Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Ok so I can't buy a win at the minute, so I've decided to take a break for a while.

I have $1.77 left in my account the plan is to do similar to others in the $10 to $1000 an place a big favourite every day no matter how short the odds and see if I can claw anything back.

Any ideas for today, the first $1?

Putting it out there as my form has gone completely.

I was watching a game on skybet & a goal went in but they didn't update the betting options so I stuck £20 on the next goal. They've paid out too!

Similar thing happened to me with Betfair. I was watching an MLS game on Sky and had a bet on it. My team was winning so had a decent cashout offer but let it run. The other team scores after 80 mins but the cash out stayed the same so I cashed out before Betfair updated the score

right can we talk ruby walsh a sec. he is a great jockey and is obviously fortunate to ride some great horses. but the amount of times he/his horse either leaves the ground early or doesn't meet a stride and hits the last fence/hurdle of a race when clear in front must be a good 500 times more than any other jockey, ever? obviously most notably at cheltenham this year, but he did it again a few weeks back, he's just done it on a favourite there, he did it on UDS first time out last year IIRC. i wish he would stop doing it. 

Guest Col city fan

Ok so I can't buy a win at the minute, so I've decided to take a break for a while.

I have $1.77 left in my account the plan is to do similar to others in the $10 to $1000 an place a big favourite every day no matter how short the odds and see if I can claw anything back.

Any ideas for today, the first $1?

Putting it out there as my form has gone completely.

I'm in a similar situation Aus.

I generally bet small (c.2 quid a bet).

From about Mon to Sunday, I've had 12 seperate bets. Mix and match on btts, wins, over 1.5's.

Not a single one has come in.

I've researched, studied form etc..but been unlucky. I wonder what the odds would be of literally 0/12?

So I too am taking a break and then going to do the thing of betting on clear faves and seeing if I can build up that way.

Regarding where to start? Not sure really.... Probably next weekend on something or other.

I generally am an unlucky better. I do believe it's 75% luck and regarding betting, I don't have much.

The big let down this weekend was Brighton. Not scoring a single goal..but their have been plenty of others.

Edited by Col city fan

I'm going to seriously look into some of  these smaller leagues in Europe. There's some real value.

Look at this for example; http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/cyprus/first-division/

APOEL won 0-9 tonight and yet were still 1/3. I bet they were probably about 4/6 for -1, 8/5 for -2 etc... yet their last four games they've won 9-0, 6-0, 5-0 and 4-0. They've picked up 28 points from 10 games, scoring 38 goals. I bet they aren't in a unique situation either. I bet Croatia's another good one for this.

APOEL to win at home to AEL Limassol (they won 6-0) was the same odds as Arsenal to beat Everton lol

• Like 2

From my experience of Croatia I haven't seen many teams that hand out thrashings. The table last season suggests so with Dinamo Zagreb's insane GD but they lost to Rijeka yesterday which was their first league defeat since May 2014. Not usually much value in the odds either

Edited by Walkers

From my experience of Croatia I haven't seen many teams that hand out thrashings. The table last season suggests so with Dinamo Zagreb's insane GD but they lost to Rijeka yesterday which was their first league defeat since May 2014. Not usually much value in the odds either

Dinamo Zagreb was who I had in mind. I was thinking obvious one horse race leagues. Maybe even leagues like Kazakhstan (who have CL group stage representation this year) might be worth a look.

APOEL look pretty much a banker in nearly every game they play. They're ridiculous scores.

I use Betfair and don't have the Cypriot league, not in its own sub menu anyway.

This season Ferencvaros, Olympiakos and Crvena Zvezda (or Red Star Belgrade to most) are running away with their leagues, Olympiakos is hardly surprising ofc. Red Bull Salzburg are usually safe, Sparta Prague, Dinamo, Rosenborg Shakhtar/Dynamo Kiev/Dnipro, Bate Borisov of Belarus, Nomme Kaiju (sp)/Levadia Tallinn/Flora Tallinn of Estonia are pretty much in a different league to the rest in that division, Dundalk. Trencin of Slovakia have been quite reliable for me also with fairly decent odds.

I really enjoy betting on Brazilian football, such good value. Often seen Corinthians who are quite comfortably top of the league at 2/1 to win away at lower-mid table clubs. Swedish football has been good to me also but that ends next week (unless they have that daft league split thing)

Had a chunky bet (495 quid) on Baltimore +10 tonight at 10/11 v Arizona in the NFL

Lost by 8 so winning bet ding ding.

Quite like us in the draw no bet market tonight. 

Do any of your bets like this ever come in?

the start of this season yeah smashed loads of first scorers/anytime scorers. had riyad first two games, had nugent three or four times and won twice, usually good prices too. had suarez second and third scorer in play on the weekend as my most recent scorer win. only ever put like a few quid maybe a fiver if the odds are less than about 6/1 on players that i like, no real system to it. i've missed the jamie vardy boat quite a bit this year though, keep thinking nah he ain't gonna do it again but he does lol

goin andy king mental tonight like. kingy first, kingy last, kingy anytime, kingy/leicester, kingy/3-1 couple quid on each. king first, leicester 3-1 was 180/1 i think :D 

my most famous day of this kinda bet was when falcao was the world's best player and i had him first, anytime, last, 2+ & score a hat trick (@ 70/1) in the super cup vs chelsea and they all came in except last goal. won like 250 quid off a few quid and two quid bets. that was a few months after the same load of bets in the uefa cup final and he bagged twice as well. he was a hero that year. 

loads lose (obviously) but when the prices are usually 8/1-16/1 for a fgs and anything up to aba 100/1 for a hat trick or scorecast all you need is one of the latter or two or three of the first scorers over a whole season to make them worthwhile as well as fun. 

the start of this season yeah smashed loads of first scorers/anytime scorers. had riyad first two games, had nugent three or four times and won twice, usually good prices too. had suarez second and third scorer in play on the weekend as my most recent scorer win. only ever put like a few quid maybe a fiver if the odds are less than about 6/1 on players that i like, no real system to it. i've missed the jamie vardy boat quite a bit this year though, keep thinking nah he ain't gonna do it again but he does lol

goin andy king mental tonight like. kingy first, kingy last, kingy anytime, kingy/leicester, kingy/3-1 couple quid on each. king first, leicester 3-1 was 180/1 i think :D

my most famous day of this kinda bet was when falcao was the world's best player and i had him first, anytime, last, 2+ & score a hat trick (@ 70/1) in the super cup vs chelsea and they all came in except last goal. won like 250 quid off a few quid and two quid bets. that was a few months after the same load of bets in the uefa cup final and he bagged twice as well. he was a hero that year. 

loads lose (obviously) but when the prices are usually 8/1-16/1 for a fgs and anything up to aba 100/1 for a hat trick or scorecast all you need is one of the latter or two or three of the first scorers over a whole season to make them worthwhile as well as fun. 

Haha fair play, normally when Croatia play you back Kramaric first, last, kramaric no own goal, kramaric to do a fist pump celebration etc so I just wondered :D

And I think you had Mahrez player of the tournament for the world cup as well lol