Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

had a couple of quid on Brentford to go down at 20's, seem to be letting the core of last years squad leave (Douglas, Dallas and Odubajo) and they're not getting Pritchard back. Seems like they've signed a shitload of untested foreign players too. May be totally wrong but that doesn't seem too smart in that league.

Guest Col city fan

Swear whenever I back btts there's always a missed peno, takes the ****ing piss

Red cards are as bad.

Handed out these days like confetti and can absolutely cock up a bet instantly.

A REAL betting occupational hazard.

Guest Col city fan

Red cards are as bad.

Handed out these days like confetti and can absolutely cock up a bet instantly.

A REAL betting occupational hazard.

Point made...three separate bets in three separate games this evening. All three saw a red card. And each time for the team I betted on.

It makes betting on football almost impossible.

What do we all think to United beating Spurs comfortably this weekend.

Spurs played last night and today in the Audi cup, which seems ridiculous to me considering their campaign begins in 3 days. A fresher Man U at home should be winning this by at least 2 goals.

Looking at the odds for the premier league Crystal Palace look so overpriced, almost 2/1 away at Norwich? Am I missing something or is it just because it's the first day of the season, new signings so the fear of the unknown etc.

Spurs played last night and today in the Audi cup, which seems ridiculous to me considering their campaign begins in 3 days. A fresher Man U at home should be winning this by at least 2 goals.

Had the same thoughts might lump on Utd -1

optimistic antepost bet GO;

Bournemouth to finish bottom @ 6/1 (6 to 1 !!!)

Brentford to go down @ 20/1 (hopefully hull do buy all their good players and their new manager is shit)

Blackpool to finish bottom @ 7/1 (hopefully they just keep pitch invading)

and all ending with France making the most of home advantage to win Euro 2016 @ 4/1.

£1 lucky 15 returns nearly £10k. 

Having Bournemouth as a single too. Great odds. 

PSG @ 8/11

Everton @ 8/11

Leicester @ evs 

is my weekend bet. 

There is still some chaos at United mind.

Who will play in goal?

How will the forward partnership work?

What shape / balance will they have in midfield?

What's moral like? Reported unhappiness at the way Valdes was treated. Lots of bids flying everywhere without players actually coming in - what does that say to the guys already there?

On the flip side

Spurs may well have Lloris back.

Not sure what's going on with Harry Kane, but if he plays he will be a handful for the United defence.

Squad is reasonably settled.

There were better signs towards the end of last year.

I could look silly on Sunday evening, but I don't think it's a complete forgone conclusion.

There is still some chaos at United mind.

Who will play in goal?

How will the forward partnership work?

What shape / balance will they have in midfield?

What's moral like? Reported unhappiness at the way Valdes was treated. Lots of bids flying everywhere without players actually coming in - what does that say to the guys already there?

On the flip side

Spurs may well have Lloris back.

Not sure what's going on with Harry Kane, but if he plays he will be a handful for the United defence.

Squad is reasonably settled.

There were better signs towards the end of last year.

I could look silly on Sunday evening, but I don't think it's a complete forgone conclusion.

I'll predict that should United win, it won't take until Sunday evening for you to look silly.

Looks like anybody who played against Real didn't play last night aside from Fazio and Vertongen so fatigue probably won't play as a much of a role as I expected.

However my money is already down, so still confident they will do the business. Had a fair whack on them and Rangers in a double, so the bet could be dead by 10pm Friday haha.

Everton look big for relegation at 50/1 - A summer without significant investment and it seems Martinez is taking them in a backwards direction. 

Also no significant losses and no european football to deal with. Cant see them being any lower than 12th.

50/1. Happy to take a small chance at that price.

they kick off with;

watford (h)

southampton (a)

man city (h)

spurs (a)

chelsea (h)

swansea (a) 

as well. then don't play til monday night the weekend after. could deffo be worth a little back to lay in a month's time there. or i noticed a few bookies doing odds on who will be bottom on september 1st, for which everton are priced @ 22/1, or simply 13/2 just to be in the bottom three after 4 games, from which i can't see them taking much more than 3 points (vs watford). could be better value and a quicker return than backing them outright for relegation? 

they kick off with;

watford (h)

southampton (a)

man city (h)

spurs (a)

chelsea (h)

swansea (a) 

as well. then don't play til monday night the weekend after. could deffo be worth a little back to lay in a month's time there. or i noticed a few bookies doing odds on who will be bottom on september 1st, for which everton are priced @ 22/1, or simply 13/2 just to be in the bottom three after 4 games, from which i can't see them taking much more than 3 points (vs watford). could be better value and a quicker return than backing them outright for relegation? 

That is not a kind start to the season, who's offering 13/2 to bottom 3 after 4 games. I think you may have talked me in to that one.

Yeah that's fair, even better if you cash out or lay off if they have an awful start. Which looks extremely possible after reading scouse's post.

That is not a kind start to the season, who's offering 13/2 to bottom 3 after 4 games. I think you may have talked me in to that one.

Yeah that's fair, even better if you cash out or lay off if they have an awful start. Which looks extremely possible after reading scouse's post.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/bottom-3-on-1st-september-2015

that's the full market, few nice looking bets in there. no surprise that the graph has everton down as over 50% of bets so far. 

quite a lot of your teams you'd expect to be down there have much kinder starts (ie there's quite a few playing each other) so it's tough to call which of them will start slowly, but that everton start is a shocker. 

depends how badly they bookies/betfair react to a poor start, it's very possible that they could go into their 7th game on a monday night (wba away) with just three points, which after everyone else has played 7 games is surely going to leave them in a bit of an early pickle. i have however gone quite big on them to beat watford, so hopefully this market goes in play, they win their opener, i get the winnings from that, they hit about 8-10/1 to be bottom three, i reinvest and they lose three in a row. 

dreaming. 

Edited by ScouseFox