Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I've had a ****ing awful weekend here.

Had a fiver on Stoke, Brighton & Fenerbahce. Brighton lose it.

Fiver on Cordoba, lost 1-0.

Two quid on a draw for the Congo/DR Congo game and two quid on a draw for the Tunisia/Equatorial Guinea game, the latter came in.

Stuck the winnings on Arsenal -1 and Southampton. Southampton shot it.

To make matters worse, my La Liga tipster mate backed a winning treble of Almeria, Atletico and Sevilla and I left it.

I've gone and stuck £3 on Algeria in play at 12/1 and they've gone and equalised a minute later. Given this weekends form I fully expect Algeria to win in extra time meaning that I've won no money and we're still without Mahrez.

Guest Col city fan

Algeria's loss and a late £7 on Valencia confirms this as my most laughable ever weekend of betting. I actually didn't think it was possible to lose six bets in one weekend and not take up a tipped treble that ****ing won.

Oh believe me, it is.

I generally bet £2 pound stakes. Usually on favourites or doubles.

Quite literally, only this weekend, I've lost about 25 Quid. That's on £2 bets. So by my reckoning, in two days, I've got 12 wrong. Just on singles and doubles. And most of my losses have been on favourites.

There is no rhyme nor reason in football betting. My mate, the pro gambler, says avoid it like the plague. If you're gonna bet, do the nags.

Oh believe me, it is.

I generally bet £2 pound stakes. Usually on favourites or doubles.

Quite literally, only this weekend, I've lost about 25 Quid. That's on £2 bets. So by my reckoning, in two days, I've got 12 wrong. Just on singles and doubles. And most of my losses have been on favourites.

There is no rhyme nor reason in football betting. My mate, the pro gambler, says avoid it like the plague. If you're gonna bet, do the nags.

I disagree to an extent. Big favourites win most of the time in football, but the prices are too short unless your piling £1000's on. There are a lot of variables in horse racing though, which is why I don't fully trust it. 1 mistake by a horse and it's race over and your money down the Shitter, could be the best jumping horse in the world but all it takes is 1 error. More leeway in footy with 90 minutes.

I have won more acca's in footy this season than horse racing bets of substantial value I would have thought. Although this weekend took £100 quid from Mark Jarvis this weekend on the nags.