Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

A bet I used to do a lot was draw at half time. Its usually around even money. I bet a fair few games in this tournament so far have been a draw at half time. If you bet every game to be a draw at half time I'm sure u would be in profit so far.

Edit. Just checked and there's been 10 games so far and 5 games have been drawn at half time haha. So no money lost at least.

Edited by apple987

Used to love gambling, but whatever I won I would end up losing. And then losing all my money trying to win back the money I lost. And was a vicious cycle. Basically it's impossible for me to stop. Anyone else have these issues lol or has anyone found a way of stopping when winning?

I don't mind admitting that i used to have a problem. but i had to sort myself out as i was spending much more than i could afford to. i now only gamble online (Paddy Power only) and have set up a spend limit so i cant keep doing it. i never keep more than £10 in my PP account, anything i win above that amount i withdraw immediately. Its much more enjoyable as i don't find myself trying to claw back hundreds of pounds worth of losses.

Unfortunately, after losing yesterday, my gambling is finished for the rest of the tournament as i have reached my deposit limit for the month. Usually i would be disappointed about that, but i'm a few hundred up over the weekend so i can just sit back and enjoy the football for the next few weeks

I know! How much are you putting on each game may I ask? I'm assuming the odds on fewer than 2.5 goals are short?

I started the tournament £20 singles and £20 trebles for the 3 games per day. Then upped it to £50 a game after they started coming in. The treble was working out about 4/1 or a bit more but noticed the odds are reducing.

I started the tournament £20 singles and £20 trebles for the 3 games per day. Then upped it to £50 a game after they started coming in. The treble was working out about 6/1 or a bit more but noticed the odds are reducing.

tbf the earlier games had the potential for goals and the ones the last few days have had win to nil written all over them. today's the same. 

france england and wales are the teams who should have goals in their games, really. france should beat everyone in their group about 6-0 but looked pretty crap defensively in the opener. england seem intent on playing a lot of strikes and our best full backs are walker and rose. wales have bale at one end and james chester and liverpool's 17th choice keeper at the other. 

Used to love gambling, but whatever I won I would end up losing. And then losing all my money trying to win back the money I lost. And was a vicious cycle. Basically it's impossible for me to stop. Anyone else have these issues lol or has anyone found a way of stopping when winning?

Just don't do it, exclude yourself from all sites! I speak from experience. I used to be a really good Internet poker player, I won tournaments or cashed regularly, most of the time it was just a tenner entry into about 30 quid but sometimes I'd get first or second and win thousands. As soon as I won big I'd hit the cash tables and lose it all. As soon as you lose control, lose the fun, do it to win back losses or don't treat your winnings as real money you have a problem. It can get really ugly.

• Like 1

Stuck £5 on Rooney first goal and England win 3-1 at 60s.

Also a treble of England NI and Poland £5.43 on returns £388.24

I still cant see an option to put on a Last goalscorer scorecast on Bet 365 mobile app. I put them in separately and I cant seem to join them as a single bet. Don't suppose anybody knows if it can be done on the mobile app?

Stuck £5 on Rooney first goal and England win 3-1 at 60s.

Also a treble of England NI and Poland £5.43 on returns £388.24

I still cant see an option to put on a Last goalscorer scorecast on Bet 365 mobile app. I put them in separately and I cant seem to join them as a single bet. Don't suppose anybody knows if it can be done on the mobile app?

So close. Poland really should have beat Germany. Had the better chances. Better luck next time

My Euros betting record has been... well.. dreadful.

Mine isn't great either. Only ones that came in were McAuley top Northern Ireland scorer (dead heat rules) and Group F to have most goals thanks to Hungary 3-3 Portugal.

Feeling confident about my fiver on Poland to reach the semis at 6/1.

Apart from that, a bit shit as I'll only make a profit if Germany win the whole thing.

My Euros betting record has been... well.. dreadful.

Seriously Iv been had too many times. That last minute Russia goal cost me £360 and was just 1 corner away from £200 on a 100/1 request a bet. Fuming lol

pretty uninspiring but won £35 off a free roulette chip so had murray/serena for wimbledon @ 2/1 ish. 

not really sure where either of them losing judging by today's performances.