Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Yeah that was a dodgy one but even so you'd have still fancied them to win. Will be avoiding their games like the plague if today's anything to go by.

8/15 on them to make the semis of the Champions League is fairly good value though surely. Absolutely certain they'll win that over two legs.

Would money on Brentford to go down be silly? 40/1 is a big price for a team in absolute freefall. They're only about six clear as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Yeah that was a dodgy one but even so you'd have still fancied them to win. Will be avoiding their games like the plague if today's anything to go by.

8/15 on them to make the semis of the Champions League is fairly good value though surely. Absolutely certain they'll win that over two legs.

Would money on Brentford to go down be silly? 40/1 is a big price for a team in absolute freefall. They're only about six clear as well.

Just had a quick look at Brentford and their fixtures. I don't know if it is, but I assume their game in hand will be Bolton at home the Tuesday/Wednesday after next - which you assume they win. So say they and the sides below them all lose at the weekend, they win midweek. That's 9 clear of the drop and a game further down the line.

It's probably worth a couple of quid, as they have lost 10 of their last 13 championship games (11/14 if you include Walsall in the cup). But I don't see where the likes of Charlton, MK Dons & Fulham win enough games to overtake them (given the Bolton game moves them a further 3 clear). Rotherham you can, they're flying under Colin, and Bristol City too, but not the others.

Having a great time with the £10 to £1000 challenge.

Had £10 and got it up past £300 before a Verona header in last 5 mins made me cash out for £24. During this run I had withdrawn £50 along the way.

With said £24 now got this up to £445 but have withdrawn another £170 along the way.

So overall £10 has turned in to £220 in the bank and £445 in the bet 365 account. Nervous sum to be betting but I will try and get to the £1000 now I have banked at least some winnings.

Rule of thumb has been to back double chance bets or what should be absolute bankers. Today I had Braga and Dortmund...great odds for Dortmund.

Edited by archerm

Having a great time with the £10 to £1000 challenge.

Had £10 and got it up past £300 before a Verona header in last 5 mins made me cash out for £24. During this run I had withdrawn £25 along the way.

With said £24 now got this up to £445 but have withdrawn another £85 along the way.

So overall £10 has turned in to £110 in the bank and £445 in the bet 365 account. Nervous sum to be betting but I will try and get to the £1000 now I have banked at least some winnings.

Rule of thumb has been to back double chance bets or what should be absolute bankers. Today I had Braga and Dortmund...great odds for Dortmund.

Thats good going, do you mainly do singles or doubles as well?

Thats good going, do you mainly do singles or doubles as well?

Generally I go for either double chance or I will back strong favourites in poor quality leagues. For example you can normally get odds of around 1.30 for Porto, Braga, Benfica etc to beat the dross in their leagues. Commonly they win these games at an absolute canter and these are my favourite bets to be making. I make the odd inplay bet when it seems very good value. For example now and again I'll see teams 2-0 up on 80mins with a possible 10% return rate.

As you will see from below I do take the odd risk but it is normally based on form and statistics. For example when West Ham played Utd they were in great form whilst their opponents had struggled badly in their last two games. Now and again great value presents itself such as Dortmund.

This is my most recent string of bets having had to cash out at just below £24 when I got stung by a last minute header.

£23.93 Man Utd v West Ham or draw @ 1.83 - returned £43.88 (Generally quite comfortable with West Ham taking lead and Utd equaliaing late on. Both happy with a draw)

£43.88 Las Palmas v Real Madrid @ 1.40 - returned £61.44 (Late equaliser by Las Palmas but Real Scored at the death...nearly busted here)

£61.44 Lazio (In play) v Atalanta @ 1.12 - returned £69.12 (Bet on when at 1-0, Lazio had all the ball and Atalanta looked hopeless, ended 2-0)

£69.12 Leicester v Newcastle @ 1.57 - returned £108.62 (Aisde from being a city fan stats show this should have been a banker, great odds and it ended 1-0)

£108.62 Paris FC v Metz or draw @ 1.40  - returned £152.07 (Paris FC had 1 win in 30 league games and Metz in form, great odds and Metz won 1-2)

£152.07 Dag & Red v Accrington Stanley or Draw @ 1.20 - returned £182.49 (Similar to above Dag & Red were woeful, Accy won this 0-1)

£182.49 Swansea or Draw v Villa @ 1.14 - returned £208.56 (Swansea played dreadful but still won 1-0)

£208.56 Victoria v Porto @ 1.33 - returned £278.08 (comfy 0-1 win scored just before HT)

£278.08 Augsburg v Dortmund @ 1.55 returned £431.03 (terrible first half by Dortmund saw them 1-0 down and 1-1 at HT. They easilu won 1-3 in the end)

£431.03 Braga v Uniao Madiera @ 1.28 returned £554.19 (Withdrew £150) (2-0 win, watched the game it was so easy)

£404.19 LA Clippers v NO Pelicans (in play) @ 1.23 returned £465.62 -cash out in play (Withdrew £20) (They were ten up in last quarter but the gap started to close loads at the end so I cashed out..Pelicans ended up winning)

£445.62 - awaiting next bet

Edited by archerm

Guest Col city fan

Got up to 509 yesterday on Freiberg or draw v Karlsruhe @ 1.14.

Withdrew 30 quid

479 now on red star Belgrade to return 670.99 @ 1.40

Crikey..479 in one go...

Good luck mate

Got up to 509 yesterday on Freiberg or draw v Karlsruhe @ 1.14.

Withdrew 30 quid

479 now on red star Belgrade to return 670.99 @ 1.40

Fair play mate, serious bottle to stick all of that on and not just withdraw the lot.

After reading how you went about doing it, I have started to give it a go, and so far up to £28 haha as I had £1.19 to round up in my account. Also went Freiburg or draw yesterday amongst a few other silly priced certs , with an Egyptian cup game to follow shortly.

If that continues then looking at Kettering outright tonight?

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Guest Col city fan

I can't knock that. That's the way you do it. All about when to stop though really.

Exactly. When do you stop? lol

I guess how he's doing it is fine though. Withdrawing bits and bobs over time so as to not have lost it all when a fixture finally let's him down.

Red Star won 4-0 so the fund went up to £671. I have withdrawn £150.

£521 on Carrick Rangers v Crusaders @ 1.16 to return £607.83

I think it would be too much for me not to have skimmed money off. Even if I lose now I have made £400..well £390 taking away the original stake.

Crusaders beat Carrick away only a few days ago 0-4 and they beat them 5-0 earlier in the season. I have purely placed this bet on stats.

Exactly. When do you stop? lol
I guess how he's doing it is fine though. Withdrawing bits and bobs over time so as to not have lost it all when a fixture finally let's him down.

Stop when hit £1000 in the account, then it is challenge complete. Irony is if I had not of been withdrawing as I went along I would have passed £1000 already!

Edited by archerm

Guest Col city fan

Red Star won 4-0 so the fund went up to £671. I have withdrawn £150.

£521 on Carrick Rangers v Crusaders @ 1.16 to return £607.83

I think it would be too much for me not to have skimmed money off. Even if I lose now I have made £400..well £390 taking away the original stake.

Crusaders beat Carrick away only a few days ago 0-4 and they beat them 5-0 earlier in the season. I have purely placed this bet on stats.

Stop when hit £1000 in the account, then it is challenge complete. Irony is if I had not of been withdrawing as I went along I would have passed £1000 already!

You're doing amazingly mate. Good for you son. Very impressive.

Guest Col city fan

Well it had to stop and it has! Despite odds of 1.16 in a crazy 34 mins Crusaders were 3-0 down so I cashed out for £46.

How much did you put on Crusaders mate?