Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan

Betting on football can be summarised in this afternoons stats of Everton v West Brom.

Everton have had 26 shots off target, 5 on

132 dangerous attacks and nearly all the game...

and it's 0-1!

and in other news..Derby dominate the match. .and lose 0-1 to MK Dons...

Edited by Col city fan

Betting on football can be summarised in this afternoons stats of Everton v West Brom.

Everton have had 26 shots off target, 5 on

132 dangerous attacks and nearly all the game...

and it's 0-1!

and in other news..Derby dominate the match. .and lose 0-1 to MK Dons...

That's clearly a meangingless stat then. The idea that a team would have 1.5 attacks 'normal' attacks per minute is ridiculous enough, it's beyond laughable to suggest that they'd all be close to goal.

The bookies are trying to con you. Ignore them. Shots, corners and match reports are the things you should look at.

Guest Col city fan

That's clearly a meangingless stat then. The idea that a team would have 1.5 attacks 'normal' attacks per minute is ridiculous enough, it's beyond laughable to suggest that they'd all be close to goal.

The bookies are trying to con you. Ignore them. Shots, corners and match reports are the things you should look at.

I'm fully expecting the pundits on MOTD tonight to be saying words like 'We have no idea how Everton lost that game'. I guess we'll see

To be honest I think all stats are meaningless, its only the score that matters at the end of the day. I backed Everton, don't think the bookies will care a jot that West From had one shot on target and win.

Betting on football is becoming more and more of a minefield because less home teams are winning matches week after week, I've been looking at scores for weeks now and barely any home teams are winning, home wins used to be the 1st thing I looked at on a coupon, now you can't pick any team with confidence, eg Everton today.

Guest Col city fan

To be honest I think all stats are meaningless, its only the score that matters at the end of the day. I backed Everton, don't think the bookies will care a jot that West From had one shot on target and win.

Betting on football is becoming more and more of a minefield because less home teams are winning matches week after week, I've been looking at scores for weeks now and barely any home teams are winning, home wins used to be the 1st thing I looked at on a coupon, now you can't pick any team with confidence, eg Everton today.

I think thats a Premiership thing. This season, you cannot predict the top sides to beat the bottom sides (except us so far...lol). It's so competitive, which is great for the neutral, but rubbish for betting.

That's still not so true across Europe where Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern etc..you can still pretty much back to win very very often.

Guest Col city fan

I think thats a Premiership thing. This season, you cannot predict the top sides to beat the bottom sides (except us so far...lol). It's so competitive, which is great for the neutral, but rubbish for betting.

That's still not so true across Europe where Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern etc..you can still pretty much back to win very very often.

Yeah im mainly looking at the top 4 leagues in england, there are so few home wins in English football this season.

Guest Col city fan

Oh dear, I was one of the mugs who looked at the big odds for Newcastle and thought I'd have a little go..see what happens, type thing. I wish I fookin hadn't bothered. .