Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan

Cashed out in the Wales game (had a double with the Malta game btts).

Having seen the Scots blow it Latvia, I wasn't gonna risk a Wales win tonight.

How much you put on Dan.

I was going to put £50 on Iceland -1 & Belgium but bottled it and just put £15 on.

£35. Really come round to having bigger stakes and less teams. I'm still in profit for the weekend but nowhere near as much now. What a horrendous way to lose that is.

£35. Really come round to having bigger stakes and less teams. I'm still in profit for the weekend but nowhere near as much now. What a horrendous way to lose that is.

I was in good profit until yesterday, had a £15 double yesterday which was let down by Walsall, then obviously Iceland let me down on another £15 double today.

Guest Col city fan

I'm a bloke who I would class as an 'unlucky gambler'. I bet almost exclusively on football, knowing nothing about the nags etc..

This is genuine. I can bet on single teams to win, btts, goals under, over, doubles etc... And rarely win. Over this weekend, for instance, I've bet on probably 6/7 different fixtures, in various ways and had one win. Just one. This is common for me. So much so that Mrs Col has asked me why the bloody Hell I do it...'you never win'.....

Over this weekend, I've had the Scots who didn't turn up, I've (yet again) had three of the 6/7 bets suffering sendings off. And a couple of games where the opposition has pummelled the opposition goal, to not actually score (not to WIN, but not even to get btts).

HOWEVER... and this is the point...in all that, I've lost about 8 quid over the weekend. Which is what...two pints or a pack of fags.. The reason for this is because I limit myself to a max of two quid per bet. Knowing that I appear to have little 'lady luck', I discipline myself to the two quid. That way, I can have a little flutter, watch the games being played (Bet 365) and not shit myself when I, yet again, lose. If the two quid max was say a fiver, or a tenner, this weekend would have seen me down by about £50 ish.... Which would have pissed me off. Even on those rare weekends when I find myself up by a few pound, I still limit the next bet to two quid.

That's my way of betting (I find it compulsive and addictive) but not suffering from it..which, let's face it, most people do over the longer term.

I started out making smaller bets when I had less money but the reality is you hardly ever win. I think results are getting harder and harder to predict and anyone who can land a five fold or more has been, in my honest opinion, pretty lucky.

My newest tactic is to start out with say.. a tenner, build it up a little bit (granted this bit can be trickier than it sounds) and then just increase your stakes whilst still leaving enough in there to keep it making money. It's a bit of an accumulator but you have more control over it and you've got more options about what to do with it.

I only put £35 on Iceland because I'd won £77 the day before, and because I was absolutely sure they were going to win. 5 wins out of 6 and they were 2/5 at home to Kazakhstan. It's absolutely foul that they've not won that. I'm still in profit but I'm annoyed. Still believe in the tactic though.