Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Guest Col city fan
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 22:05, Dan LCFC said:

Viktoria Plzen v Ludogorets

Peterborough v Swansea

Millwall v Nottm Forest

£29 returned £117.

What is going on? This is past being silly now. It shouldn't happen.

What was that on? Btts?

Yeah it was Col. I can't tell if it's pure luck or if I'm playing this right, I have a few rules I stick to for BTTS...

- If the away team is stronger, it's likely to pay out. I'm not totally sure why that's the case, but I've been checking the results and it's actually true.

- Germany & Holland. I think I've gotten a bit lucky with Poland, looking at some of the results, but Germany & Holland are goals everywhere. In the Eredivisie this season there have been 31 games, and it's paid out for 21 of them. Germany's had good attacking and crap defending for years as well.

- Peterborough United. You know the drill with them. They've been like it for years. Other sides this season looking good for it at Barnsley, Millwall and if last weekend is anything to go by, Sevilla.

- The lower the standard of league, the higher the chance. For me this boils down to pressure. There is a lot less financially at stake for a lower league club in a one off game in a 46 game season than there is for a club who wants to stay in the Premier League, for example.

With all that, I've got these games this weekend which I fancy BTTS to come in for...

1. Chesterfield v Millwall

2. MK Dons v Peterborough

3. Cambridge v Luton

4. Frankfurt v Schalke (GER)

5. Eibar v Valencia (ESP)

6. Willem II v Roda JC (NED)

I've had a tenner on 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 in the bonus odds, which for a five fold is 16/1. I've then had £27ish on 2, 4 and 6 at the standard fixed odds of 3/1 for a treble.

Now I've gone into detail about it there'll be about two of them come in lol but I've stressed this before, the odds they give you, 3/1 for any three games, is mental, you do a bit of research and you're going to win more than one in four. I'd have to lose about 12 in a row for me to have balanced that out this season and that's assuming they're all 3/1, when a couple have been 11/2 or even as high as 9/1.

I'm getting a bit into this.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah it was Col. I can't tell if it's pure luck or if I'm playing this right, I have a few rules I stick to for BTTS...

- If the away team is stronger, it's likely to pay out. I'm not totally sure why that's the case, but I've been checking the results and it's actually true.

- Germany & Holland. I think I've gotten a bit lucky with Poland, looking at some of the results, but Germany & Holland are goals everywhere. In the Eredivisie this season there have been 31 games, and it's paid out for 21 of them. Germany's had good attacking and crap defending for years as well.

- Peterborough United. You know the drill with them. They've been like it for years. Other sides this season looking good for it at Barnsley, Millwall and if last weekend is anything to go by, Sevilla.

- The lower the standard of league, the higher the chance. For me this boils down to pressure. There is a lot less financially at stake for a lower league club in a one off game in a 46 game season than there is for a club who wants to stay in the Premier League, for example.

With all that, I've got these games this weekend which I fancy BTTS to come in for...

3. Cambridge v Luton

I've had a tenner on 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 in the bonus odds, which for a five fold is 16/1. I've then had £27ish on 2, 4 and 6 at the standard fixed odds of 3/1 for a treble.

Now I've gone into detail about it there'll be about two of them come in lol but I've stressed this before, the odds they give you, 3/1 for any three games, is mental, you do a bit of research and you're going to win more than one in four. I'd have to lose about 12 in a row for me to have balanced that out this season and that's assuming they're all 3/1, when a couple have been 11/2 or even as high as 9/1.

Cheers Dan.

Sounds good to me mate...

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

3. Cambridge v Luton

Research as in if they've scored in the past few games etc? I used to do that but nevee made a difference, I find sometimes like all betting it's just pot luck. Will try that bet today then cheers :D could do with some luck after paying for flights & accommodation these past few days. 

1 hour ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Research as in if they've scored in the past few games etc? I used to do that but nevee made a difference, I find sometimes like all betting it's just pot luck. Will try that bet today then cheers :D could do with some luck after paying for flights & accommodation these past few days. 

I literally just look at the for and against in each division then match up with who they are playing.

IE if A have scored 10 and conceded 10 I'll consider it but if they're playing B who are top of the division and rarely concede then it's not going on.

My biggest win came when I used to pick 8 (2 out of each professional division) and I've won the odd BTTS here and there in the meantime but I'm usually one/two goals off each week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Just if there's many goals in their games generally, the pattern of their games at home (if they're at home) etc...just things like that really. 

Like I say there's no guarantee it'll win. I'm still trying to work out if I'm getting lucky or if it makes logical sense for me to be winning, but my mates are doing them as well and they're mostly winning too with trebles etc... so I reckon it's a bit of both.

I just find Betfred massively overpriced for this. 3/1 on three games is mental.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Guest LCFC_World

Got a bet up yesterday. QPR, Fulham, Everton and Leicester in a 4 fold. Fulham with a 90th minute winner. Now in profit for this season so hopefully it can stay that way. Anyway, has any of you tried laying on Betfair? Considering it, but i'm just wondering if anyone has actually made some decent money from it?...