Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

League Winners 2015/2016

Man City

Middlesbrough

Wigan

Luton

£2 returns over 7 grand lol

At those odds might be worth an e/w bet, can normally get top 2 or 3 places. The chelsea, boro double for example pays 25/1 even without doing L1 and L2.

had a tenner on italy u21s. why do every bookie keep pricing england up as favs? 

1-0 up so hopefully this doesn't bite me on the arse lol

edit - 2-0, nice. 

i did lose about 40 quid on the horses before, had three beaten by a short head or less ;( 

Edited by ScouseFox

How does the Asian handicap work?

Asian Handicaps offer a mythical head start to teams. Say If I was on team X at +2.5 asian and they lost by 2 balls or less (or drew/won) I'd win, but lose by 3 or more id lose I'd lose. Of course you can back the reverse of these too -2.5 needing a 3 goal or more win. 

Slightly more complex with quarter balls.. say I back a team +2.25  that means 50% winner if lose by 2 50% void or a team at +2.75 that means 50% loser if lose by 3 and 50% void if lose by 3. 

Zero basically means the bet is off scratch no head start to either team money back if a draw.

Edited by Guest

had a tenner on italy u21s. why do every bookie keep pricing england up as favs? 

1-0 up so hopefully this doesn't bite me on the arse lol

edit - 2-0, nice. 

i did lose about 40 quid on the horses before, had three beaten by a short head or less ;( 

UK bookies know mugs over here will back England in anything at any price so shrewdly keep them short limiting loss if they do happen to win. 

UK bookies know mugs over here will back England in anything at any price so shrewdly keep them short limiting loss if they do happen to win. 

yeah i get that, guess my question/confusion was probably more who the hell is piling into england u21s when we're quite clearly awful? 

we were decent favs against portugal too and were odds on the beat sweden, which granted we did, but not in the fashion of a comfortble odds on shot. 

Guest Col city fan

Asian Handicaps offer a mythical head start to teams. Say If I was on team X at +2.5 asian and they lost by 2 balls or less (or drew/won) I'd win, but lose by 3 or more id lose I'd lose.

Slightly more complex with quarter balls.. say I back a team +2.25 that means 50% winner if lose by 2 50% void or a team at +2.75 that means 50% loser if lose by 3 and 50% void if lose by 3.

Zero basically means the bet is off scratch no head start to either team money back if a draw.

Cheers mate.. Do they usually come in for you?

yeah i get that, guess my question/confusion was probably more who the hell is piling into england u21s when we're quite clearly awful? 

we were decent favs against portugal too and were odds on the beat sweden, which granted we did, but not in the fashion of a comfortble odds on shot. 

Yeah it's not easy to come up with a quick answer for that really.. Blind betting patriotism. Assumption they'll come good. Harry Kane is too good for the kids etc. Probably a lot of small factors playing into the psyche of the punter. 

Cheers mate.. Do they usually come in for you?

Depends how well researched my bets are usually. I'm primarily a Cricket/Boxing punter but having worked as an odds compiler and sports trader for 2 large betting firms back in the day I know my way around most types of bets. Win some, lose some. 

Asian Handicaps offer a mythical head start to teams. Say If I was on team X at +2.5 asian and they lost by 2 balls or less (or drew/won) I'd win, but lose by 3 or more id lose I'd lose. Of course you can back the reverse of these too -2.5 needing a 3 goal or more win.

Slightly more complex with quarter balls.. say I back a team +2.25 that means 50% winner if lose by 2 50% void or a team at +2.75 that means 50% loser if lose by 3 and 50% void if lose by 3.

You've explained that wrong. If you have a +2.25 Handicap and your team loses 2-0 it is still a winner.

Asian Handicaps always reset from when you back them too which is good.

You've explained that wrong. If you have a +2.25 Handicap and your team loses 2-0 it is still a winner.

Nah pretty sure he is right.

Half your stake goes on +2 and half goes on +2.5

No. Half is a winner half is a void. Think you may be thinking of 2.5 which would be a full winner with a 2 goal loss. 

Skybet just messed up in my favour. I had to get on chat to get them to settle a double where one game finished early. They settled as a single & they've credited my account with the same amount again. What's the likelihood they won't notice? I'm guessing zero.

Nah pretty sure he is right.

Half your stake goes on +2 and half goes on +2.5

The way he's typed it is +2.25 so technically it is still a winner if a team loses 2-0 and he's on the plus Asian. Would need to be 3-0 to be a loss

The line you're saying would be +2, +2.5.

Or -2, -2.5

So if you're team wins 2-0 and youve backed -2, -2.5 you'll get half refunded/void -2.5 is a loser so you'll lose half..

Edited by Ashley

The way he's typed it is +2.25 so technically it is still a winner if a team loses 2-0 and he's on the plus Asian. Would need to be 3-0 to be a loss

The line you're saying would be +2, +2.5.

Or -2, -2.5

So if you're team wins 2-0 and youve backed -2, -2.5 you'll get half refunded/void -2.5 is a loser so you'll lose half..

Yeah, I think some bookies use 2.25 and 2.75 as a shorthand for -2,-2.5 or -2.5, 3. I learned this when I thought I was getting great value on -2.25 instead of going for -2.5 haha.

Yeah, I think some bookies use 2.25 and 2.75 as a shorthand for -2,-2.5 or -2.5, 3. I learned this when I thought I was getting great value on -2.25 instead of going for -2.5 haha.

Yeah I mainly use Bet365 for Asians, probably best there is. Think Mara and Sbobet use the -.25