Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Had something very rare happen to me on Saturday. Was out on the piss and fancied a few bets. Had a tenner on Anelka to score the first goal, i'd be lying if I remember exactly hoiw much I got back as I was leathered when I collected it at 5pm that day. But It was enough to really keep me going for the rest of the day on the ale.

I stuck the lot in the Roulette machine though and it all went within about 5 minutes. I was a little disgusted, but being pissed I kept finding my hand reach in to my pocket and unearth more notes to put in the machine, I reckon another £50 went in and still nothing. I was starting to feel a little sick, probably the 10 pints and bottle of red wine i'd had already. Anyway, final tenner went in and splattered it around the number 20 Trevor Benjamin. Came in, won about £120.

Collected that and staggered back over to the pub, everyone had wondered where i'd got to. Had 3 pints lined up for me. Got those down me and thought i'd have a quid or two in the bandit. I think the bandit was faulty as it shit out £100 and I swear I didn't even get the Jackpot. Everyone was in disbelief as it just kept spitting pound coins out.

I'd like to say that I changed the £100 up in to notes and along with the other £120, I saved it and bought a Tortoise. But I didn't, I spent the lot that night other than for several £5 notes that I had stuffed down my sock for some reason. My mates had a good night out on it though.

At least you didn't have a f**king hippy bastard taking photos of you every five minutes.

lol. I have learn't my lesson with Valencia. I hope you have aswell.

3 times in4 weeks they've done me. They even managed to fook me up when they were 2/9 in the spanish cup.

This weekend.

Man Utd

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Blackburn

Reading

Sunderland

Tottenham

Pompey/Everton draw.

Wigan/Man City draw.

Works out to a mighty 283/1.

3 times in4 weeks they've done me. They even managed to fook me up when they were 2/9 in the spanish cup.

This weekend.

Man Utd

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Blackburn

Reading

Sunderland

Tottenham

Pompey/Everton draw.

Wigan/Man City draw.

Works out to a mighty 283/1.

There's doubles, there's trebles, there's accies and then there's just stupid. :D

There's doubles, there's trebles, there's accies and then there's just stupid. :D

Well. Maybe.

You never know though Fez. It won't be so stupid if it comes in, will it? :P

I was rather bored ysterday, so i thought, why not waste a pound. ;)

Had something very rare happen to me on Saturday. Was out on the piss and fancied a few bets. Had a tenner on Anelka to score the first goal, i'd be lying if I remember exactly hoiw much I got back as I was leathered when I collected it at 5pm that day. But It was enough to really keep me going for the rest of the day on the ale.

I stuck the lot in the Roulette machine though and it all went within about 5 minutes. I was a little disgusted, but being pissed I kept finding my hand reach in to my pocket and unearth more notes to put in the machine, I reckon another £50 went in and still nothing. I was starting to feel a little sick, probably the 10 pints and bottle of red wine i'd had already. Anyway, final tenner went in and splattered it around the number 20 Trevor Benjamin. Came in, won about £120.

Collected that and staggered back over to the pub, everyone had wondered where i'd got to. Had 3 pints lined up for me. Got those down me and thought i'd have a quid or two in the bandit. I think the bandit was faulty as it shit out £100 and I swear I didn't even get the Jackpot. Everyone was in disbelief as it just kept spitting pound coins out.

I'd like to say that I changed the £100 up in to notes and along with the other £120, I saved it and bought a Tortoise. But I didn't, I spent the lot that night other than for several £5 notes that I had stuffed down my sock for some reason. My mates had a good night out on it though.

That entirely post is brilliant.

But the bit about the tortoise - wtf?

Top bombing Flair!

Well. Maybe.

You never know though Fez. It won't be so stupid if it comes in, will it? :P

I was rather bored ysterday, so i thought, why not waste a pound. ;)

If it doesn't come in, you're still stupid.

If it does come in, drinks are on you. :P

Win-win situation.

Good luck though mate. I love a good challenge and it's worth a stab at things like that for a quid.

If it doesn't come in, you're still stupid.

If it does come in, drinks are on you. :P

Win-win situation.

Good luck though mate. I love a good challenge and it's worth a stab at things like that for a quid.

Oh yeah. Typical. :rolleyes::P

You doubt my talents, then ask for a drink. Water it fookin' well is.

Blackburn or the Wigan game will let it down i think.

I very rarely have a bet but before the season started I put £10 on the four division winners;

Prem Man U

Championship LCFC

Div 1 Forest

Div 2 MK Dons

So City had better get their fingers out! :frusty:

My bet like that is -

Man Utd

Leicester

Carlisle

Rotherham

Celtic.

I find ladbrokes the easiest site to bet with online.

Mines;

Man Utd - 5/4

Charlton - 7/1

Swansea - 10/1

MK Dons - 9/1

75p E/W

If they all win the league's I get £1214.06 and if they are in the top 3 (Forgetting the play-offs, it's how the leagues finish) I get £26.06.

As it stands there all placed, with Swansea and MK Dons both top, and I just need Charlton (3rd) and Man Utd (2nd) to pull there fingers out and move top of there leagues!

As for the best site to bet with, I'm not sure if it's the best i've not tried and others but I use William Hill. When setting up my account I did want to do it with Betfred because that's the bookies that I normally use but when setting my account up there site was down so went to Hills instead.

Mines;

Man Utd - 5/4

Charlton - 7/1

Swansea - 10/1

MK Dons - 9/1

75p E/W

If they all win the league's I get £1214.06 and if they are in the top 3 (Forgetting the play-offs, it's how the leagues finish) I get £26.06.

As it stands there all placed, with Swansea and MK Dons both top, and I just need Charlton (3rd) and Man Utd (2nd) to pull there fingers out and move top of there leagues!

As for the best site to bet with, I'm not sure if it's the best i've not tried and others but I use William Hill. When setting up my account I did want to do it with Betfred because that's the bookies that I normally use but when setting my account up there site was down so went to Hills instead.

That's going to be an interesting bet Matt, think you've got a damn good chance with that.

Dammit, i was going to text you and ask you to put some on for me - beacuse i cant get on the betting sites at work!

Yeah course mate :giggle: . I used a £5 free bet I had. Couldn't lose really. Me and Bert should be going greyhounds tonight with our winnings lol:thumbup: