Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

NEC to beat FC Twente @ 21/20 looks like value tonight.

NEC are unbeaten at home since August last year, losing 2-0 to league leaders Ajax. Twente haven't won away in the Eredivisie since May!

DNB or double chance looks like an absolute banker.

Looks like a safe bet.

won a few singles already today and one double so thats the way forward from here on in.

Do you use cash out, Dan?

How the game went yesterday, it looked like there'd be more goals. I think I'd have gotten out at 3-1 up.

I'm out at that time and the signal's pretty shit at the pub so I just left it. Even at 3-1 I didn't feel confident. Last time I touch Norwich. You've got to be a special level of shit to be 3-1 up & pull back to 4-4 at home to this Liverpool side and still leave the game empty handed.

NEC are unbeaten at home since August last year, losing 2-0 to league leaders Ajax. Twente haven't won away in the Eredivisie since May!

Thanks for the tip!! Nice little amount made in a double with AZ

Copa Del Ray tomorrow.

Anyone going for a Sevilla & Valencia double? 4.5 odds on betfair.

Only concern is Valencia, but Las Palmas are 18th in La Liga?? Somethings telling me to stay clear of Valencia but they are decent odds...

Edited by foxes21

This looked like losing because Twente looked to have the best of the chances and had more of the ball, until an NEC player floated a Drinkwater-esque ball over the top to their striker!

That took my rolling acca up to £39.67, which is going on Djokovic v Federer Over 3.5 sets @ 8/15. Can't see either of them winning in straight sets.

Managed to turn £10 into £70 yesterday on singles and doubles.

cheers for the NEC tip had them in a double with AZ, also had Barca and Man city BTTS & Win, Barca, Man City, PSG treble, Serina 1st set and win match, plus a few other singles.

Edited by whoareyaaa

I tend to use OLBG.com as a starting point, then do a bit of my own research.

My luck on the horses is pretty much non-existant so I usually steer well clear.

cheers, I have never really betted on the horses as I just don't know what Im looking for, but I know a couple of people that have regular wins and make a decent profit.

Is it similar to betting on the football or are there more pitfalls?

nice shot on the tennis.

got two doubles running both 1-0 up at the minute. £15 returns £36

cheers, I have never really betted on the horses as I just don't know what Im looking for, but I know a couple of people that have regular wins and make a decent profit.

Is it similar to betting on the football or are there more pitfalls?

nice shot on the tennis.

got two doubles running both 1-0 up at the minute. £15 returns £36

if you just back singles on the horses then I'd say be prepared to lose more often than backing singles on the football, purely because there's probably gonna be 8 horses (sometimes upto 15/16) in a race whereas there's only 3 outcomes in a football match.

However you could lose on 5 races on a card but then back the 8/1 winner in the last and have a comfortable profit. Whereas with football it's rare (unless you're a complete genius or it's a complete fluke) that you'd back a winner in a single with a price much bigger than about 3/1.

There's more that you "can't legislate" for too on horses. Read up on all the form you want, back all the bankers you want but if your horse gets bored and wanders towards the stables half way round and dumps your jockey on the ground then that's that. They're animals after all lol.

I think it's much more fun to bet on horses, more of an instant buzz, more of a thrill as your horse swoops late on etc. But obviously there's usually at least 20 horse races a day, all within ten mins of the last one you lost, so if you get on a losing streak it goes much more quickly downhill than football where you might still be clinging onto hope @ 2-0 down at half time.

At the end of the day, if you are doing it for fun then it can be fun. If you aren't sure what you're talking about then don't get massively stuck in because it'll probably all go wrong.

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 1

Few teams i fancy that are around evens or just over this week.

Bournemouth at Forest

Leeds at Bolton

Reading home to Walsall

Huddersfield home to Cardiff

Spurs/Arsenal double v Colester/Burnley

Sheff Weds at Shrewsbury

Swindon v Barnsley screams about 4,5 or 6 goals as well.

Going round in circles with my betting. For the last couple of months I have had between 75-125 in my betting account. Every time I look like dipping below I win to top it back up. My bets are largely footy and horses related, but with darts, tennis and golf chucked in the mix too. Basically every sport I enjoy watching I have a bet on.

if you just back singles on the horses then I'd say be prepared to lose more often than backing singles on the football, purely because there's probably gonna be 8 horses (sometimes upto 15/16) in a race whereas there's only 3 outcomes in a football match.

However you could lose on 5 races on a card but then back the 8/1 winner in the last and have a comfortable profit. Whereas with football it's rare (unless you're a complete genius or it's a complete fluke) that you'd back a winner in a single with a price much bigger than about 3/1.

There's more that you "can't legislate" for too on horses. Read up on all the form you want, back all the bankers you want but if your horse gets bored and wanders towards the stables half way round and dumps your jockey on the ground then that's that. They're animals after all lol.

I think it's much more fun to bet on horses, more of an instant buzz, more of a thrill as your horse swoops late on etc. But obviously there's usually at least 20 horse races a day, all within ten mins of the last one you lost, so if you get on a losing streak it goes much more quickly downhill than football where you might still be clinging onto hope @ 2-0 down at half time.

At the end of the day, if you are doing it for fun then it can be fun. If you aren't sure what you're talking about then don't get massively stuck in because it'll probably all go wrong.

Sound advice mate probably going to steer clear after reading that I dont think its for me.

Valencia and Sevila double last night made a decent profit.

Duno what to have the fa cup game today.

Can someone explain how, in the Man U vs Derby match tonight, the odds for 0-0 at HT are 13/8 but a draw HT result and both teams to not score is 8/5?

Surely if it's a draw at HT and both teams haven't scored, it's 0-0! Not much of a difference but still...

Edited by duk3nuk3m

Can someone explain how, in the Man U vs Derby match tonight, the odds for 0-0 at HT are 13/8 but a draw HT result and both teams to not score is 8/5?

Surely if it's a draw at HT and both teams haven't scored, it's 0-0! Not much of a difference but still...

this happens every now and then with markets that, as you say, are technically the same outcome but in different markets. with such a small difference i imagine its just the way the two different books are balanced by the odds compiler, as there are more outcomes in a correct score than in a result/btts market. 

like i said it doesn't happen much, and when it does to the average punter it makes basically no difference (£20 @ 13/8 and £20 @ 8/5 is a difference of 50p). 

Eibar 29/20 at home to Malaga. Eibar are 6th and Malaga do tend to struggle away from home. Might have that, the Man Utd corners bet and Rotherham in a treble. Rotherham 5/4 at home to Charlton, and whilst Rotherham aren't exactly great, they did beat Bolton 4-0 and I'd argue in terms of the actual football Charlton are even worse than Bolton are.

this happens every now and then with markets that, as you say, are technically the same outcome but in different markets. with such a small difference i imagine its just the way the two different books are balanced by the odds compiler, as there are more outcomes in a correct score than in a result/btts market.

like i said it doesn't happen much, and when it does to the average punter it makes basically no difference (£20 @ 13/8 and £20 @ 8/5 is a difference of 50p).

Thanks for explaining Scouse.

Safest bet tonight is probably Man U to win on corners. Should dominate possession and force a few corners over the game. 8/13.

The pressure's on, I've had this in the next leg of my rolling acca!