Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Imagine what it's like for us with our capital letters and punctuation. This stuff doesn't write itself.

[Good betting.]

tbh if i win with all the bets i've laid out for tomorrow like i did today i might hire a full time assistant just to follow me round and capitalise my posts on here 

• Like 1

I like the format of that L15 correct score bet for internationals. Might give it a go tomorrow.

they are quite fun at times, if you find somewhere that pays double the odds for one winner then usually you only need to get one right and if they double your odds you'll be almost even at the end anyway. 

then obviously if you hit two you're in good enough profit, three is a dream and four you're buying a new car. 

it's also good cos keeps internationals interesting at smaller stakes, like i bet about £2.50 on that, got about £13 back so far, if spain had scored/if the other ends 1-1 it's like £80 or somethin. cos even if you're on handicaps usually -3 or something only pays about evens in half these pointless games. the width of the post and now a russia missed penalty looks like we'll have only hit two winners tonight which is a shame but pretty close. although that said it's been suspended again. if they don't finish i'll get about £28 i think. 

best i've ever got was 3/4 but that was a few years back when shakhtar and someone had to score draw to both go through in the champions league or something so the 1-1 score was about 2/1 so not much of a price lol. sometimes i'll back the correct scores in a small lucky and then the corresponding win to nil/win & btts in a bigger staked yankee but it wasn't worth it tonight, spain, england and switzerland to nil were all huge odds on. 

good luck if you have a go, let us know what you opt for. 

Had £50 on Spain, England, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria. All won to nil, £160 back

that's such a simple bet with hindsight haha, still takes decent knackers to have £50 on a sevenfold no matter what the odds! well played. 

edit - my lucky returned (or will do, presuming that russia game is void) £23 off £2.55. if spain had scored and not hit the post it would've been about £170. literally hit the post. 

Edited by ScouseFox

Guest Col city fan

they are quite fun at times, if you find somewhere that pays double the odds for one winner then usually you only need to get one right and if they double your odds you'll be almost even at the end anyway.

then obviously if you hit two you're in good enough profit, three is a dream and four you're buying a new car.

it's also good cos keeps internationals interesting at smaller stakes, like i bet about £2.50 on that, got about £13 back so far, if spain had scored/if the other ends 1-1 it's like £80 or somethin. cos even if you're on handicaps usually -3 or something only pays about evens in half these pointless games. the width of the post and now a russia missed penalty looks like we'll have only hit two winners tonight which is a shame but pretty close. although that said it's been suspended again. if they don't finish i'll get about £28 i think.

best i've ever got was 3/4 but that was a few years back when shakhtar and someone had to score draw to both go through in the champions league or something so the 1-1 score was about 2/1 so not much of a price lol. sometimes i'll back the correct scores in a small lucky and then the corresponding win to nil/win & btts in a bigger staked yankee but it wasn't worth it tonight, spain, england and switzerland to nil were all huge odds on.

good luck if you have a go, let us know what you opt for.

that's such a simple bet with hindsight haha, still takes decent knackers to have £50 on a sevenfold no matter what the odds! well played.

Gotta agree with that.

Having 50 on a 7 does show balls. Only takes one daft sending off or summat and it all goes wrong.

Guest Col city fan

Iceland at 19/20 to beat Kazahstan surely this is print time?

Iceland going for top stop Kaza rock bottom, I know its away but surely an Iceland win here? Thoughts?

Do your homework mate.

Have Iceland key injuries etc?

Theres usually some reason for the odds.

Who?

Iceland were evens (backed) and have gone slightly odds on.

Checked their squad and it looks full strength. Their main men, Sigurdsson, Sigthorsson, Halfredsson, Finbogasson are all fit and available.

Should have enough IMO, hence backing them.

Been getting back into it recently with small stakes. I'm pretty good when I'm disciplined but I do lots of stupid small bets so I've started doing those as account rounders just for an interest and then 10% of my pot on something I really like the look of. I've increased the pot ten-fold in a couple of weeks with this approach.

Only done the account rounders for tomorrow so far so:

£1 on Exeter, Barnet, Hearts, Northampton v Luton BTTS, Bristol City v Barnsley BTTS, Dag & Red v Wycombe BTTS for £35

65p on Czechs -2, Israel & BTTS, Iceland & BTTS for £42

That's just because I'm a simpleton that likes to follow a few scores on a Saturday afternoon.

Might go for a Scouse L15 tomorrow instead of the 10% bet.

Having a quick look at recent international results, one thing I noticed is Kazakhstan have scored in defeat against the Netherlands, Czech Republic and Turkey recently. Three of the four goals in those games were in the last ten minutes when the game was gone so they obviously still crack on rather than caving in. Might go for 2-1 to Iceland as one of the L15.

Guest Col city fan

Been getting back into it recently with small stakes. I'm pretty good when I'm disciplined but I do lots of stupid small bets so I've started doing those as account rounders just for an interest and then 10% of my pot on something I really like the look of. I've increased the pot ten-fold in a couple of weeks with this approach.

Only done the account rounders for tomorrow so far so:

£1 on Exeter, Barnet, Hearts, Northampton v Luton BTTS, Bristol City v Barnsley BTTS, Dag & Red v Wycombe BTTS for £35

65p on Czechs -2, Israel & BTTS, Iceland & BTTS for £42

That's just because I'm a simpleton that likes to follow a few scores on a Saturday afternoon.

Might go for a Scouse L15 tomorrow instead of the 10% bet.

Having a quick look at recent international results, one thing I noticed is Kazakhstan have scored in defeat against the Netherlands, Czech Republic and Turkey recently. Three of the four goals in those games were in the last ten minutes when the game was gone so they obviously still crack on rather than caving in. Might go for 2-1 to Iceland as one of the L15.

Good work Fez.

I may well go on btts in the Kazak v Iceland game (as part of an accy)

Eg. Just seen that Iceland and btts is 15/4.

Edited by Col city fan

Lucky 15 @ - 

Iceland 2-1, Correct Score, Kazakhstan v Iceland 
Czech Republic 3-0, Correct Score, Czech Republic v Latvia 
Israel 2-1, Correct Score, Israel v Wales 
Netherlands 2-0, Correct Score, Netherlands v Turkey

Stake £4.50

Potential Returns £1,574.70

4 Fold Accumulator(s) @ 3159.00 

Iceland 2-1, Correct Score, Kazakhstan v Iceland  
Czech Republic 3-0, Correct Score, Czech Republic v Latvia  
Israel 2-1, Correct Score, Israel v Wales  
Netherlands 2-0, Correct Score, Netherlands v Turkey

Stake £0.50

Potential Returns £1,579.50

Edited by Fez of Mahrez

Think we all are. I started it. Bring on the 2-0 :rolleyes:

Had a bit of a random one...

Harry Kane, Milivoje Novakovic & Isco anytime goalscorers. £5 returns £45.

Novakovic is well priced in my opinion. 8/13 for a player who has scored all three of Slovenia's goals in four games, they're at home to San Marino.

Took a gamble with Isco. I love the man so oh well.

ONE. EVERY TIME IT'S ONE.

I swear if Armenia don't win lol