Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Bet 8 Verona v Draw or Fiorentina to return £103.06

Wins.

Bet 9 was Seattle or Draw v LA Galaxy which returned £137.41.

Back to where I was last time now pretty much...might take the £30 quid or so off just to cover the original £10.

Edited by archerm

Guest Col city fan

Wins.

Bet 9 was Seattle or Draw v LA Galaxy which returned £137.41.

Back to where I was last time now pretty much...might take the £30 quid or so off just to cover the original £10.

Well done here mate!

Make sure the next one is pretty much a banker (if there is such a thing)

Guest Col city fan

It is.

Shanetko..are you a pro gambler? You're stakes are big bucks man!

Bet 10 Galatasaray v Eskisehirspor (Draw No Bet)

£137.41 returns £153.90

Looking safe again mate..

What's your biggest ever win? Best ever week?

Biggest ever win wasn't a shrewd bet it was just a mug cricket/snooker acca in 2007. Won £20k. Have won 5 figures several times though. Won nearly £40k in a week in early 2014.

For balance I have also lost £30k in less than 48 hours before. And £10k in 1 cricket match. 

Had enough to buy a house in cash 18 months ago. Now making enough to cover costs is a struggle. 

If I had good discipline I think I'd be retired by now. As it turns out I don't and I'm just scratching around. 

Biggest ever win wasn't a shrewd bet it was just a mug cricket/snooker acca in 2007. Won £20k. Have won 5 figures several times though. Won nearly £40k in a week in early 2014.

For balance I have also lost £30k in less than 48 hours before. And £10k in 1 cricket match.

Had enough to buy a house in cash 18 months ago. Now making enough to cover costs is a struggle.

If I had good discipline I think I'd be retired by now. As it turns out I don't and I'm just scratching around.

Wow, big numbers. Do you have a job at all, or literally just a gambler? I've always thought aiming for £100 profit per day (big stakes on very short odds) would be a good way to do it.

Wow, big numbers. Do you have a job at all, or literally just a gambler? I've always thought aiming for £100 profit per day (big stakes on very short odds) would be a good way to do it.

No job any more. Used to work as a trader/compiler for a couple of big betting firms. One was based in Channel Islands, the other up North. Got depressed with work and asked for a sabbatical which was refused so I jacked job in to take a career break/sabbatical - had a good start betting wise and didnt look back at the time. I struggle mentally with the swings and often crave stability in my life. Genuinely concerned I'd struggle to get back into a proper working environment. 

Never had any set plan like that. Just started with a betting bank and would bet a certain % of it based on confidence and how much bookie in question would let me have on, or whatever I deemed suitable if it's on exchange. Aimed to make 2k a month to start with and these days I'm just happy to cover living expenses. In the early days I used to buy a lot of peoples betting identities because I can't really get on properly in my own name but people are hard work and in the main untrustworthy so that had some drawbacks.

It's not an exciting life really. I have a lot of freedom in terms of not having to get up for work at a certain time or get downtrodden by a boss but it has plenty of drawbacks. There's no financial security or fail safe. Technically I could go completely skint at any time if I'm not careful. People often either look down their nose at me or accuse me of lying when I tell them what I do. Nobody seems to take me seriously in life. Incredible amount of jealousy about too which is odd given I hate my life mostly.

It's definitely not a permanent existence.