Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Note to everyone:

Only bet what you can afford to lose.

If you're prepared to win, be prepared to lose.

If you're going to get the hump about losing, don't bet.

Words of wisdom there Bert and how true they are. :thumbup:

Edited by JACKel Arteta

Yeah I did!! Celebrated like f**k when it was saved though!! lol

:w00t:

That's £42.50 in total staked on three bets in the space of five days, all winners, giving a total profit of £191.50. :D

Best little run I've ever had!!

Just a cheeky one tonight, have put £4 on 3-0 to United at 9/1. Hoping the run continues but not too concerned about this one.

You're hot at the moment mate. Hot hot hot.

Ok Cheers.

Thinking of opening a cheeky one and just want to know how it all works properly. :thumbup:

Any recommended sites?

Depends what you're after. Personally I liked Corals as a beginner. Large range of bets and easy to navigate. Betfair is the best site but it's a bit more complex. Your best bet is probably to see who is offering a free bet to open an account. I opened one with Bluesq the other day because they were offering a free £25 bet when you open an account and stake £10.

I very rarely have a bet but before the season started I put £10 on the four division winners;

Prem Man U

Championship LCFC

Div 1 Forest

Div 2 MK Dons

So City had better get their fingers out! :frusty:

My bet like that is -

Man Utd

Leicester

Carlisle

Rotherham

Celtic.

I find ladbrokes the easiest site to bet with online.

Celtic 10/11

Liverpool 2/5

Chelsea 4/7

Benfica Draw 9/4

Besiktas Draw 11/5

Lazio 4/5

Valencia 4/6

Werder Bremen Draw 9/4

50p accie

Scott McDonald 5/1

Fernando Torres 7/2

Didier Drogba 4/1

Kaka 5/1

Goran Pandev 5/1

David Villa 4/1

Ruud van Nistelrooy 5/1

1st goalscorers

35 x 20p trebles 20p e/w accie

Celtic 3 - 1 18/1

Liverpool 3 - 1 10/1

Chelsea 3 - 1 10/1

Benfica 2 - 2 14/1

Besiktas 2 - 2 14/1

Lazio 3 - 1 11/1

Valencia 3 - 1 9/1

Werder Bremen 2 - 2 14/1

28 x 10p doubles

10p accie

19:20 Waterside 8/1

19:50 Bazguy 7/1

20:20 Fresh Mint 13/8

20:50 Emilys Rainbow 6/1

21:20 Mixing 4/1

50p Canadian

Tenner on Liverpool and Chelski both to win, 22 squid return. Tis all about baby steps as Mr. Holloway would say.

Sensible gambling folks - thanks chaps! Good advice!

Haha. Had £2 treble chelsea/pool/celtic return of £8. Keeps me happy lol

Had something very rare happen to me on Saturday. Was out on the piss and fancied a few bets. Had a tenner on Anelka to score the first goal, i'd be lying if I remember exactly hoiw much I got back as I was leathered when I collected it at 5pm that day. But It was enough to really keep me going for the rest of the day on the ale.

I stuck the lot in the Roulette machine though and it all went within about 5 minutes. I was a little disgusted, but being pissed I kept finding my hand reach in to my pocket and unearth more notes to put in the machine, I reckon another £50 went in and still nothing. I was starting to feel a little sick, probably the 10 pints and bottle of red wine i'd had already. Anyway, final tenner went in and splattered it around the number 20 Trevor Benjamin. Came in, won about £120.

Collected that and staggered back over to the pub, everyone had wondered where i'd got to. Had 3 pints lined up for me. Got those down me and thought i'd have a quid or two in the bandit. I think the bandit was faulty as it shit out £100 and I swear I didn't even get the Jackpot. Everyone was in disbelief as it just kept spitting pound coins out.

I'd like to say that I changed the £100 up in to notes and along with the other £120, I saved it and bought a Tortoise. But I didn't, I spent the lot that night other than for several £5 notes that I had stuffed down my sock for some reason. My mates had a good night out on it though.