Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

England are 7/20 tomorrow. I might stick a fair bit on that. I was expecting about 1/5. Lithuania are dire.

You do get some value in the dead rubbers at times. Expect Vardy might have some fun against their defence. 

England are 7/20 tomorrow. I might stick a fair bit on that. I was expecting about 1/5. Lithuania are dire.

Weak England squad, freezing conditions, 3G pitch, nothing at stake.

SHOULD win, but its one of those "hmmmmm" bets that shouldnt make you sweat but might end up being uncomfortable

Guest LCFC_World

Over 1.5 in all the Euro games today 9/1.

Vardy anytime 13/8

Vardy FGS 5/1

Had ago on this, although Sky Bet isn't taking bets on San Marino to go over 1.5 so only got 7.50/1! Worth a few quid though, always get unlucky on the over 1.5s. Might stick a few £ on over 2.5 as well just in case.  :fc:  

Edited by LCFC_World

Weak England squad, freezing conditions, 3G pitch, nothing at stake.

SHOULD win, but its one of those "hmmmmm" bets that shouldnt make you sweat but might end up being uncomfortable

You say weak England squad but players like Shelvey and Vardy who have something to prove here against a side who start someone who's about 8th choice at Leicester.

I agree it isn't 100% but I'll be surprised if England don't win pretty comfortably tonight. They keep banging on about this 100% record too. I reckon 0-3.

Been so bored this morning that I have done a little bit of research to settle an argument with my mate down the pub the other day, who said if you backed every favourite in horse racing you would eventually be in profit.

Having looked at the last 5 days results across the UK and Ireland I found that if you blindly backed the fave at sp with a £10 level stake you would be £145.03 down.

Being the saddo that I am, I split the results down into categories to see if there was any time it worked. The only category which turned a profit (£104.10) was the jumps in the UK (excluding Ireland.) If you're into the exchanges the best races to lay are UK all weather races with fave backers losing over £150 from a level £10 stake over the course of the 5 days.

Going to keep a tabs on it this week to see if the patterns continue, and if so might invest a bit of cash to see if I can turn a profit through backing and laying.

Been so bored this morning that I have done a little bit of research to settle an argument with my mate down the pub the other day, who said if you backed every favourite in horse racing you would eventually be in profit.

Having looked at the last 5 days results across the UK and Ireland I found that if you blindly backed the fave at sp with a £10 level stake you would be £145.03 down.

Being the saddo that I am, I split the results down into categories to see if there was any time it worked. The only category which turned a profit (£104.10) was the jumps in the UK (excluding Ireland.) If you're into the exchanges the best races to lay are UK all weather races with fave backers losing over £150 from a level £10 stake over the course of the 5 days.

Going to keep a tabs on it this week to see if the patterns continue, and if so might invest a bit of cash to see if I can turn a profit through backing and laying.

All weather Horse Racing is only one step up from Greyhound racing, it's the kind of thing unless you know something just back the one you like the name of with small change, it's rotten to the core.

Been having a look at the fixtures for Saturday in the Prem.

Now is it just me or is Man City (home to Bournemouth) and Arsenal (away to Watford) double at EVENS extremely good value?

Obviously City will be without Aguero and Silva but surely will still have way too much for a Bournemouth side who have big injury problems themselves.

And Arsenal look in unstoppable form, having recently rolled over both us and Man Utd.

Just wanted to see other peoples opinions before I wack £20 on the double

Now is it just me or is Man City (home to Bournemouth) and Arsenal (away to Watford) double at EVENS extremely good value?

Obviously City will be without Aguero and Silva but surely will still have way too much for a Bournemouth side who have big injury problems themselves.

And Arsenal look in unstoppable form, having recently rolled over both us and Man Utd.

Looks good on paper but unfortunately its played on grass :(

That is a good value definitely. I would go for it. 

Man city has to be a cert even with their injury problems they will have enough, espescially at home.

Arsenal should win but away to Watford there could easily be an upset but highly unlikely.

I would go with what you think i.e the double should be all good.

I would probably go for the single Man City -1 or -2 which should generate the same odds as the double or higher.

Edited by whoareyaaa

spain looking tempting tonight? 8/5 @ ukraine. already through yeah but looks pretty big.

Reasons for odds?

Spain resting a few against a Ukraine team desperate for a win?

Not sure about that one.

Man City 4/11 has stunned me. Don't get me wrong they aren't huge odds but I was expecting probably 1/6 for Bournemouth at home - and not just Bournemouth, Bournemouth who have even bigger injury problems than Man City. There are few bankers nowadays but this is as close to one I've seen at that price. I bet -1 is about evens as well which is just crazy given that Bournemouth are hardly renowned for their defending and Man City smashed 6 in last time out, though they are missing the main man there.

Arsenal really ought to win as well. Watford aren't that bad but we saw for ourselves how good Arsenal can be. Saying that Watford are harder to break down than we are.

spain looking tempting tonight? 8/5 @ ukraine. already through yeah but looks pretty big.

Not for me. Ukraine have everything to play for and Spain have nothing.

Nothing sad about it. You discover a winning formula and you could be absolutely giggling.

vardy & 0-3 @ 25/1. 

vardy score, vardy get booked & england have a penalty @ 40/1.

england score 2+, 8+ corners & 2+ bookings in the match @ 9/1. 

england to nil, switzerland, slovenia -2, slovakia & belarus @ nearly 10s. 

Where's the England one at 9/1 there scouse? Quite like that

they're all on the request specials or whatever they're called on skybet. often good fun when there's not much value or interest in much other selections at decent prices like tonight. landed a nice one @ 22/1 last international break after someone put it on here. it was 2+ lithuania bookings not total bookings, read it wrong. imagine they'll be the ones getting booked most anyway. 

England to score 2+ goals & win, 8 or more England corners and 20 or more Lithuania booking points 9/1