Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

mad moose is back tomorrow at cheltenham after being banned from racing. 100/1 in the international hurdle.

gutted city are playing so i can't see if he starts.

I love a bit of Mad Moose. I'll be having a couple of quid on him just on the off chance he actually fancies a run out.

mad moose is back tomorrow at cheltenham after being banned from racing. 100/1 in the international hurdle. 

gutted city are playing so i can't see if he starts. 

100/1 is a bit generous for a race horse that doesn't like to race. Think i'll have 50p e/w on it just in case.

Hey there the Scouse, did you see my question above?

i didn't but i do now :D 

what dya mean "tipsters"? like newspaper/pundits etc? if so then nah not really, other than don't listen to robbie savage's pre match picks lol

some people come into the shops and tell you this and that but it's no more profitable than picking your own from what i've experienced, they have a winner here and there then a few users and give you the usual excuses. we have one chap who's a regularly who wins decent amounts most days from outsiders who you wouldn't think to back, he doesn't tip as such but if i'm struggling for a bet i might follow what he's on because he'll usually land at least one or two 10-16/1 shots a day. he loses a load too but i'm pretty sure he makes profit from it. 

what dya mean "tipsters"? like newspaper/pundits etc? if so then nah not really, other than don't listen to robbie savage's pre match picks lol.

some people come into the shops and tell you this and that but it's no more profitable than picking your own from what i've experienced, they have a winner here and there then a few users and give you the usual excuses. we have one chap who's a regularly who wins decent amounts most days from outsiders who you wouldn't think to back, he doesn't tip as such but if i'm struggling for a bet i might follow what he's on because he'll usually land at least one or two 10-16/1 shots a day. he loses a load too but i'm pretty sure he makes profit from it.

Yeah either really, just wondered.

Never had much joy following them either. There is a guy on twitter - des1888 I think. Had a good run following his horse tips, until he started charging to follow

100/1 is a bit generous for a race horse that doesn't like to race. Think i'll have 50p e/w on it just in case.

yep especially as it's currently 8 runners so 3 places and only the top 2 in the market are given a chance, 10/1 bar. 

when the moose last completed a race i think i read it gave away more lengths at the start than it was beaten by, to kid cassidy and sire de grugy. obviously you can't say it would deffo have won off a level start because you never know how a race would pan out, but to say it gained lengths on horses of that class over the trip says it's better than a 100/1 shot in tomorrow's race. i'd imagine if someone could guarantee it'll start it's price would be massively slashed. but nobody can :D 

Yeah either really, just wondered.

Never had much joy following them either. There is a guy on twitter - des1888 I think. Had a good run following his horse tips, until he started charging to follow

yeh they're all what you make of them really, some are good but usually not much better than doing your own research/following form unless they have genuine info from a stable or jockey. never heard his name mentioned, hear ones to follow or ones to avoid but i'm guessing it's all personal experience. you might follow one on a good run then be happy with your profit, tell someone about it and they catch them on a bad run and end up a bit down. 

one or two come into our shop who own/part own horses or know lads who ride them out but they're rarely good horses so all they tend to say is don't back them haha. 

I'm not a big follower of the horse racing but will have a bet every now and again so excuse my idiocy but can anyone tell me why mighty mambo (running in the same race as mad moose) is 500/1? Those odds seem extremely big in fact I don't think I've ever seen odds that big when looking at the racing!

I'm not a big follower of the horse racing but will have a bet every now and again so excuse my idiocy but can anyone tell me why mighty mambo (running in the same race as mad moose) is 500/1? Those odds seem extremely big in fact I don't think I've ever seen odds that big when looking at the racing!

it only has 3 legs

Man City -1

Forest -1

Bristol City -1

Burton -1

Hearts -1

148/1

Palace

Fulham

Sheff Utd

Plymouth

Canvey Island

93/1

BTTS and WIN:

Burnley v SOUTHAMPTON

BOURNEMOUTH v Cardiff

OLDHAM v Yeovil

York v AFC WOMBLES

351/1

West Ham

Watford

Swindon

Bristol City

Exeter

St Johnstone

96/1

what dya mean "tipsters"? like newspaper/pundits etc? if so then nah not really, other than don't listen to robbie savage's pre match picks lol

In reagards to tipsters, I paid £10 P/M for a good year and half same with J.Lisemore to be in a betting group but fair play to the lad he is now a million with a £500,000 house paid in cash. Some of the bets we got on were ridiculous, teams you wouldn't even dream of betting on/having the knowledge to bet on but I guess that's what separates us from them, no?

I've left the said group now so as J.Lisemore however it was fun whilst it lasted, too many politics got involved but I'm now in a free group which is made up of the same members which we decided we didn't need the 'leader' to be in. I've learnt so much from betting in the last few years and anyone who says it cant be profitable is a mug, yes it can.

Regarding horses, whether the group is stil running or not join Read Between The Lines(RBTL) on facebook some excellent tips however how the group runs is different a number of 'big' winners are posted not all come in as winners some as each ways. worth a look

just rangers letting me down, shame. only a couple of quid, had 2 horses earlier both won, fenerbahce, hoffenheim & lyon. bloody scots. 

i went onto betvictor to have a look for a go on the tipping thread and a bet for tomorrow. lyon are 3-0 up after 84 minutes, at home. in play price is 1/6?! wasn't sure if it was a mistake, i was missing something or they were missing something but threw them in tomorrow's acca, settled as won. one down already lol. shame i didn't have £600 or something to throw on it but very odd pricing. 

Mods is there any way of attaching that picture to every post Lamby puts in this thread?

Should be his sig.

Also coral gave me an email saying yo bet with us again and we will give you a free bet. So I put £10 on real -2 then the free £10 on a bet for tomorrow, yet they havent given me the money for the real win, anyone know why? Site is such a ****ing joke and made me remember while I avoid it.