Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

pretty uninspiring but won £35 off a free roulette chip so had murray/serena for wimbledon @ 2/1 ish.

not really sure where either of them losing judging by today's performances.

just big andy for a straightforward win here. cmon son.

missed out on a £200+ treble by a nose today. nightmare.

Skybet going 7 places on the open.

Who's in with a shout. I'm not up to date on the golf. But past the top 4 odds open up to 25/1 and I have a free bet to use.

So Sergio?

Anyone got a tip or feeling.

Problem is with golf you can genuinely make a case for half the field. There's some thoughts in the golf thread on here.

Personally I'd be looking at Garcia, Scott and Sullivan. It's so hard to decide, particularly compared to the last major where I felt DJ out of everyone would win, it was just his time.

Of course he's won his last two starts, he can't be ignored.

The Open tends to throw up strange winners, so I'd throw Kjeldsen in there as a bit of an outsider.

four days in a row my horse accas got to the last leg (either treble of fourfold) and been beaten in a photo. mental. missed out on just under a grand by a combined distance of about a foot. torture.

Guest Col city fan

four days in a row my horse accas got to the last leg (either treble of fourfold) and been beaten in a photo. mental. missed out on just under a grand by a combined distance of about a foot. torture.

Ouch!

Had a few bets on the open:

Garcia (25/1)

F Molinari (100/1)

Sullivan (125/1)

Kjeldsen (175/1)

i'm on sullivan too. was on him in scotland last week and he fu cked it but played enough to show he's in decent nick. first round leader @ 66s too. 

furyk (66s) & monty (125/1) first round leader too. paddy paying 8 places. 

i'm on sullivan too. was on him in scotland last week and he fu cked it but played enough to show he's in decent nick. first round leader @ 66s too.

furyk (66s) & monty (125/1) first round leader too. paddy paying 8 places.

cor that was a really exciting half an hour or so when monty was bringing home the bacon lol.

I think I know a lot about golf, but I'm such a shit punter on it lol  lol

Went EW on Ramsey, Jiminez and Scott which will pay back next to fvck all probably :thumbup:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Right then guys, I've just turned 18 and am looking to do some casual betting... Which app/bookies is the best for less hard-core gamblers?

When I first started I used BetFred for about a year. Then moved to SkyBet and have used that the most.

Might be best to set yourself a limit on how much to spend a week or month if you're just starting out. Most bookies you can set a cap on how much you bet. 

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Cheers lads, I'm only looking to do a couple of accumulator bets a week really - nothing more than a fiver or so. Sky bet sounds good, I'll check it out!

Yeah if you're just looking for a few fun bets a week, sky bet are the ones for you.

Their requestabet markets for live games are great fun. 

Guest Col city fan
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 13:00, Devonfox1884 said:

Right then guys, I've just turned 18 and am looking to do some casual betting... Which app/bookies is the best for less hard-core gamblers?

Imo mate the best platform for online betting is Bet365. It's so easy to follow and gives you comprehensive in game stats. Big intro bonus too I think?

The odds aren't always the best...I like Betfair purely for good odds, but I love the 365 platform. 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Imo mate the best platform for online betting is Bet365. It's so easy to follow and gives you comprehensive in game stats. Big intro bonus too I think?

The odds aren't always the best...I like Betfair purely for good odds, but I love the 365 platform. 

Cheers Col, I'll check it out. So far, Sky Bet is the easiest to navigate etc... Of the ones I have looked at. :thumbup:

Don't use Stan James, they haven't been able to process withdrawals for a couple of weeks now. I'm still waiting on a payout from 10 days ago...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-3698079/Bank-tech-firm-Worldpay-forced-apologise-technical-glitch-blocks-millions-transactions.html

Edited by separator