Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I know i've mentioned this before but there is less and less value when it comes to betting nowadays, the odds seem to get shorter and shorter but personally I think the 'gap' between shit teams and good teams is also getting smaller, there are more and more upsets nowadays, certainly this season imo.

TBH you're probably better backing outsiders, although I don't think i'd ever put that into practise, I might do it 'virtually' over a few months to see what kind of margin there is.

It's a good idea in practice, Matt, but I think long-term you'd still lose money overall. The difficulty with betting is finding bets outside the bookmakers' overround. Their books can be anything from 104% right up to perhaps 115%. And the problem with that is by balancing their books on all outcomes, you more than likely hit that overround. If you can find bets that are outside their overround and are value, then long-term you should make profit. But to bet like that is very, very, very difficult and takes a huge amount of patience and discipline. Which I guess is the reason why bookies are bookies and we're all still having to graft for a living!

yeah I got a message about that too hirsty, wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not. seems ridic. might see what goes on on tonight's football then have a go on that and wake up to see tomorrow's racing and footy bets already paid for.

Don't see why he's got so much press though to be honest. The group I was in.. The lad who runs it had a better story than him. Basically made a few hundred quid on miniclip online games started betting and now he's a millionaire...

Like you said it's easy betting but how many people would be disciplined to do what he's done.

Seen another similar success story today again! In all honesty you could probably find success stories like theirs every day of the year.

Not many people could be disciplined enough to stick to the amount that they place on each bet, especially after a couple of losses!

yeah I got a message about that too hirsty, wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not. seems ridic. might see what goes on on tonight's football then have a go on that and wake up to see tomorrow's racing and footy bets already paid for.

Left the footy well alone tonight, looks too difficult. Just had a tenner on that 6/4 offer and a couple of quid on a big tennis accumulator.