Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

i think so? did i? genuinely cant even remember haha. i definitely updated it on my laptop (cos i nailed the correct score in the cup final and went from about bottom to near the top lol) but no idea if i posted the final round up etc on here. i'll check in the morning when i'm back on the pc.

debating how to go again next season with it and keep it interesting an that, cos numbers dropped towards the end of the season an it started to drag a little. partly my fault for missing updates and that cos i was quite busy doing work/getting drunk :D was good fun for a solid few months though.

Personally I think leave it to one bet per weekend and if you miss it you're not allowed to catch up.

Anyone had a league winners bet/promotion bet yet?

Rangers - Champions

Barcelona - Champions

Juventus - Champions

Leyton Orient - Promoted

Rangers will win their league. I've never been so certain of one ever.

Personally I think leave it to one bet per weekend and if you miss it you're not allowed to catch up.

I'd probably agree with that.

Will help you if you want Scouse if you can't do it one week or something. Genuinely liked the concept.

yeah that was the original idea and i reckon would work better too. the only issue was with it being the first time it'd been on here, quite a few joined 2 or 3 weeks in and the plan was that they would catch up first time and then go back to normal but people were joining all the way though the season etc. got a bit messy. 

not everyone was as punctual and on point as the likes of you and me bert :D 

I'd probably agree with that.

Will help you if you want Scouse if you can't do it one week or something. Genuinely liked the concept.

yeah like i said will be hoping to bring it back for the new footy season, open to any suggestions on how it can be kept fresh or any cool features. was signing back up to the fantasy football and thought about trying to rob a few of their ideas (a cup tournament, but not sure how that'd work if both tips lost haha, a "wildcard" week where you can have £20 or £30 or something on a tip instead of the standard £10 or perhaps you can have 4 or 5 selections instead of a single or double etc etc). i'm sure between the regular punters on here we can come up with some tidy ideas. 

im a wizard on a spreadsheet these days with my new job too so it'll be well easier to keep it updated! 

Anyone had a league winners bet/promotion bet yet?

Usually have one and will be looking into in closer in the next few weeks.

Currently considering Chelsea as Champions, probably Rangers too. As for the three football league teams I can't decide between Middlesbrough and Derby for the Championship. League One, I've been going for Sheffield United since they were relegated but I think they will do it this year. Probably just pick promotion though (not Champions) so it leaves three options.. 

Edited by Fox92

Leicester to be in the bottom 3 in 1st September 11/2 looks a very good price.

It does really. If we lose to Sunderland I can't see us not being in the bottom three. The other three games are very much 50/50 in my opinion and getting off to a start such as losing at home to someone like Sunderland I'm pretty sure it'll swing it against us.

Doubt I'll bother with it though.

£20 on Top Tug in the 1st race at goodwood today, money back as a free bet on skybet if your horse loses in the 1st race.

Also had a trixie on Dutch Connection, Birchwood at goodwood and Simanka at galway.

im on Dutch connection and birchwood too. here's hoping.

ive been on toormore in nearly every (probably every) race he's ran so it'll be typical that i desert for a big one and he bolts up.

im on Dutch connection and birchwood too. here's hoping.

ive been on toormore in nearly every (probably every) race he's ran so it'll be typical that i desert for a big one and he bolts up.

knocky super not nice

Think im going to start with a 500 quid betting kitty when the season kicks off.

If I lose it all then thats it for the season however I should be able to profit with that kinda starting wedge.

Will be tracking all my bets this year as well, can't wait to get started.

Had the forecast two races in a row at goodwood, as well as the two winners in a double and in a treble with king of rookes up next.

on a forecast in this two but three in a row would be just too far surely

king of rookes must've cost me at least £200, probably a chunk more if one or two others land. 

did have kachy w/o the fav which was 5/2 last night, was taken by his run @ chester a few weeks back and thought he'd be the one to challenge but not bloody beat the fav. 

up for the day but that made it an ok day when it could've been nuts. 

everything i've won today goes on NIGEL in the 8.35 @ Sandown. 

Currently @ 11/8. 

absolutely shite. 

backing all of buick's rides for johnston @ goodwood tomorrow. 6/1, 5/1, 10/1 & 11/1. 

MLS All star game v Spurs - Hard not to fancy a goal fest in that..  Over 4.5 Goals 5/2 a tempter. Could play it safer and back over 3.5 at 11/10 though. Risk vs Reward. 

Last year was only 3 goals but should have been many more. Was 4 goals in 2013 and in 2012 there was 5 goals. Spurs always feel like a team that can leak and score goals... their game against us at WHL is a testament to that. 

Something like 3-2 Spurs wouldn't surprise me. 

Probably be miles off  ;)