Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

people at work said i was addicted to betting and i had to do it. i was like bollocks could go without a bet for a ages. they said go for a week without betting.

2 weeks it will be on friday :D

i only do it for fun

I have had some silly bets lately, its about maintaining a level of discipline and not going OTT or betting what you can't afford.

Here is a challenge for you. Every week I put on a £1 Acca on the football trying to beat my previous record of 14 teams which paid out £188 (i wish I had a tener on that beauty) I now aim for 15 team Acca's. A cpl of team's usually let you down, but it's about the fun and there is no better feeling when one of those come in.

I have had some silly bets lately, its about maintaining a level of discipline and not going OTT or betting what you can't afford.

Here is a challenge for you. Every week I put on a £1 Acca on the football trying to beat my previous record of 14 teams which paid out £188 (i wish I had a tener on that beauty) I now aim for 15 team Acca's. A cpl of team's usually let you down, but it's about the fun and there is no better feeling when one of those come in.

i agree with you their.

always get let down by 1 or 2 teams. normally have about 10 - 15 teams depending on who i fancy

i agree with you their.

always get let down by 1 or 2 teams. normally have about 10 - 15 teams depending on who i fancy

The 14 team acca I had come in, one of the teams were drawing up until the 91st Minute, I think it was Peru...You cam imagine my delight when it come up they had scored. Best feeling I've ever had in betting.

Any tips on the 'sses tonight ric? Or fox123 (if your tipsters improved... :P)

I liked the look of the horse I mentioned earlier but that finished no where. I think my tipster has dried up after his recent run of form not heard from his for a while. Like I said earlier I think I'm going to be doing some laying on Betfair.

The 14 team acca I had come in, one of the teams were drawing up until the 91st Minute, I think it was Peru...You cam imagine my delight when it come up they had scored. Best feeling I've ever had in betting.

How much did you get back?

He came on in the 57th minute, which i'm sure you're aware of. What a bastard that is, it's happened to me before. Annoying.

Yeh bit of a twat that was :@

Funny thing was though Corals tried to give me £15.50 back :o It was actually £187.50 cheeky bastards!

First winner today at Huntingdon though so good start to the day.

Templegate all the way today.

No idea whether this info is very good or not, new tipper.

LAZY BUT LIVELY 3.50 Taunton forecast price 25/1 back eachway.

I've had the usual ten spot each way on it.

Started laying again...great first result.

Horse Racing: GBP95.90 Total P&L: GBP95.90

Horse Racing > Hunt 11th Dec : 2m4f Grd2 Chs Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Selections

Selection Odds Stake(£) Bid type Placed Profit/loss(£)

Natal * 5.92 100.00 Lay 100.00

*Average odds: On Off Back subtotal: 0.00

Lay subtotal: 100.00

Market subtotal: 100.00

Commission @ 4.1%: 4.10

Net Market Total: 95.90

Started laying again...great first result.

Horse Racing: GBP95.90 Total P&L: GBP95.90

Horse Racing > Hunt 11th Dec : 2m4f Grd2 Chs Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Selections

Natal * 5.92 100.00 Lay 100.00

Lay subtotal: 100.00

Market subtotal: 100.00

Commission @ 4.1%: 4.10

Net Market Total: 95.90

So how much did you lay and what profit did you make there? £100 outlay was that?

I set it up to loose around £500 (pre-race) and make £100 profit minus Betfairs commission. I am very selective with what I choose to lay.

I only lay the favourite, if I feel in trouble I can arb my way out of it in running, just depends on how well the horse is traveling so ill then back it at a shorter price, instead off loosing £500 ill loose say £150/£200 which is easier to get back.

I only select certain races.

2 Year olds (That are running for first time)

Fillie races (They don't seem to run the same race twice so the odds are purely based on their previous run)

Irish racing (I Watch a lot of Irish racing and watch the pattern of the betting. The favourites really should be a lot higher price than what they are)

Edited by fox123

R De Rien Sivola * 2.18 175.00 Lay 175.00

Lay subtotal: 175.00

Market subtotal: 175.00

Commission @ 4.1%: 7.18

Net Market Total: 167.82

2 Lays 2 wins may day is complete, near £270 profit on day.

R De Rien Sivola * 2.18 175.00 Lay 175.00

Lay subtotal: 175.00

Market subtotal: 175.00

Commission @ 4.1%: 7.18

Net Market Total: 167.82

2 Lays 2 wins may day is complete, near £270 profit on day.

Fookin hell, good work mate.