Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Anyone ever done a super Heinz or Goliath bet? Wondering how worthwhile they are!

Done a couple, never broken even, betting on favourites on the horses. Unless your loaded you end up putting pennies on per line at x 247 (for a Goliath), 2 or 3 wins out of 8 returns not much. Obviously 8 wins and you can pay your mortgage off. I stick to 3 or 4 selections max these days.

Done a couple, never broken even, betting on favourites on the horses. Unless your loaded you end up putting pennies on per line at x 247 (for a Goliath), 2 or 3 wins out of 8 returns not much. Obviously 8 wins and you can pay your mortgage off. I stick to 3 or 4 selections max these days.

Cheers! Thought that would be the case to be honest. I did a Yankee last week and made about £7 profit so not great. They seem like a good bet to place but then like you say you have to get all 8 correct to actually win decent money!

Cheers! Thought that would be the case to be honest. I did a Yankee last week and made about £7 profit so not great. They seem like a good bet to place but then like you say you have to get all 8 correct to actually win decent money!

That right. A 5p goliath is about a £12 stake, i'd rather have a £1 yankee for £11 on 4 favourites, or a 50p e/w Lucky 15 for £15 on 4 bigger priced selections if your betting that sort of money. 

Edit : Some bookies have minimum stakes per line so a 5p goliath isn't even possible sometimes.

Edited by separator

1.50 Haydock, The New One, 2/5

2.00 Lingfield, Spinning Cobblers, 11/8

2.40 Ascot, Faugheen, 3/10

£2 win trixie

1.25 Lingfield, Copper Cavalier, 7/1

2.25 Haydock, Shimla Dawn, 16/1

3.35 Haydock, Shotavodka, 7/1

£1 e/w patent

12.10 Haydock, Moujik Borget, 7/2

1.15 Haydock, Morito Du Berlais, 7/2

3.00 Haydock, Silviniaco Conti, 7/2

£1 win patent

Chesterfield

Bradford

MK Dons

Bury

8/1

Edited by separator

There wasn't half a dodgy bet today on Skybet I saw.  Notts County at home to Yeovil 7/5 to win!  Notts County in the Playoffs at home to Yeovil who were bottom and couldn't buy a win.  County had a man sent off after 25 minutes and Yeovil score 2 goals at the death to win it.  

Sometimes you do wonder!