Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think Barcelona would lose at home to Alaves mate. Just accept it. It's a freak result which unfortunately I've been on the arse end of. I've had Barce in tons of accys previously. And they've nearly always upped the odds because they've, simply, won.

Obviously no one would have had Alaves down to win, and Barca are hot favourites for every game.

Fact is, they dont win every game though. Over the course of a season, theyd probably not win 1/4 of their games.

Ive heard people say Barca were 1/14 with Paddypower today. So even if the rest of your acca was worht £50, is it really worth risking a result with nothing to gain and everything to lose, to make what, an extra £3.50? whats the point?

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Donut said:

Obviously no one would have had Alaves down to win, and Barca are hot favourites for every game.

Fact is, they dont win every game though. Over the course of a season, theyd probably not win 1/4 of their games.

Ive heard people say Barca were 1/14 with Paddypower today. So even if the rest of your acca was worht £50, is it really worth risking a result with nothing to gain and everything to lose, to make what, an extra £3.50? whats the point?

Fook sake Donut, this will be my last post on the subject cos you're getting boring.

I had a double on Napoli and Barcelona, put on at half time, when Barcelona were 1-0 down and Napoli 0-0.

The double bumped the price up to 1.3 ish to one.

Barcelona scored after about 56 mins, Napoli scored and I thought..easy.

Then Alaves get the winner a few mins later. THAT is the aggravating bit, cos THAT weren't supposed to happen. What I DIDNT do was my homework, cos I'm not a pro gambler. I didn't see that Barce (thinking it would be a piece of piss) weren't playing their best 11. Messi only came on when they realized they'd fooked up. And they still lost.

Comprende?

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fook sake Donut, this will be my last post on the subject cos you're getting boring.

I had a double on Napoli and Barcelona, put on at half time, when Barcelona were 1-0 down and Napoli 0-0.

Then Alaves get the winner a few mins later. THAT is the aggravating bit, cos THAT weren't supposed to happen. What I DIDNT do was my homework, cos I'm not a pro gambler. I didn't see that Barce (thinking it would be a piece of piss) weren't playing their best 11. Messi only came on when they realized they'd fooked up. And they still lost.

Comprende?

Yeah comprende with me. It was your daft betting. Not much more to add regardless of your rationale.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Comprende?

Backing them at half time completely changes the context of it. I contemplated it myself but left it, just as I did PSG on Friday.

Irritatingly I nearly had Barca to score between 46 and 60 minutes but left that. That was evens as well.

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Backing them at half time completely changes the context of it. I contemplated it myself but left it, just as I did PSG on Friday.

Irritatingly I nearly had Barca to score between 46 and 60 minutes but left that. That was evens as well.

I think Donut must have been in a bad mood and wanted an argument to be honest? As soon as Barce equalized I thought the bet was in..then of course, they lose, at home. 

Bad luck again is all.

Skybet 5 place race today. Hit 4 out of the 5 e/w from 5 bets. Only 10ew on each Inc the winner and 2 20/1 places. But 180 profit and had a 10p a line ew lucky 63 and turned a 12.60 stake into 83 quid.

That's the 1st round in brugge paid for lol 

Screenshot_20160910-144601.png

Edited by Bayfox

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think Donut must have been in a bad mood and wanted an argument to be honest? As soon as Barce equalized I thought the bet was in..then of course, they lose, at home. 

Bad luck again is all.

I wasnt in a bad mood but ive come across as an arse in the post i made quoting you, and for that, i apologise.

I can kind of see your theory, youre thinking Barca at 1 down could still easily score twice in 45 mins and the fact that they were 1 down made them value, whereas when they kick off at home, theyre never value.

Just seems like irrespective of whats going on in games, their odds are always ridiculously short, as are Real Madrid. Bayern Munich are unbackable in a league game. Their short odds give the impression they just turn up and win every game.

On 9/10/2016 at 22:25, ScouseFox said:

sooooo see you at the ymca @filbertway 

Haha, I loved corners last season.

My two bankers this season Czech Republic at home to Nothern Ireland and Liverpool at home to Leicester have lost in style. 

Put it down to a load of bad luck and from now on it's going to be clear sailing.

I've decided to stop betting for the foreseeable future. I do a joint accy with my brother so we usually agree on decisions but I feel like betting on my own is getting me nowhere. I know gambling addictions can be quite serious so I'm stopping now before it becomes an unhealthy addiction for me and I find myself in dire straits. If you see me post anything in here, give me hell please :revenge::schmike:. I know I don't post that much in here but if I do, it's usually before I actually put the bets on. 

I don't get the enjoyment out of betting any more. not winning much, if at all and seems like luck is always down. I've found myself on occasion betting on South American games in which I know nothing about so it didn't sit right with me when I became aware I was doing this. So before it gets worse, I'm putting an end to it until I feel ready to go again, if that time comes. 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

I've decided to stop betting for the foreseeable future. I do a joint accy with my brother so we usually agree on decisions but I feel like betting on my own is getting me nowhere. I know gambling addictions can be quite serious so I'm stopping now before it becomes an unhealthy addiction for me and I find myself in dire straits. If you see me post anything in here, give me hell please :revenge::schmike:. I know I don't post that much in here but if I do, it's usually before I actually put the bets on. 

I don't get the enjoyment out of betting any more. not winning much, if at all and seems like luck is always down. I've found myself on occasion betting on South American games in which I know nothing about so it didn't sit right with me when I became aware I was doing this. So before it gets worse, I'm putting an end to it until I feel ready to go again, if that time comes. 

As the adverts say, when the fun stops, stop.

As long as people treat it as an entertainment, they are fine.

Because theres no real way to consistently beat a bookmaker, the odds are always stacked against you. When the money from winning is viewed as an expectation, this is when it gets dangerous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Best thing you can do pal, I've been there and when the enjoyment stops then it's time to stop fully

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

2/1 on Stan crumbling before 3pm saturday - max stake £10 winnings paid as free bets.

lol

Sometimes you are bang out of order.....this is one such occasion.