Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Had an optimistic bet earlier, 3 correct scores. £1 Patent + £3 treble, £10 total stake....

West Brom v Boro 0-0 WIN

City v West Ham 3-1 WIN

Monaco v PSG 1-2 ?

2 down 1 to go... already guaranteed £80 from the patent, PSG to win 2-1 for £2k+ :scarf:

EDIT : oh well, cheers Monaco. The £80 will do though.

Edited by separator

Guest Col city fan

Really took my time today over btts.

Looked at form, goals scored, goals conceded and did a bit of Dan's bet on the away team when they are the favourite thing.

One out of four combinations came in. One of the fixtures looked to be about the only fixture in two divisions where a single goal wasn't scored.

It's luck...I could literally have put a pin in a board and done better.

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This weekend is the worst for BTTS I've seen in a long time to be honest. Even Holland was drawing blanks. It happens. I maintain it'll win more than it loses.

I think the BTTS + win market is one of the best out there, particularly in games where the away team is stronger than the home team.

If you look up and down the leagues, quite a large proportion of games have both teams having scored at the final whistle.

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

I think the BTTS + win market is one of the best out there, particularly in games where the away team is stronger than the home team.

If you look up and down the leagues, quite a large proportion of games have both teams having scored at the final whistle.

In terms of price, you might be onto something, but I've always thought they're quite tough to call really.

I think it was you who said something about the away team being stronger increasing the chances of BTTS. Why is that?

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

In terms of price, you might be onto something, but I've always thought they're quite tough to call really.

I think it was you who said something about the away team being stronger increasing the chances of BTTS. Why is that?

Ive often thought that in the past and it does seem to hold true.

I think for me, usually the weaker team being at home, they usually have the crowd behind them, they are more likely to be a little more expressive going forward, and they usually have a chance of pinching a goal. I think this is particularly true of teams that play at the stereotypical "tough place to go to".

But in this example, id also always look at the stronger team to then have the quality to be able to score themselves. A couple of examples of this within this season for me would be Watford losing at home 1-2 and 1-3 to Chelsea and Arsenal. The away teams possess enough quality to eventually get on top, but you do fancy Watford as the home team can pinch a goal.

I think this is a more likely approach than picking two teams who score freely and assuming itll be a BTTS. It could be of course, but often, these games dont pan out that way. Think of an example like our home game with Palace last year. Two free scoring teams at the time, but neither manager wants to go into the game and make it a basketball game. It led to a cagey 1-0.

If you switch the teams around, big team at home and small team away, big team are likely to get the opening goal. And in doing so, this I think puts the heads of small team down. From there, the game is more likely to go to 2-0 to the big team, than small team hitting back, unless they have a lot of spirit and belief they can grab a goal.

Its not an exact science of course, but i do believe stronger team away is a good starting point.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

tenner on us (or whatever version of us it is) @ 11/2 later. their manager has basically said all he can without actually declaring he wants to lose. 

We are 11/2!?

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We are 11/2!?

yeah our u21s or reserves or development team or u23s or whatever the hell we're called. probably worth waiting for the respective teams but prices will change i'd guess. either way we're going to play some reserves and they're seemingly gonna play some reserves. 11/2 seems a bit big. 

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

365. most are 5/1 or 11/2 though. 

pretty much all the "u23" teams are massive outsiders. 4/1 - 7/1 kinda range. could be an interesting evening especially in play if 1 or 2 take the lead. 

Thanks Scouse. Definitely worth a little bet tonight at some of those odds!

Edited by Lcfc_lass10

btts in all the games with u23 sides playing could be decent like. promising, exciting youngsters bagging goals against league 2 defences, horrible, dave kitson/lee hughes lower league strikers bullying basically children defenders and bagging goals. no? plus nobody really cares so why not just try and score loads of goals. 

3 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

I'm waiting for Dan's BTTS. Hoping for better than Saturday :thumbup:

Saturday was quite funny. Tonight was just plain annoying. It's come in for most games tonight (although not as many as I thought) and I had 5 of my 6 teams scoring before the hour, was waiting on Northampton, goal in injury time at that game and Wycombe make it 0-3.