Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

On 12/05/2024 at 23:11, Leeds Fox said:

That’s what I’m at, profit is profit. You’re hoping for an outsider to go ahead and ‘bankers’ to win that aren’t really bankers.

The value is in same time kickoffs that have goals and you can cashout for what is going to be a losing bet.

£100 on 4 2-2s and the trixie. Once goals go in, you can get £200-800. If it all came in, you’d be about £70k up. But you have the choice to leave the trix or the acca. You can gamble and still be a well up. 

Really into the horses as well, get a good few tips from my time in North Yorks and Northumberland. More than happy to share but they aren’t my ‘tips’. 

Explain this please, I'm quite intrigued.

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Explain this please, I'm quite intrigued.

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I didn't understand it either. 

So, I’m not sure what’s not to understand. If you pick 3 or 4 2-2s or 3-3s. Either or. Place a Yankee or a Trixie. Have a wedge on the 3/4 fold too. If at HT they’re all still to play for, you can take profit. If one’s down, the main bet is dead… but you usually have a chance at that point 

Goals go in and you end up with a decent cash out. I hate cash outs but these are bets to just take profit. 

Stick to the freezes and use your pals accounts. 

FWIW I’d most likely had a beer last time and didn’t articulate myself well (I am from Yorkshire) :mellow:

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

So, I’m not sure what’s not to understand. If you pick 3 or 4 2-2s or 3-3s. Either or. Place a Yankee or a Trixie. Have a wedge on the 3/4 fold too. If at HT they’re all still to play for, you can take profit. If one’s down, the main bet is dead… but you usually have a chance at that point 

Goals go in and you end up with a decent cash out. I hate cash outs but these are bets to just take profit. 

Stick to the freezes and use your pals accounts. 

FWIW I’d most likely had a beer last time and didn’t articulate myself well (I am from Yorkshire) :mellow:

OK cheers. Do you pick specific leagues to make sure of goals, like lower leagues? Or just any you fancy? They've got to be fairly evenly matched teams I imagine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was surprised to see how much shorter our relegation odds were compared to our rivals. Really does highlight the struggle for the season. 

Anyway gone early with my end of season bet:

Real Madrid winners

Palermo winners

Southampton relegation

Sheffield u top 6 

birmingham winners 

calisle top 7 

20 for 5k win probably cash out at 1k if my teams get off to a good start or partial cash out at least. 

I know cashouts are a mugs game but I enter my end of season bets with the intention to do it. You get surprisingly good returns even if one team is doing very poorly. 

On 29/07/2024 at 01:15, Lambert09 said:

Was surprised to see how much shorter our relegation odds were compared to our rivals. Really does highlight the struggle for the season. 

Anyway gone early with my end of season bet:

Real Madrid winners

Palermo winners

Southampton relegation

Sheffield u top 6 

birmingham winners 

calisle top 7 

20 for 5k win probably cash out at 1k if my teams get off to a good start or partial cash out at least. 

I know cashouts are a mugs game but I enter my end of season bets with the intention to do it. You get surprisingly good returns even if one team is doing very poorly. 

GK Bazunu has a long term injury, otherwise would have been the easiest relegation bet in the league. He's a worse shot-stopper than Ward.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Any good long shot RABs on Sky? I've got loads of frees to use and fancy just hitting a load of 25/1+ shots.

18/1 - over 0.5 goals in every Newcastle and Spurs league game 

25/1 - Manchester City to score 90+ league goals, Liverpool to score 80+ league goals, Manchester Utd to score 70+ league goals & Aston Villa to score 60+ league goals

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

18/1 - over 0.5 goals in every Newcastle and Spurs league game 

25/1 - Manchester City to score 90+ league goals, Liverpool to score 80+ league goals, Manchester Utd to score 70+ league goals & Aston Villa to score 60+ league goals

That sort of thing. I like the bottom one. Something to track.

• 4 weeks later...