Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan

I kid you not.

4 of the 6 games I've had bets in today have seen red cards. That's 4 out of 6

Players getting sent off so readily now is continuing to massively influence gambling. It's probable something will have to be done about it at some point.

I kid you not.

4 of the 6 games I've had bets in today have seen red cards. That's 4 out of 6

Players getting sent off so readily now is continuing to massively influence gambling. It's probable something will have to be done about it at some point.

Bet on the card markets, if you can't beat them join them.

I'm seriously thinking of creating a football database application with the European and World Domestic leagues and cups along with Internationals with the intentions of using it for betting research It would hold the current and previous 1 or 2 season stats, (along with special betting stats) I know there are websites out there but they are slow/laggy and it takes an age to do any research without getting pissed off.

Along with the application I think a private website would also be beneficial.

If anyones interested in going in with me let me know, or is there something already out there?

I'm seriously thinking of creating a football database application with the European and World Domestic leagues and cups along with Internationals with the intentions of using it for betting research It would hold the current and previous 1 or 2 season stats, (along with special betting stats) I know there are websites out there but they are slow/laggy and it takes an age to do any research without getting pissed off.

Along with the application I think a private website would also be beneficial.

If anyones interested in going in with me let me know, or is there something already out there?

I've asked for links to form sites before as I struggle to find a decent one.

I've been given a couple of links but never got on with them.

The one I mainly use is soccervista.com but it's not the best and their 'tips'/advised bets have pretty poor success rate imo even though the selections should win.

That said I have the option to follow those tips/advice so ultimately it's my fault, and since the end of last season/start of this season imo you can chuck the form book out the window - it's not helping me one bit at the moment.

I've mentioned it in the past but never had the balls to do it, you're are probably better off using smaller stakes on outsiders.

Edited by Matt

I've asked for links to form sites before as I struggle to find a decent one.

I've been given a couple of links but never got on with them.

The one I mainly use is soccervista.com but it's not the best and their 'tips'/advised bets have pretty poor success rate imo even though the selections should win.

That said I have the option to follow those tips/advice so ultimately it's my fault, and since the end of last season/start of this season imo you can chuck the form book out the window - it's not helping me one bit at the moment.

I've mentioned it in the past but never had the balls to do it, you're are probably better off using smaller stakes on outsiders.

I know there are quite a few soccer stats sites out there but as stated they all seem to be slow/laggy and I find myself jumping from site to site till I come to an end conclusion, which takes quite a while.

I wouldn't want any tips as that is what I am looking for myself things to bet on which hold value.

And yes I agree smaller stakes on outsider/acc value bets, don't see any point backing favourites now. 2 favourite bets I have done this season for £200+ stakes have lost, while I must have won about 15/20   2/3/4 fold value bets with £20 max stakes.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest Col city fan

Out of interest do you do any research of just pluck random games and fancies for your bets?

I consider myself to be not a very lucky better mate.

I often do research... Eg. How many teams are free scoring, defensive records etc...

I tend to access all the divisions across the world but have a particular interest in the Aussie A league (there are nearly always lots of goals).

And I've found, pretty much, that you can win(or lose) just as easily on random bets as you can if you plan.

On football that is...its notoriously hard to predict due to so many variables involved, particularly refereeing decisions.

So every so often I chuck in a random one (small stakes, big margins) and hope for the best.

It's more fun than anything else. I rarely come in over a month with profit..but don't lose much either unless it's been particularly unlucky.

I've a mate who has made a living on pro gambling who always advises don't bet on football.. (He does the nags). Due to too many factors out of your control.

Had a treble yesterday that lost and was really unlucky to...

Kazakhstan v Holland - Holland win & BTTS

Iceland to beat Latvia

Belgium -3 at Andorra

Top one comes in in injury time, but Iceland throw away a two goal lead to Latvia, so it's dead early on. Belgium give away what was never a penalty and then miss one themselves. Can't believe my luck with Iceland. They've won nearly every single qualifying game, I've had them twice at home to Kazakhstan and Latvia and they've drawn both lol

However, all was made up for late on. Over 1.5 on Norway/Malta, Croatia/Bulgaria, Czechs/Turkey & Israel/Cyprus. The latter two were both goalless around the hour. Love over 1.5. Think I'm swerving it for the earlies today though. Every single one of them reeks of 1-0 or 0-0.