Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

what do you think i am some sort of help desk crikey (go on what is it?)

Had a 5 result 4 fold.

Derby -1

Leicester

Swansea

Birmingham

Rotherham Bournemouth btts

£5 total stake

obv sheep ***** let me down but all others won, return was £7.30 which seems low and almost not worthwhile, is that right?

so you've done 5 different 4 folds from 5 selections? so your winning line is leicester, swansea, brum & roth/bourn btts? so whatever odds they were you had a quid on yeh? 

if that's what you mean £7.30 sounds about right from that, they were all pretty short prices except us weren't they. 

great win pal 

Jonathan Cox: ok thanks selena, I ****ing hated derby before this, now even more.
Selena: So sorry to hear that and you're very welcome, just sorry I couldn't give you the answer you were hoping for.

no one ever gives me the answer I was hoping for 

so you've done 5 different 4 folds from 5 selections? so your winning line is leicester, swansea, brum & roth/bourn btts? so whatever odds they were you had a quid on yeh? 

if that's what you mean £7.30 sounds about right from that, they were all pretty short prices except us weren't they. 

great win pal 

Thanks mate, you always cheer me up.

Guest Col city fan

Not that I can preach at all at the moment...but you do know guys that Accy's are not usually the way to gain longer term profit. It's basically rule one..any more than a two-fold and usually you'll lose more than you win. Most of the books and articles I've read state the best way to gain longer term profit is to go for singles. It's not as much fun, and the margins are smaller but three single bets, for instance, will usually gain you more than one three-fold.

But as I said, I'm having a shite month of betting so I ain't one to talk really.

Not that I can preach at all at the moment...but you do know guys that Accy's are not usually the way to gain longer term profit. It's basically rule one..any more than a two-fold and usually you'll lose more than you win. Most of the books and articles I've read state the best way to gain longer term profit is to go for singles. It's not as much fun, and the margins are smaller but three single bets, for instance, will usually gain you more than one three-fold.

But as I said, I'm having a shite month of betting so I ain't one to talk really.

Dunno mate, my main winners atm are 4/5 fold fave accys. Like betting £5 at a time and if one wins it's like £70 on average and won around 5 in the last month, obv lost a few etc and had some different bets in there too. Another fave of mine is Man City -1 then Real/Barca to win and over 2.5 goals as a £10 double. I do it for fun though mainly, so not the best to offer advice.

Guest Col city fan

Dunno mate, my main winners atm are 4/5 fold fave accys. Like betting £5 at a time and if one wins it's like £70 on average and won around 5 in the last month, obv lost a few etc and had some different bets in there too. Another fave of mine is Man City -1 then Real/Barca to win and over 2.5 goals as a £10 double. I do it for fun though mainly, so not the best to offer advice.

That's what all the books I've been reading say mate. So you're spot on. When you win, you win a sizeable sum for a small stake. But genuinely buddy, they all say (of the books I've read) that the bookies do this to entice punters in. When you say, have a four-fold and you see the odds creeping up to 16/1, you fancy a bit of that. But all of the authors say that very rarely do serious gamblers make money (as in long-term profit) this way. The odds on having ONE win are enough...let alone 4 or 5.

Most people seem to make profit betting on single bets (one team to win, goals over 2.5, leading at half time etc), rather than on relying on Accy's. But with the month I'm having, what do I know! lol

One of my best buds is a pro gambler. He was a banker, left work age about 24/25 and has lived well off the proceeds of gambling ever since. He does mainly nags, but some footy bets, including spreads.

What he does on football is to bet big on 'sure things' eg. Real Madrid to beat Elche etc... And when I say big, I mean big..as in a bet of a grand and above sometimes. Even at odds of say 2/9, you'd still win plenty if you lay a grand. And he tells me he rarely loses this way.

However, I still think it comes down to good old Lady Luck sometimes to be fair.

Edited by Col city fan

Yeah this tends to be true in the long run. Not much better betting wise than nailing a sevenfold or something though!

I tend to go with singles or doubles if I'm betting what I'd consider a decent amount, then have a five or six fold (or lucky 15 on the horses) just bet a fiver or two quid or something for fun, then if you get a winner bingo, but if you lose you've only lost a bit of change etc.