Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Just now, Col city fan said:

Wow..big bets going on there!

Not a chance that I'd normally do that sort of money, only if I've won big recently. I won on Saturday so technically I wouldn't of lost anything if it had lost. Finland were good odds pre-match. So I thought I'd watch the game, good job I did. Kosovo actually looked very good on the attack and as soon as Finland went 1-0 up I had to cash out. A Kosovo goal was coming since kick-off which is why I backed btts and deservably so they got it. 

Think I'll go back to betting just £10 a week now lol 

2 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Not a chance that I'd normally do that sort of money, only if I've won big recently. I won on Saturday so technically I wouldn't of lost anything if it had lost. Finland were good odds pre-match. So I thought I'd watch the game, good job I did. Kosovo actually looked very good on the attack and as soon as Finland went 1-0 up I had to cash out. A Kosovo goal was coming since kick-off which is why I backed btts and deservably so they got it. 

Think I'll go back to betting just £10 a week now lol 

Anyone found any bet on Leicester that gives odds something like the 5000-1 of last year?  I guess i'm talking at least a double - Prem and Euro Champs?

Edited by deep blue

On 4 September 2016 at 20:57, Dan LCFC said:

I wouldn't read TOO much into my games, I do think there's a bit of logic there (for example avoiding games like Slovakia v England which anyone with a brain knew would be low scoring) but the point is it probably pays out for 70% of games. To consider that you only have to win 1 in 4 on just three games to not lose money is incredible.

I've got £750 in my Betfred account which started out as a free tenner lol 

This is disgusting 

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol ****ing hell. Great work.

Its just criminal i didnt back this. You just get that feeling sometimes that goes against everything you know, but you just dont feel you can back it.

Huge egg on my face :(:(:(

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Its just criminal i didnt back this. You just get that feeling sometimes that goes against everything you know, but you just dont feel you can back it.

Huge egg on my face :(:(:(

even worse was that i did back it, but decided to chuck in portugal to win or draw..

haha didn't even know holland were playing tonight let alone losing. classic. 

pretty sure like 2012 they were amazing to bet on they won every game for fu cking ages then smashed up some of the world cup but last few years, bin. 

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bulgaria hahahahahahahaha I'm never ever putting good money on these kind of bets again.

San Marino, Andorra, Gibraltar.

The only 3 genuinely gash teams that you can expect to lose every game.

These smaller nations are like little terriers . If youre not careful, they can scupper a bet at silly odds

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

San Marino, Andorra, Gibraltar.

The only 3 genuinely gash teams that you can expect to lose every game.

These smaller nations are like little terriers . If youre not careful, they can scupper a bet at silly odds

I'm almost half tempted to start sticking the odd bit of money on teams like Luxembourg and Faroe Islands to not lose, and you are right, they are written off by the bookies still.

The problem with those sorts of bets is I go and make one and my team ends up 3 down after half hour.

I'm just gonna stick to BTTS and have results as a bit of a one-off every now and then.

Bulgaria have really had to work for that win.

The odd small stake at fairly big odds on a team like Kazakhstan not to lose isnt such a bad idea. Theyre really stubborn opponents, especially at home where teams visitng make that long trip.

Kosovo may genuinely be an ok side, and their pot doesnt reflect that. If the nation of Kosovo is capable of giving us footballers like Shaqiri, Xhaka for example who go on to play other nations, no reason they couldnt end a qualiying campaign on say...5 or 6 points. Quite reasonable

Edited by Donut

The problem is if Kosovo do get players like Shaqiri and Xhaka, they'll end up having their prices knocked down because people will jump on it. If they don't, they'll remain high until people clock that they're an OK side. Wonder who they play next, by all accounts they battered Finland.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

The problem is if Kosovo do get players like Shaqiri and Xhaka, they'll end up having their prices knocked down because people will jump on it. If they don't, they'll remain high until people clock that they're an OK side. Wonder who they play next, by all accounts they battered Finland.

Croatia at home then Ukraine away. Both next month.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Croatia at home then Ukraine away. Both next month.

Thats going to be tough for them, two good team they face.

I think youd definitely eye up Iceland, Turkey at home and the visit of Finland as opportunities to not lose though. Going away to a respectable nation like Finland, going a goal down pretty early and their heads not dropping, and getting what sounds like a deserved equaliser says they have a bit of character and steel about them, and actually offer something going forward, they arent content just to limit the damage like Gibraltar would.

Guest Col city fan

I feel a little ill...

Portugal not scoring a single goal, having had 19 shots off target, has cost me one of my biggest ever wins.

ouch.....

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Shaqiri and Xhaka have both denied ever wanting to play for Kosovo - Xhaka even had an open letter written for him, blaming it on UEFA. lol 

I doubt he showed his true face there, it was merely a PR exercise, a message to the Kosovarians back home to stop harassing/insulting him on a personal level.

And Shaqiri has been seen in a Kosovo shirt, so go figure.

They're both walking on a fine line here.