Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Won about £81 off 3 bets, would have been £91 but covered myself in-play to guarantee a win!

Had:

Barca win and BTTS

Palace game btts

Man Utd

PSG

£4.50 returned £40.50

Barca to score both halves

Benfica to score both halves

Celtic win to nil

£5 returned £31

And two horses won which I stick £2.50 ew returned £20

Last night I closed all but one account and set a £10 a week limit, probably have one weekend treble and see what takes my fancy mid-week, If I win I'll reinvest my original stake and withdraw winnings - £10 a week is nothing considering some days Ill just check the betting apps and pick teams for the sake of betting that day

Edited by zak_lcfc

this great 24 hours continues at tha'ir romps home in dubai, 7/1 (!!!!!!!) last night. went in again @ 11/2 ten mins ago as well. 

got it in a trixie with excellent result (11/2) and fencing (6/1). hoping for a godolphin day in meydan. 

just landed a 40/1 treble on random horses in the next three races cos i didn't have a proper fancy so threw them all together for a couple of quid. 15/8, 5/1 & 6/4 all won lol. ups and downs in this game and this week is definitely an up. 

edit - gonna try the same again with donapollo, chapel hall & gala ball @ about 20/1 in the next three. 

Edited by ScouseFox

who needs to pay for tips when you can just follow scouse :) keep them coming mate lol

haha, been a sweet last 24 hours that's for sure. 

I took the quite ludicrous 5/2 about lewis having most 180s vs taylor on PaddyPower. He did, obviously. Then it's settled as a winner @ 4/7. Hmmm.

i live chatted and they said this: 

Aidan Hello. Apologies for any confusion, there was a price error on site for this bet which has since been adjusted.

'In the case of any blatant errors in prices transmitted (including for example where the price being displayed is materially different from those available in the general market and/or the price is clearly incorrect, depending on all of the circumstances), Bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance (or the Starting Price in the case of horse-racing, whichever is the greater). If a Bet is accepted by us on an event where offering a price on the event itself (rather than the price) was in error, the Bet will be void and your stake will be returned.'

All customers are being e-mailed at present. Apologies for the inconvenience

which i knew anyone cos i've wheeled it out to customers before but was worth a shot lol 

Anderlecht to win both halves WON

Vasco De Gama HT/FT, currently 2-0 coming up to HT

Ponte Preta to win both halves (11pm k/o)

51/1

Although PP say that Anderlecht winning 2-0 first half and 1-0 second half doesn't count as winning both halves, fail.

Done a stupid bet for the weekend:

Stoke (Blackburn A)

Oldham (Colchester H)

Southend (Accrington Stanley H)

Sevilla (Cordoba H)

Real Madrid (Deportivo H)

PSG (Caen H)

Doncaster to Win/Draw to Yeovil at Home.

Roma (Parma H)

Atletico Madrid (Celta Vigo A)

£25 returns £1,046.

Just checking the odds on 'the sack race'. Anyone else think 6/1 about there being no more managerial casualties is a pretty good price? Apart from NP (10/11) , who I think would have got the bullet before now, there aren't any obvious managers in trouble. Of the principles I can realistically only see Steve Bruce (10/1) potentially being in trouble but I've heard nothing of there being unrest with him. There may be some value in Poyet (16/1) but again, I think they would have got rid by now surely?

Nice little double on Capard King and Cowards Close, got 8/11 on Capard King last night as well and it won at 4/9. :)

Got 2 out of 3 so far on my Lucky 15 as well, could do with Holiday Magic 3.50 @Lingfield winning for some nice profit on that. :fc:

Edited by chrishlcfc

There was a thread a few months back along the lines of betting on 'bankers' starting off with £10 and continually reinvesting the winnings.

I tried this a couple of times but to no avail so I tried a couple of 'dry-runs' to work-out types of bet that worked and those that didn't.

I found;

a. Do not bet on two-legged cup-ties.

b. Do not bet on cup-ties between teams of different divisions.

c. Be patient. If you can see any reason why you shouldn't bet, then don't - another bet will be available very soon.

d. Never bet on friendlies.

e. Try not to bet 'in-game' as odds seem to be distorted.

f. Take out your original stake as early as possible so that you are losing nothing.

g. Bet on nothing less than 1/3.

h. Never bet on a draw.

i. Avoid women's football.

j. Avoid age-related games i.e. U17, U21 etc.

k. Avoid games that could go to extra-time and penalties.

l. Use uk.soccerway.com for form and league tables of overseas countries.

m. Don't be afraid to invest a portion of your winnings - see patience, above.

I started using cash last weekend with a fiver.

16 winning bets later, I'm up to £93 but I must admit that I'm finding it a bit alien to bet large amounts (for me!). I put £40 on an Israeli National League game earlier. I only usually do £1 accumulators  lol

It's a bit of fun but if done properly and with a bit of luck, you can get to £50k with 51 bets at 1/5, £100k in 55 bets and £1 million in 67 bets.

There was a thread a few months back along the lines of betting on 'bankers' starting off with £10 and continually reinvesting the winnings.

I tried this a couple of times but to no avail so I tried a couple of 'dry-runs' to work-out types of bet that worked and those that didn't.

I found;

a. Do not bet on two-legged cup-ties.

b. Do not bet on cup-ties between teams of different divisions.

c. Be patient. If you can see any reason why you shouldn't bet, then don't - another bet will be available very soon.

d. Never bet on friendlies.

e. Try not to bet 'in-game' as odds seem to be distorted.

f. Take out your original stake as early as possible so that you are losing nothing.

g. Bet on nothing less than 1/3.

h. Never bet on a draw.

i. Avoid women's football.

j. Avoid age-related games i.e. U17, U21 etc.

k. Avoid games that could go to extra-time and penalties.

l. Use uk.soccerway.com for form and league tables of overseas countries.

m. Don't be afraid to invest a portion of your winnings - see patience, above.

I started using cash last weekend with a fiver.

16 winning bets later, I'm up to £93 but I must admit that I'm finding it a bit alien to bet large amounts (for me!). I put £40 on an Israeli National League game earlier. I only usually do £1 accumulators lol

It's a bit of fun but if done properly and with a bit of luck, you can get to £50k with 51 bets at 1/5, £100k in 55 bets and £1 million in 67 bets.

I started with £4 change in my pocket on Monday and I'm up to £50 by doing this, handed £40 to the wife though to stop me losing it all, I had James Wade in the darts last night, only put £5 on it, although I'm starting to think it's better to think "shit I should've put more on" than "shit I've put it all on"

Gonna be betting solely on favourites for a while too.

Had a tenner on Anderlecht at 19/20 last night (amazing odds).

Got another tenner on Bournemouth @ 8/15 who should just walk over Huddersfield tomorrow.

On the side I've got Marseilles -1 and Bournemouth -1, Account rounding £4.09 returns about 19 squid.