Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I'm half tempted to join that thing. They are some serious profits he's making there.

I can see it being closed eventually but profit is profit even if it is only for a while.

If you are thinking about doing matched betting, I'd have a serious think before paying for it as a service, like that site. There's no real point in making money from it only to have to pay it back as a subscription fee to the service you're using. There's plenty of free guides if you Google it. I did it last year with all the bookmakers I wasn't signed up to (and there is a lot of them that give sign-up offers) and made around £500 profit. Not enough to retire with, but as you said, profit is profit.

My only couple of suggestions would be:

- Do one free bet at a time. There's no rush and these offers hang around for a long time. The bookmakers will always have offers on to attract people.

- You need a decent amount in your bank account. Sometimes to get the full benefit of the offers you need to be backing and laying considerable amounts of money, so it won't be rare to transfer several hundred pounds into online accounts and Betfair at the same time. Hence why it's good to do one at a time!

- Try and go for matches where the Backing and Laying odds are close together. The further away they are from each other, the greater your liability will be on Betfair and the less your profit from the free bet will be.

- Try and choose a match that isn't going to be kicking off in the next couple of hours (and definitely not in the next half an hour or so). At this time the odds can be jumping up and down on a regular basis and if the Lay odds move before you get your bet on, you risk losing your money.

- Use an online free bet calculator to work out exactly how much you need to Back and Lay, and how much profit you will make. And keep a record of all the offers you've used.

- Finally, check the T&Cs of the free bet offers really closely and if you're unsure of anything, verify it through through one of the online agents of the bookmaker. Some of the free bets require you to roll over your deposit five/ten times and I came unstuck on that a few times. It's best to target the offers where you can withdraw after your initial first bet/deposit.

Here's a couple of links to some free sites that offer guides and calculators to help you. As I said, I'd think very carefully before paying for this as a service!

http://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html

http://www.matchedbetting.co.uk/guide/

Edited by foxinexile

I'm half tempted to join that thing. They are some serious profits he's making there.

I can see it being closed eventually but profit is profit even if it is only for a while.

It's good fun as well and it's stopped me actually gambling I was reluctant to pay £17 a month but it just takes the hassle out as he finds the bets. Try the two free ones on his page, costs nothing. Like I said it helps if you have no accounts already open, I'm using my dads details but my card.

It's good fun as well and it's stopped me actually gambling I was reluctant to pay £17 a month but it just takes the hassle out as he finds the bets. Try the two free ones on his page, costs nothing. Like I said it helps if you have no accounts already open, I'm using my dads details but my card.

Don't get me wrong, great to see you're making profit and all that but there's no fun here in my opinion.

The whole fun of winning a bet for me comes from picking it myself and not paying someone to pick them. Yes, I lose regularly and I'm making nowhere near as much as you will, but I bet what I can afford to lose. When I do win, it's like Christmas came early!

Gone for £50 in Man City or Draw with Bet 365. This pays out just over £64.

Then I have backed £20 on Chelsea with paddypower, this pays out exactly £70.

This will give me a £50 in play bet with Bet365 that will get refunded if it loses and 2 free in play £5 bets with Paddpower.

Total risk is less then £6 if Chelsea don't win, for £60 of inplay betting.

Read Bet365 terms and conditions first as they refund your first in play bet with cash if it looses.

Gone for £50 in Man City or Draw with Bet 365. This pays out just over £64.

Then I have backed £20 on Chelsea with paddypower, this pays out exactly £70.

This will give me a £50 in play bet with Bet365 that will get refunded if it loses and 2 free in play £5 bets with Paddpower.

Total risk is less then £6 if Chelsea don't win, for £60 of inplay betting.

Read Bet365 terms and conditions first as they refund your first in play bet with cash if it looses.

If Chelsea win what is the payout?

Thinking of doing something similar backing Chelsea though odds to good.

Chelsea win, I get my money back, essentially £70. Plus what I back during the in play bets, if any of them come off.

Last time I did I hit a correct score with my inplay bet and won £450 profit. But can't hit a correct score everytime. But if your risk averse, then there is clearly away to guarantee a profit regardless of outcome.

Chelsea win, I get my money back, essentially £70. Plus what I back during the in play bets, if any of them come off.

Last time I did I hit a correct score with my inplay bet and won £450 profit. But can't hit a correct score everytime. But if your risk averse, then there is clearly away to guarantee a profit regardless of outcome.

Sweet, Chelsea odds are very tempting they usually do the biz in the big games as well... don't know what to go for atm.

Is this correct regarding the bet365 offer...

If I stake 50 on Chelsea pre-match and then 50 on them again in play with the free 50 if Chelsea lose I will get my money back?

You don't get a free £50 to bet with. You bet with your own money for both bets and get the in-play bet refunded as cash if you lose.

If you bet like you said and Chelsea didn't win you'd be £50 down overall.

Edited by Filbert_Ross

You don't get a free £50 to bet with. You bet with your own money for both bets and get the in-play bet refunded as cash if you lose.

If you bet like you said and Chelsea didn't win you'd be £50 down overall.

Cheers, sorted it now.

Gone for 50 on Chelsea pre match returns 200 then will place draw or Chelsea 50 in play returns 91.

Basically if Man City win I will get 50 back and would be 50 down which aint to bad as I think Chelsea will turn up, big game.. Man City could easily beat them though depends who wants it.