit.

Now I bet much smaller bets and it's much more fun and I usually end up buying stuff when I win like records so I have something to show for it, I wish I had always bet this way.

Edited by purpleronnie

Depends, if he's just having a couple of £5 bets per week it's nothing as long as he can afford to lose it. I'd hope he'd have more sensible bets and actually start winning.

But you're right, I started with small bets ended up putting £1000's on single bet's. After around 8 years I got my total profit/loss and it wasn't as bad as I assumed it would be, it worked out to be a small loss per week, it could have been so much worse. Infact if it wasnt for a crazy few days a couple of years back I'd be in profit.

Now I bet much smaller bets and it's much more fun and I usually end up buying stuff when I win like records so I have something to show for it, I wish I had always bet this way.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing Ronnie.