Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

How can it be done?

Tomorrow when im not so tipsy :)

Ill look into the poker sites, however, i would be up for having a leicester races, poker night and few beers somewhere!? end up aviary :D

Edited by fox123

Ill look into the poker sites, however, i would be up for having a leicester races, poker night and few beers somewhere!? end up aviary :D

Greyhounds would be easier? Then back to some gaff for poker? Good shout.

You are full of great ideas!! This has gotta be done at some point.

Have you ever tried writing your bets down...form a diary, I did this for a year looked at betting patterns and markets I was interested in...compiled spread sheets for each sport, and then looked at where i was most consistant, then in the 2nd year i started to look at the market i was most consistant at, seemed to be dogs for some reason....

I started in my account with £10, got up to £1200 just by betting minimum of 25p maximum £5 have to be strict and patient but it can be done.

Just made a spreadsheet, doesn't make for pleasant reading though! lol:P

I'm going for the strict and patient approach now like you say, I trust you. ;)

For anybody that wants it, here's a betting spreadsheet I made complete with formulae etc.

Here

Enjoy. :thumbup:

I like the idea, but you need to also include the price's you are taking, this is important because if you are backing a favourite everytime then you wont see a pattern, but if you are backing various prices you will see what odds to look for...

So for example....

The meeting is York, you are back horse number 4 running in the 7th stall at odds of 7/1 the horse finishes 3rd

there is so much involved...so what you need to have on your spread sheet for horses is......

Time of race, Track, Distance of race, Sex of horse, Age of horse, Weight, Stall running from, form (last 3 races) Time of finish,

Then if you can try find the race times of that race for the previous 3 seasons, if the time has been beaten, and how the horse has done during the season prior to that particular race....

Betting is so disiplined and complex, and if you have the patients to look back at previous races, current form, and that bit of luck, you cn make alot of money!

God I don't have all the know-how for this like you but I'll give it a go anyway. To be honest I bet very little on the horses anyway, although it is something I'd like to look into getting into a bit more.

For some statistics about the horse's try going to Oddschecker then click on the odds of a horse, and it will bring the horse stats up for all it's races..example http://racing.sportinglife.com/Horse_Profi...,336267,00.html

I started writing my bets down this year too. Found that I'm best at betting on the darts, made big profits from them. It's good for things like the Euro's where you can cover ongoing bets a little.

EDIT: I'd be up for oker if I knew how to play. I want to learn. As a mathematician I feel I should be ok at it. In theory at least.

Edited by Number 6

Anyone got any tips for today they wanna share ? Need a win today

The tips weve been given.

15.25 York - Good Gorseen or something like that.

16.10 Bath - Parsons Punch

£5 Spain/Russia Double @ 2.74/1

The tips weve been given.

15.25 York - Good Gorseen or something like that.

16.10 Bath - Parsons Punch

£5 Spain/Russia Double @ 2.74/1

Cheers bud will have a few quid on the gee gees .

Got a fiver each way on russia to win it lol

Good Gorsoon is back up to 16/1. I took the price this morning at 14/1 like most people did last night :frusty:

And yes people...That does mean i've bet on it, and most probably it will lose. Sorry everyone :(

:@

I got 16/1 last night. Go me. :)