Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Think I'm having England -2 at evens Friday. I think that's pretty generous. I know England like to make hard work of it but Lithuania are awful.

Surprised to see England were only 1/10 to win.

I know this probably sounds daft, but i think thats good value (1/10 being good value, wont have heard that much).

Id have expected England to be more like 1/16 or even as far out as 1/20, particularly as England games tend to be bad for betting on because people back England our of blind patriotism. But at home, id imagine theyd surely get past Lithuania reasonably comfortably.

Guest Col city fan

It's a winner.

Well done mate..good odds?

Let me guess....about 6/1 ish?

Edited by Col city fan

Surprised to see England were only 1/10 to win.

I know this probably sounds daft, but i think thats good value (1/10 being good value, wont have heard that much).

Id have expected England to be more like 1/16 or even as far out as 1/20, particularly as England games tend to be bad for betting on because people back England our of blind patriotism. But at home, id imagine theyd surely get past Lithuania reasonably comfortably.

1/9 with Skybet. Earn yourself 100 notes.

If you have 900 spare.

England -1 is 4/9, how the ****

Get on that.

Get. On. That.

Why are England being fancied so little? a two or more goal win v Lithuania should be absolutely routine. What am i missing?

dunno if anybody's caught any of today's racing but the first four uk races had 4/9, 4/11, 1/20 (!!) and 10/11 shots all beaten lol. a further 4/5 shot has gone down since then too. amazing.

The 1/20 was in a race with only 4 runners aswell (so 3 'opponents') shocking, almost makes me question fixing?! I'll need to watch the race to make a decision.

dunno if anybody's caught any of today's racing but the first four uk races had 4/9, 4/11, 1/20 (!!) and 10/11 shots all beaten lol. a further 4/5 shot has gone down since then too. amazing.

I saw that 1/20 this morning. Was tempted to lay it off for a liability of like £20 on betfair then completely forgot, could have won an easy few hundred with very little risk. Nothing should ever be as short as that in racing as anything can happen. it's a little different in football with less variables. 

The 1/20 was in a race with only 4 runners aswell (so 3 'opponents') shocking, almost makes me question fixing?! I'll need to watch the race to make a decision.

Made the pace, was about two lengths in front all the way round, turned for home and eventually got ran down by a 16/1 2nd fav. Wasn't much too it other than the horse didn't seem like it wanted to go as much as the game winner. Just one of them. Doubt many were stuck in at 1/20 anyway, and most the accas would've been shot in the 4/9 and 4/11 losing faps already.

I saw that 1/20 this morning. Was tempted to lay it off for a liability of like £20 on betfair then completely forgot, could have won an easy few hundred with very little risk. Nothing should ever be as short as that in racing as anything can happen. it's a little different in football with less variables.

Yeah I debated a lay but couldn't really see it being beat and my betfair accounts empty atm. Like you say even a lay for a fiver liability would've made a weekend out from a fiver for a few.

Horses are horses, I'd never back anything less than about 1/4 in any sport cos I don't have the money, however I can understand football or rugby etc. but sometimes a horse just isn't on a going day and if it doesn't want to know, it's quality, it's jockey or its market support is irrelevant really.

Yeah I debated a lay but couldn't really see it being beat and my betfair accounts empty atm. Like you say even a lay for a fiver liability would've made a weekend out from a fiver for a few.

Horses are horses, I'd never back anything less than about 1/4 in any sport cos I don't have the money, however I can understand football or rugby etc. but sometimes a horse just isn't on a going day and if it doesn't want to know, it's quality, it's jockey or its market support is irrelevant really.

Yeah I thought it was the best horse in the race by a distance, but not by that much! Really disappointed I forgot to do it this morning.

Yeah I rarely put anything shorter than 1/5 even in acca's. But I would never back that short a horse, they can't tell you they aren't up for it on the day wheels a human can.

Apparently some chap put £190k on the 1/20 horse for a potential £17k profit. Oh dear oh dear!

For friday ive gone with two small stakes:

England (to nil) v Lithuania (1/2)

Moldova v Sweden               (2/5)

£4.75 returns £9.71

and

Kazakhstan v Iceland           (1/1)

£5 returns £10