Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Anyone got any money tied up with 666bet? Had their license suspended. So I guess that means no betting at the KP!

They've been money laundering.

Anyone got any money tied up with 666bet? Had their license suspended. So I guess that means no betting at the KP!

They've been money laundering.

Must have got Harry Redknapp to do their tax return as well as their adverts. Closed my account with them ages ago, shoddy bookie.

Excluded myself from all of my online accounts yesterday. It just didn't seem like real money. If I want a bet now I'll have to walk to the bookies and hand over proper cash

Think I'm going to start doing the same, might leave my skybet account open due to the price boosts they do but by physically handing money over it will probably help me spend less, I know you lose the cash out option but I rarely use it and usually the amount they offer is poor anyway

Excluded myself from all of my online accounts yesterday. It just didn't seem like real money. If I want a bet now I'll have to walk to the bookies and hand over proper cash

I think this grips a lot of people more than they realise.

With smartphones and laptops as well, there is always an opportunity to bet at your fingertips, making things all the more dangerous.

A lot of people dont realise just how much theyve gambled away online until they see a summary.

I did it after Cheltenham (Well, I closed my accounts), Got 2 accounts open but i'm currently disputing something with Will Hill so reckon I will be closing that soon.

With smartphones and laptops as well, there is always an opportunity to bet at your fingertips, making things all the more dangerous.

A lot of people dont realise just how much theyve gambled away online until they see a summary.

It's shocking, I generally never deposited any money, I started most accounts with £10 and 'got lucky' and never needed to top accounts up until recently when i'd whittled all my accounts down, but I found it hard to get a 'winning rhythm' and ended up deposting £10 after £10, I finally then had a word with myself.

I've hardly touched football recently, had a couple of football bets over the weekend - One successful, one the dispute I mention with Will Hill.

The successful one was £2.50 on Man Utd, Everton, Chelsea and Barca - Returned £43.

The dispute, now i'd like people's thoughts on this, I did a double, two Australian teams both as Draw No Bet - The first game finished as a draw, so it went down to a single on the 2nd team, the 2nd game was abandoned after about 70 minutes, but the team I selected was winning, and the result stood, therefore imo the bet won, but no they've just refunded my stake, better than nothing, better than losing but i'm quite adament that bet should be classed as won.

Now it doesn't end there - They paid out as a win, they then took the winnings back off me, they then paid me out again and yep, took it back off me, to finally just refund my stake - The fact they paid me out, twice, is what i'm arguing.

Edited by Matt

If it is getting too much you could always put a deposit limit on your account. The odds at high street bookmakers are much worse than online.

I understand that but having signed up for all the offers at loads of bookies the limits become a bit pointless as I could just bet across sites.

It's not so much the amount as I never bet more than £5 a bet unless it's something I am really keen on but it's more the easiness, a few months ago I wouldn't look at odds unless it was the weekend now I find myself checking more often, if I actually go to the bookies with a set amount of cash I know I won't put more than that on, it's psychological but I think handing physical money over will make it feel more real if that makes sense

I'll close all my online account post-aintree festival, the bookies usually do a few decent offers online (extra place specials etc.) but apart from that I'll keep an eye on Twitter incase there are good online offers for football otherwise I'll start betting instore again

Edited by zak_lcfc

Indeed, to counteract this slightly, I have tracked all my betting since last October as I was losing so regularly on stupid accumulators.

This has had two effects:

1. Betting less

2. Betting "smarter"

This has actually made a big difference as I now try to win £40-£100 most times as opposed to the ridiculous £700 accumulators I would stake my £5 on. Of course as you would expect my win rate is higher and I've made some profits since October.