Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

The in play bet is free though.

So he would have had 2 bets. The only two possible outcomes are

A) The pre-match bet wins and the in-play bet loses.

B) The pre-match bet loses and the in-play bet wins.

The pre-match bet costs £50, and the in-play bet costs so £0, so it's £50 total.

If outcome A happens, he has a £75 return, for £25 profit.

If outcome B happens, he has a £125 return, for £75 profit.

Edit: I think! lol lol lol

No, its THREE bets, thats the issue. The first two bets qualify you for bet 3

1) You need to place a bet of up to £50 to qualify for the risk free bet as part one

2) You then need to place an inplay bet AND LOSE to get risk free bet

3) Risk free bet comes when bet 2 LOSES.

So by staking £50 and laying it with another bookmaker, youre standing still just to qualify for the offer.

If part 2, the inplay bet wins, part one was totally irrelevant as you lose your offer code

If you lose part 2, you gain a £50 inplay bet, but dont have the stake returned if you win. So if you put it on anything less than evens, you still lose. If your ACTUAL bet loses, then you are refunded £50.

So theres no risk free at all. You still stand to lose.

Edited by Donut

The in-play bet is refunded after the game finishes if it fails to win, so you would receive that £50 back and it would put you on £125 - the same as if Real won.  :thumbup:

I don't know to be honest. I usually bet bigger stakes so didn't take up this offer, but when i was looking to see if there was an easy large win to be had that was the conclusion i came to.

I may be wrong, it's the kind of thing i would be wrong about. lol

No, its THREE bets, thats the issue. The first two bets qualify you for bet 3

1) You need to place a bet of up to £50 to qualify for the risk free bet as part one

2) You then need to place an inplay bet AND LOSE to get risk free bet

3) Risk free bet comes when bet 2 LOSES.

So by staking £50 and laying it with another bookmaker, youre standing still just to qualify for the offer.

If part 2, the inplay bet wins, part one was totally irrelevant as you lose your offer code

If you lose part 2, you gain a £50 inplay bet, but dont have the stake returned if you win. So if you put it on anything less than evens, you still lose. If your ACTUAL bet loses, then you are refunded £50.

So theres no risk free at all. You still stand to lose.

I haven't bothered to read all of that but trust me, it does work and has done for me in the past. 

I haven't bothered to read all of that but trust me, it does work and has done for me in the past. 

Please post the bets you made after the game to show profit and loss over the game

Something isnt registering in my head, or ive misread something

I read the below as saying your first in play bet is refunded after the event. Other in play bets after this will not be refunded.

This is the email i received:

To qualify for your risk free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50)

Edited by Stevosevic

This is the email i received:

To qualify for your risk free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50)

So, what you should do then, is place a tiny inplay bet and hope to deliberately lose on this basis, to get a free £50?

Not sure, it says refund your stake of your first In play bet if it loses.

No it isnt refunded

The refund is whatever stake you made on your pregame bet if you lose BOTH of your inplay bets.

Unless theres something seriously wrong with how ive read the terms of this, its a total sucker that you cant win from unless youre extremely lucky.

Not sure, it says refund your stake of your first In play bet if it loses.

If you win your first inplay bet, you win your bet, theres no risk free bet. theres no point in pursuing the offer because youve just won a bet, thats all. You might as well have just placed an inplay bet like you would any other night.

You already lost £4 or so on part one in trying to qualify the for the bet.

Theres 88 mins on the clock, so even if you COULD qualify for your free bet, its incredibly likely that your bet would either a) lose, and youd be given £50 back or b) youd be betting on something of very short odds to win, which could not overcome the non refunded stake because of the free bet rules.

So basically, whatever happened, the best you can hope for is almost break even, rendering the whole thing a needless risk that could, and probably would end up costing you money.

Edited by Donut