Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

:thumbup: Cheers, I think I should have stuck to it before. It's pretty crushing though when one wins and thats it, pretty much all your profits wiped out.

Yeah I can see how soul destroying it could be, I mean to make £100-200 you need to be staking a monkey or more and to lose that would hurt. I've lost that amount and a bit more on the odd occasion and it really does mess you up for a while.

Yeah I can see how soul destroying it could be, I mean to make £100-200 you need to be staking a monkey or more and to lose that would hurt. I've lost that amount and a bit more on the odd occasion and it really does mess you up for a while.

You do need good betting software, one that is constantly refreshing odds. It helps with in-running, and you can pre plan the amounts you want to stake, its so simple.

I use Betting Assistant it really has been a life saver, especially when I need to do a spot of arbing

You do need good betting software, one that is constantly refreshing odds. It helps with in-running, and you can pre plan the amounts you want to stake, its so simple.

I use Betting Assistant it really has been a life saver, especially when I need to do a spot of arbing

A friend of mine suggested laying any horse that hits 1.03 in running in every race.

He reckons it comes in quite a lot and for minimal risk unfortunately he forgot to tell me how to do it!

A friend of mine suggested laying any horse that hits 1.03 in running in every race.

He reckons it comes in quite a lot and for minimal risk unfortunately he forgot to tell me how to do it!

They do come in, occasionally, they are pretty rare to be fair. I have only seen it happen about 3 times on a 1.01 thats like 1/1000 so your only risking £1 - some people set their betting assistant to lay every 1.01 and then go work for the day to return to either £6/7 lost or £1000 better off.

There was a football match it involved Spurs (I think) I can't remember if they won or lost but basically it was something like 3-0 and the other team went onto win 4-3 or something similar.

Anyway the side that was winning 3-0 went 1.04 in-running I was so tempted for some reason to lay it, but I didn't - hindsight is such a wonderful thing :thumbup:

Edited by fox123

They do come in, occasionally, they are pretty rare to be fair. I have only seen it happen about 3 times on a 1.01 thats like 1/1000 so your only risking £1 - some people set their betting assistant to lay every 1.01 and then go work for the day to return to either £6/7 lost or £1000 better off.

There was a football match it involved Spurs (I think) I can't remember if they won or lost but basically it was something like 3-0 and the other team went onto win 4-3 or something similar.

Anyway the side that was winning 3-0 went 1.04 in-running I was so tempted for some reason to lay it, but I didn't - hindsight is such a wonderful thing :thumbup:

Thats pretty much how he summed it up to me.

So you go to betting assisstant do you? I'm finding it incredibly difficult to navigate around the betfair site is it me or do you think it's a bit of a mish mash? I suppose it just takes getting used to :unsure:

Thats pretty much how he summed it up to me.

So you go to betting assisstant do you? I'm finding it incredibly difficult to navigate around the betfair site is it me or do you think it's a bit of a mish mash? I suppose it just takes getting used to :unsure:

I think Betfair do their own Betting Assistant, for me it is so much easier to navigate round and you can filter out what you want to bet on and what you don't. The thing with Betfair is it has around a 5 second delay and when your betting in running thats absolutely massive, with betting assistant it refreshes every 0.2 seconds so the prices are always real time.

It's so much more fun trading on the Betting Assistants...

Only just noticed happy birthday by the way :thumbup:

Edited by fox123

I think Betfair do their own Betting Assistant, for me it is so much easier to navigate round and you can filter out what you want to bet on and what you don't. The thing with Betfair is it has around a 5 second delay and when your betting in running thats absolutely massive, with betting assistant it refreshes every 0.2 seconds so the prices are always real time.

It's so much more fun trading on the Betting Assistants...

Only just noticed happy birthday by the way :thumbup:

Cheers

Mainc this is. £5 in, up to £25, down to £3, now back up to £8.80.

Get on it, for the enjoyment if anything else.

Have played it before. It's fixed. Put £5 in, went up to about £20, slowly came down and then never goes up again. Think they let you win for a bit to make you play more. Best to get out while you're ahead.

Un-decided whether to stay up on the week, or have another couple of lays again today.

Not trying to sound stupid what are Lays? lol

Had my first bet for 2 weeks.

3 5 team doubles, 1 celebrity special and about a 10/ 11 team accumulator.

Will post up ina bit.

Not trying to sound stupid what are Lays? lol

Had my first bet for 2 weeks.

3 5 team doubles, 1 celebrity special and about a 10/ 11 team accumulator.

Will post up ina bit.

Basically a lay is opposite to a back. So instead of betting on one horse to win, I am betting on one horse to loose.

My bets:

Celeb -

Man Utd

Villa

Stoke

Birmingham

All to win

£1 = £18 return

5 team bets:

1)

Villa

Chelsea

Man Utd

Burnly

Wolves

All to win

£2 = £16.90

2)

MK

Leicester

Swindon - poss fail

Milwall

Wycome

All to win

£2 = £90.87

3)

Partick

Brechin

Raith

E.Stirling

Stenhousemuir

All to win

£2 = £22.51

10 team accie

Villa

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man City

Arsenal

Man UTd

Derby

Birmingham

Wolves

Leicester

£1 = £284.07

Total £8 Total poss returns = £432.35

Wont happen tho but you never know.

Good pressie to come back to from me hols eh

My bets:

Celeb -

Man Utd

Villa

Stoke

Birmingham

All to win

£1 = £18 return

5 team bets:

1)

Villa

Chelsea

Man Utd

Burnly

Wolves

All to win

£2 = £16.90

2)

MK

Leicester

Swindon - poss fail

Milwall

Wycome

All to win

£2 = £90.87

3)

Partick

Brechin

Raith

E.Stirling

Stenhousemuir

All to win

£2 = £22.51

10 team accie

Villa

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man City

Arsenal

Man UTd

Derby

Birmingham

Wolves

Leicester

£1 = £284.07

Total £8 Total poss returns = £432.35

Wont happen tho but you never know.

Good pressie to come back to from me hols eh

I've decided that the one's in bold are going to let you down.

One key rule on football betting - Never cross your bets over.

You've done 3 of the same teams in 3 different bets. If one of them don't win - you're fooked.

I've decided that the one's in bold are going to let you down.

One key rule on football betting - Never cross your bets over.

You've done 3 of the same teams in 3 different bets. If one of them don't win - you're fooked.

Golden rule number 2 that is.

:appl:

Betting Profit & Loss

12-Dec-2008 13:56

Period:

Download to Spreadsheet

?

(relates to event settlement date)

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) to

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)

Horse Racing: GBP143.85 Total P&L: GBP143.85

Horse Racing > Chelt 12th Dec : 3m1f Nov Chs Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Selections

Selection Odds Stake(£) Bid type Placed Profit/loss(£)

Ballyfitz 1.87 150.00 Lay 12-Dec-08 12:03 150.00

*Average odds: On Off Back subtotal: 0.00

Lay subtotal: 150.00

Market subtotal: 150.00

Commission @ 4.1%: 6.15

Net Market Total: 143.85