Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I haven't got a clue how anyone wins an accumulator nowadays. There are things about English football I'll criticise but one thing you can't knock it for is the unpredictability in one off results. I think it's the most unpredictable of the big leagues for one off results.

I got 0/3 again yesterday, Stoke to win at Norwich, West Ham to beat Bournemouth and Swansea to win at Sunderland. To get none of them is ridiculous.

Made up for a few losses today though. Had a tenner on Feyenoord to win and Man City -1. Both fairly late winners in the end. £42 in the bag.

Bookies will be laughing tonight:

Juventus lost

Benfica lost

Madrid drew

All in all its been a fairly poor weekend for favourites, just saw a guys bet on Twitter that needed Madrid to win for €14k from €1.50, and I get mad if a team lets me down for £35

The most sickening thing about that bet is that he had about 6 other games as draws, so he's gone and lost it on what should be the banker of that list - ironically to a draw.

I'm amazed Real Madrid didn't win, or even score tonight.

I had Fylde, Boston, Solihull and Burnley yesterday at 9/1. Only winner and that was only thanks to a 90+4 minute winner from Fylde. 

I think 4 team accumulators are the way forward. 

I gambled £40 of the 9/1 winnings on Chelsea and Man City today which returned £113 so its been a good day. 

Apparently they offered him £11k to cash out as well but he let it run lol

Didn't realise they offered the cash out option in-store

Have no sympathy for people that lose bets with Real and Barca in tbh

It wasn't the bookies I think it was an online betting agent called Collosusbet or something, they offered 11k for his slip or 5.6k for 50% and he just refused, also read at half time they offered him 9k and he didn't want that!

i haven't won an accumulator for ages, always seems to be the one I'm most confident in that messes up and I won't even start on English football just that out of all the leagues in the world English ones are the hardest to bet on for me

Tomorrow is the bet365 offer, think I'll just do Arsenal Liverpool double chance and then draw in-play so will make £12.50 or £100 depending on the result

Edited by zak_lcfc

I had Fylde, Boston, Solihull and Burnley yesterday at 9/1. Only winner and that was only thanks to a 90+4 minute winner from Fylde. 

I think 4 team accumulators are the way forward. 

I gambled £40 of the 9/1 winnings on Chelsea and Man City today which returned £113 so its been a good day. 

4 teams is as high as I'd go now. It's sheer luck if you manage to win with any more than that. There are just too many strange scores.

I'm tempted to do the same with my £42 on Arsenal tomorrow. Don't know how you're feeling about that game.

The most sickening thing about that bet is that he had about 6 other games as draws, so he's gone and lost it on what should be the banker of that list - ironically to a draw.

I'm amazed Real Madrid didn't win, or even score tonight.

Ronaldo missed a sitter, too  :giggle:

To be fair you'd expect Real to win. In hindsight everyone will be saying they'd cash out. Had it come to the €9k at half time Id have been crapping it and very tempted to cash out, but there's no way I'd cash out pre game. Real absolutely hammered them as well lol

To be fair you'd expect Real to win. In hindsight everyone will be saying they'd cash out. Had it come to the €9k at half time Id have been crapping it and very tempted to cash out, but there's no way I'd cash out pre game. Real absolutely hammered them as well lol

think i would've cashed out for at least a bit like, mainly because i'm a bit of a flapper when it comes to a few hundred quid let alone 15 grand or whatever it was. 

was only like a quid stake or something though wasn't it, so probably not a big punter etc. just a happy go lucky kinda guy who ticked a load of draws that fluked in. you'd imagine if he was even a semi serious punter he'd have laid madrid @ like 1/4 pre game. could've laid them for 4k and you'd be looking at either a 4k win or a 14k win, off a quid. probably tricky finding a spare grand to lay them on though if you're only usually betting £2 lol

yeah they would've won any other day of the week. blatant penno denied too. poor guy. 

£10 on us to win our next to games (bury away & bournemouth away) pays £59. massive value? 

we're 8/11 just to win at bury. it's the carling cup it'll be a "weakened team" etc but it should include inler, kante, ulloa, kramaric and possibly a couple more first team players. against a team yet to win a game in league one. and have conceded 7 in their last two games. and may themselves rest a few players if they feel like their more important battle this season is with league one relegation, not the second round of the carling cup. that looks a bit ridiculous surely. 

4 teams is as high as I'd go now. It's sheer luck if you manage to win with any more than that. There are just too many strange scores.

I'm tempted to do the same with my £42 on Arsenal tomorrow. Don't know how you're feeling about that game.

I'm expecting a loss. Can't see us beating them away, awful record at the Emirates, think since they have been there we have 1 win and 2 draws in the League there lol Stinking record in fact haha. 

I couldn't stand being in a position where you're waiting on one game like that. Easy to see why he didn't cash out. You'd be a bit miffed if you missed out on an extra £3k because you didn't trust Real Madrid to beat Gijon as they romp to a three goal lead after 15 minutes. Would feel like an absolute boss after the Real game if he'd cashed out though.

I'm not sure I trust Arsenal on second thoughts. Might just leave it. They've let me down a few times.

I couldn't stand being in a position where you're waiting on one game like that. Easy to see why he didn't cash out. You'd be a bit miffed if you missed out on an extra £3k because you didn't trust Real Madrid to beat Gijon as they romp to a three goal lead after 15 minutes. Would feel like an absolute boss after the Real game if he'd cashed out though.

I'm not sure I trust Arsenal on second thoughts. Might just leave it. They've let me down a few times.

Wouldn't have to think twice about cashing out for that amount. For me there's a simple question to ask yourself, if you had won 11k on an acca, would you bang it all on Real for a chance to win another 3k?

If the answer is yes then let it ride, otherwise cashout and enjoy your massive win.

Edited by filbertway

Wouldn't have to think twice about cashing out for that amount. For me there's a simple question to ask yourself, if you had won 11k on an acca, would you bang it all on Real for a chance to win another 3k?

If the answer is yes then let it ride, otherwise cashout and enjoy your massive win.

A fair argument although I think it's a bit different when you've already made it.

Remember that one a couple of years back who had 1p on 8 exact results in the Champions League knockouts, somehow got 6 out of 6 bang on and then on the last night AC Milan beat Barcelona 2-0 to ruin it, he put 0-2. He got the other spot on as well. Think Coral paid for him and a mate to go to the 2nd leg which was a nice touch.

A fair argument although I think it's a bit different when you've already made it.

Remember that one a couple of years back who had 1p on 8 exact results in the Champions League knockouts, somehow got 6 out of 6 bang on and then on the last night AC Milan beat Barcelona 2-0 to ruin it, he put 0-2. He got the other spot on as well. Think Coral paid for him and a mate to go to the 2nd leg which was a nice touch.

Last season I did an 8 or 9 team acca, most of them were decent odds and I put a couple of Dutch teams that were playing first round of the cup in, at 1/5 and 1/33, returns were only about 85 quid but the team that were 1/33 drew 0-0. They then scored about 12 seconds into extra time. Since then I've left massive odds on well alone.

Now I usually go for doubles or trebles with teams between 4/6 and 6/4. I seem to win more than I lose nowadays,

Last season I did an 8 or 9 team acca, most of them were decent odds and I put a couple of Dutch teams that were playing first round of the cup in, at 1/5 and 1/33, returns were only about 85 quid but the team that were 1/33 drew 0-0. They then scored about 12 seconds into extra time. Since then I've left massive odds on well alone.

Now I usually go for doubles or trebles with teams between 4/6 and 6/4. I seem to win more than I lose nowadays,

I generally do the same but often end up annoyed. Think 1/2 is probably the lowest I'd go and that was only if I thought it was an absolute formality, and generally if it's 1/2 I'll look into -1.

Even though I said it during the first round of the Capital One Cup.. don't bet on results go goals galore instead. I might back for tomorrow.. few teams have said they WILL BE full strength.

I think its always best to bet on a game that consists of a Champ/Prem team away against L1/L2 for goals galore in the cup.