Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan

I don't have the bankroll to put big bets on singles, I seem to be doing ok on either 3/4 fold accys or doubles -1 on faves etc. all fun though. When I start shipping my account on singles it's prob time for me to stop.

To be fair mate, you and the boy Scouse do tend to win more than you lose. This month, I am having a stinker. Probably the worst ever. What I've done is to to lose a few bigger bets early doors, then I've started chasing..never wise.

I tend to do what Scouse does..singles and doubles, then a few Accy's every so often.

Guest Col city fan

Although be nice if villareal could sort this **** out.

The in-game stats have Elche doing well..but I think Villareal may well sneak it. Pre match, they were pretty big faves I think?

Pre match, they were pretty big faves I think?

Yeah, I think they will win 2 - 4 so it's all good.

They're in my Lamby fold, £2 to return £256. 8 teams have already come in so would be nice if they could sort this shit out

Need them to win mate? 

Not that I can preach at all at the moment...but you do know guys that Accy's are not usually the way to gain longer term profit. It's basically rule one..any more than a two-fold and usually you'll lose more than you win. Most of the books and articles I've read state the best way to gain longer term profit is to go for singles. It's not as much fun, and the margins are smaller but three single bets, for instance, will usually gain you more than one three-fold.

But as I said, I'm having a shite month of betting so I ain't one to talk really.

I think you are right I know a one guy who will never place ore than a two-fold he makes a living from betting, mainly has singles though but will never bet a three-fold.

I think it depends on the kind of money your dealing with as well, anything over a £50 stake should be on a single or two-fold at the most.

its all about research as well if you know your stuff you can make a living of singles, and now days there are so many markets available value can be found if you look hard enough, you must start with a decent bank roll though if your going to take it serious 1-2k.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest Col city fan

I think you are right I know a one guy who will never place ore than a two-fold he makes a living from betting, mainly has singles though but will never bet a three-fold.

I think it depends on the kind of money your dealing with as well, anything over a £50 stake should be on a single or two-fold at the most.

its all about research as well if you know your stuff you can make a living of singles, and now days there are so many markets available value can be found if you look hard enough, you must start with a decent bank roll though if your going to take it serious 1-2k.

Absolutely right buddy. Research is massively important. My mate sees it, of course, as his 'job'. He has a study full of tele sets, IPads etc. he studies form, uses probability algorithms etc.. His area of expertise is the nags, running flats.

Within a week, he can literally lose three grand by Wednesday, to make 6/7 by Friday. I don't think I'd have the nerve myself.

Absolutely right buddy. Research is massively important. My mate sees it, of course, as his 'job'. He has a study full of tele sets, IPads etc. he studies form, uses probability algorithms etc.. His area of expertise is the nags, running flats.

Within a week, he can literally lose three grand by Wednesday, to make 6/7 by Friday. I don't think I'd have the nerve myself.

Yeah research is key and you need a lot of time on your hands so it would have to be a full time job so to speak like your mate plus you gotta have balls.

Had a patent of draws for Hull v Everton, Newcastle v Burnley & QPR v Swansea. No complaints here.

My La Liga tipster returns, and has chucked me Villarreal away at Elche, Sevilla at home to Celta Vigo & Malaga at home to Almeria. Nearly 7/2 for the three.

Pitiful. Utterly pitiful.

Had a weird one tomorrow.

Sunderland to draw with Leeds

Sheff Utd to win away at QPR

Crystal Palace -1 away at Dover

20p would return about £8.55.

Leeds are shit but do have this knack of getting a result in the cup, same applies for Sheff Utd and QPR (with QPR being losers). Palace are nearly evens to beat Dover, DOVER, by more than a goal. Robbery.