Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Hello gentlemen,

I have been an avid reader but non poster of this forum for about two years now. I find it very interesting as a season ticket holder and regular follower of the foxes away to gauge peoples feelings on matters regarding our woeful side. Anyway, down to buisness. I am a student in my final year attempting to complete a dissertation/research project. My chosen subject is gambling. Now you see why I am in this thread. I am looking for subjects to interview, ideally over the phone to get an idea of your views of gambling. Basically, what you gamble on, where you gamble and why you do it are the main themes. If you would be willing to take part in an entirely confidential piece of research, you would be helping out a fellow fox who would be eternally grateful. Plus if you are ever hanging around the kop concourse before a home game I would be more than happy to buy you an alcoholic beverage of your choice. I know it is alot of effort for very little reward but if you are keen, reply in this thread or send me an email- [email protected] and we can make arrangements. Thanks alot.

Yeah I thought that after I posted. No real need to do it in on the phone. The only reason I did'nt suggest email was because with these things sometimes people can be pretty brief in there answers. Also you might say something that may lead me down another line of questions all together. So MSN would be ideal. When suits you both best?

Yeah I thought that after I posted. No real need to do it in on the phone. The only reason I did'nt suggest email was because with these things sometimes people can be pretty brief in there answers. Also you might say something that may lead me down another line of questions all together. So MSN would be ideal. When suits you both best?

I used to be a credit betting liabilities manager any info needed i'd be happy to help!

Have you thought about posting on Betfair forums?

Wide range of punters use those including bookmakers!

Marseille 4/7

Tottenham 8/13

Benfica evens

£10 Treble

Yakubu Aiyegbeni 6/1

Kevin Davies 5/1

Kris Boyd 6/1

Robbie Keane 4/1

20p Yankee

Strabinios King 7/2

Soviet Palace 5/1

Stoneacre Gareth 11/4

Cape Velvet 5/2

The Nawab 7/2

Rebellious Spir 5/1

20 x 20p trebles

20p acc

Bayern Munich 4/6

Everton Draw 11/5

Marseille 4/7

Bolton Draw 11/5

Bayer Leverkusen Draw 11/5

Tottenham 8/13

Benfica evens

50p acc

Fiorentina 2 - 2 14/1

Marseille 3 - 1 9/1

Bolton 2 - 2 14/1

Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 2 14/1

Tottenham 3 - 1 11/1

Benfica 3 - 1 18/1

10p c/s Heinz

Just answered his questions. Was pretty painless. Only took 15-20mins. :thumbup:

Hello gentlemen,

I have been an avid reader but non poster of this forum for about two years now. I find it very interesting as a season ticket holder and regular follower of the foxes away to gauge peoples feelings on matters regarding our woeful side. Anyway, down to buisness. I am a student in my final year attempting to complete a dissertation/research project. My chosen subject is gambling. Now you see why I am in this thread. I am looking for subjects to interview, ideally over the phone to get an idea of your views of gambling. Basically, what you gamble on, where you gamble and why you do it are the main themes. If you would be willing to take part in an entirely confidential piece of research, you would be helping out a fellow fox who would be eternally grateful. Plus if you are ever hanging around the kop concourse before a home game I would be more than happy to buy you an alcoholic beverage of your choice. I know it is alot of effort for very little reward but if you are keen, reply in this thread or send me an email- [email protected] and we can make arrangements. Thanks alot.

Everything

Just had a text from my source, not sure of odds.......

3:50 Sandown (Saturday) Ravello Bay!

Good luck - I'm only having a small bet (if its over 4/1 then ill be having e/w any thing below will be on the nose)

Edited by fox123

Just had a text from my source, not sure of odds.......

3:50 Sandown (Saturday) Ravello Bay!

Good luck - I'm only having a small bet (if its over 4/1 then ill be having e/w any thing below will be on the nose)

Dont think im betting that. Around 20 runners, odds around 3/2 pffft lol cheers though.

Hows this for shit luck.

Had an accy on...

SWANSEA, Lpool,BBurn,Hull,Carlisle,Doncaster,Hartlepool.

And it fcuked up after the first one.

Fcuking Welsh bastards(no offence!)

First home lose in 4 MONTHS!!!!! :(

Hows this for shit luck.

Had an accy on...

SWANSEA, Lpool,BBurn,Hull,Carlisle,Doncaster,Hartlepool.

And it fcuked up after the first one.

Fcuking Welsh bastards(no offence!)

First home lose in 4 MONTHS!!!!! :(

Hehe. I bet the other 6 will all win now just to caress it in. :thumbup::crylaugh: