Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I fancy Spain, think it's about time they won something, and think this will be their year!

My thinking aswell, they are about due.

I was going to bet them anyway. Might put a few quid on an outsider with odds of 15/1 +

Is that because I had mentioned it and my form has been shocking of late!! lol

Haha! No, I went against it because I thought it would be too good to be true for it to win both the English and Irish Guineas. It absolutely pissed it as well. Quality horse. I shall be backing it for the Derby if it runs and no doubt it will be a step too far for Henry, but can't make the same mistake again.

What you fancying for the Oaks and the Derby? Only a couple of weeks away ain't they?

England to beat USA 4-0 £3 @ 18/1.

I admire your optimism. USA have scored in each of their last 6 matches though. 4/5 for them to score against us.

EDIT: and did you mean 28/1? Because that's what I've seen it chalked up at.

Edited by Number 6

As a completely random side note, why do bookies offer odds as to who is going to kick off? It is basically betting on the toss of a coin, which sounds pretty stupid, but they always split it 2.05 and 1.95. So if you bet on the 2.05 every time, you should, in theory, be guaranteed a profit. The only way it can benefit bookies is if people take them up on the 1.95, but why would anyone do that?

USA 9/1 on betfair... Value.

10/1 now.

The only thing that annoys me with Betfair is minimum stake is 2 pound, I mean 2 pound your not exactly going to miss but I normally like having a few 1 pound bets and having more options open, I even like 50p bets :blush:

The tight fooker I am! :giggle:

Haha! No, I went against it because I thought it would be too good to be true for it to win both the English and Irish Guineas. It absolutely pissed it as well. Quality horse. I shall be backing it for the Derby if it runs and no doubt it will be a step too far for Henry, but can't make the same mistake again.

What you fancying for the Oaks and the Derby? Only a couple of weeks away ain't they?

Yes has to be Henry for me for the Derby, different class.

The Oaks i'm not keen on, I'm not keen on backing fillies. If my money was to go on any it would be a lay of the favourite or a small back of Katiyra.

P.S. Cape Amber is a Big Drifer

Good start to my Tennis betting for the summer.

Had three 4 folds total stakes £20 and returned over £70 quid.

All 6 favs currently on the laddies website for tomorrow pays 6/4. OK the odds aren't great but at this stage of a grand slam tournament it's not often that many of the top players are defeated.

I admire your optimism. USA have scored in each of their last 6 matches though. 4/5 for them to score against us.

EDIT: and did you mean 28/1? Because that's what I've seen it chalked up at.

I like to have a long shot now and again, its lovely when they come up :D

And was deffo 18/1 bloody rip off Betfred, nevermind lost anyway.

From Bentleys

I am getting insider reports from betting shops of shedloads of money going on Gregory and Kevin Bond for the Leicester job.

Anyone spot the old Pompey connections?

From Bentleys

Can't see that being true, not about the names mentioned, but the fact there is stacks being put on the actual market.

Reason I say that is I used to compile odds and control the liabilities for Manny Bernstein bookmakers before it was sold and I was made redundant, and I compiled the odds for next Leicester manager before Craig Levein Got the Job, after Levein was sacked and after Kelly was sacked, odds were published at the time in the Leicester Mercury and I delibrately had prices above other bookmakers to take money on the betting, I think we had taken £50.

Odds I compiled for Championship betting can't remember season 2 years ago i think

Our odds on relegation a cpl of seasons ago....I can't believe I thought Stefan Moore would do a job lol