Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Had a tenner on Steed Malbranque to score the 1st goal for absolutely no reason whatsoever, so that was nice.

All other bets were crap though, but still over a ton up for the weekend.

Who are you fancying for the King George this year? Personally I'm not sure you can look past Kauto Star again, he certainly isn't a horse I would look to lay.

Who are you fancying for the King George this year? Personally I'm not sure you can look past Kauto Star again, he certainly isn't a horse I would look to lay.

lol

Always get excited when I see your name appear in the betting thread, I always think - TIPS! lol

Not had any for a while, whats going on?!

(Mind you the last few ain't been brill, might be a good thing :P)

lol

Always get excited when I see your name appear in the betting thread, I always think - TIPS! lol

Not had any for a while, whats going on?!

(Mind you the last few ain't been brill, might be a good thing :P)

lol

To be fair they have dried up, the bloke who I used to get the texts off is based in Louth and I haven't heard from him for a long time. I have been laying horses recently, so I am more than happy to post my Bismarck's if you want.

lol

To be fair they have dried up, the bloke who I used to get the texts off is based in Louth and I haven't heard from him for a long time. I have been laying horses recently, so I am more than happy to post my Bismarck's if you want.

Fair enough mate, Hmmm i'm not to keen on laying bets, I know it can be very profitable and it's ok if you know what your doing and careful but I don't really like the idea.

I'm sure it is very simple but i've had it all explained to me many times and I still don't understand it fully so I just decide to steer clear of it.

Fair enough mate, Hmmm i'm not to keen on laying bets, I know it can be very profitable and it's ok if you know what your doing and careful but I don't really like the idea.

I'm sure it is very simple but i've had it all explained to me many times and I still don't understand it fully so I just decide to steer clear of it.

I think people seem put off by laying because of the amount they risk to loose. Liken it to backing every horse in the race but one. That one you haven't backed is the one you obviously don't want to win.

In actual fact, when you are backing one horse to win, you are laying all the others to loose.

I'm not trying to change your mind, just giving you an easier understanding, I'll still post my 'Bismarcks' (Lays of the day) and you can follow them if you like with out betting on them, compare the profits of backing those horse's to laying them. I'll keep a spread sheet of wins and looses and post them week by week see profit it makes.

Edited by fox123

I think people seem put off by laying because of the amount they risk to loose. Liken it to backing every horse in the race but one. That one you haven't backed is the one you obviously don't want to win.

In actual fact, when you are backing one horse to win, you are laying all the others to loose.

I'm not trying to change your mind, just giving you an easier understanding, I'll still post my 'Bismarcks' (Lays of the day) and you can follow them if you like with out betting on them, compare the profits of backing those horse's to laying them. I'll keep a spread sheet of wins and looses and post them week by week see profit it makes.

Ok, Cheers.

Really you have much more chance of winning. But if you do lose to me it would seem you could stand to lose alot.

So you can only lay on Betfair correct?

And what if you only had £10 in your account? Could you only accept bets that pay-out to £10? And do you have an option to reject bets, or does it automatically accept every bet, provided you have the funds in your account?

Edited by Matt

The owner of the company I work for has his horse is racing in this, Imperial Commander, I've mentioned it a few times, but it does seem that the horse is improving well recently, Won well last race pissed over the rest of horses in the race. With Kauto Star racing in the same race can't really see it winning but I won about £30 on the last race it won so might go £15 E/W or something on it. :dunno: It does seem quite a hard race, some great horses in racing I do wonder if it will even get a place actually. lol

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid...p;nav=racecards

Ok, Cheers.

Really you have much more chance of winning. But if you do lose to me it would seem you could stand to lose alot.

So you can only lay on Betfair correct?

And what if you only had £10 in your account? Could you only accept bets that pay-out to £10? And do you have an option to reject bets, or does it automatically accept every bet, provided you have the funds in your account?

You can lay to what you want to win. So for example, say I wanted to win £100, my (ill say it) potential :D loss on a 5/1 horse would be £500. I don't loose the extra £100 because that is the backers stake. What you have to remember is, you are laying what you can afford to loose. So Say you would want to win £5 you could only lay a horse up to 2/1 because your potential loss would be £10

The owner of the company I work for has his horse is racing in this, Imperial Commander, I've mentioned it a few times, but it does seem that the horse is improving well recently, Won well last race pissed over the rest of horses in the race. With Kauto Star racing in the same race can't really see it winning but I won about £30 on the last race it won so might go £15 E/W or something on it. :dunno: It does seem quite a hard race, some great horses in racing I do wonder if it will even get a place actually. lol

http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid...p;nav=racecards

I think any horse in that race has an e/w chance. There are indeed some quality horses, I would have loved to of seen Best Mate and Kauto Star in this race when Best Mate was at his best. That really would have been some race.

A long shot I know but I've just stuck £20 on Villa for the title at 66/1 (corals)

I nearly bet on Villa to win the Prem without the top 4 pre-season, I think it was fairly good odds, can't really remember what odds, but didn't think they were bad, but I didn't anyway.

I've just thought though, If you did bet that, and Villa finished 3rd would you still win the bet?

Is the bet without the top 4 (Literally) or with out the 'big' 4 (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool)? I'd have thought the latter.

I nearly bet on Villa to win the Prem without the top 4 pre-season, I think it was fairly good odds, can't really remember what odds, but didn't think they were bad, but I didn't anyway.

I've just thought though, If you did bet that, and Villa finished 3rd would you still win the bet?

Is the bet without the top 4 (Literally) or with out the 'big' 4 (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool)? I'd have thought the latter.

If they finished 3rd then you would be paid. I don't think you are betting them to finish 5th

I might for the first time in a few years, leave this race alone or at best have a small flutter. Kauto Star's form is becoming erratic and it's last 'big' race was against Denman. I hope Kauto can make it 3 on the spin in the George but the odds won't be worth risking a big stake to get a decent win out of it for me.

I might go with Matt and look at Imperial Commander e/w. I was at Cheltenham last month when it won and it looked a great horse in the making, not sure whether it's up to Kauto's class though or it ever will be, but things change quickly in Horse Racing.

I might for the first time in a few years, leave this race alone or at best have a small flutter. Kauto Star's form is becoming erratic and it's last 'big' race was against Denman. I hope Kauto can make it 3 on the spin in the George but the odds won't be worth risking a big stake to get a decent win out of it for me.

I might go with Matt and look at Imperial Commander e/w. I was at Cheltenham last month when it won and it looked a great horse in the making, not sure whether it's up to Kauto's class though or it ever will be, but things change quickly in Horse Racing.

5/4 is a crazy price in a race like this, I remember the late great Best mate (who was the first horse since Arkle to win 3 Gold Cups) was around, at best 6/4 to win this race and Kauto Star is no where near as good as the two aforementioned.

I am thinking of a change of heart on this, and may look to lay Kauto Star.

Also looking at Air Force One for the place.

Basically - if Villa finish higher than anyone else (with the big four excluded) you win.

:w00t:

Just gone on to put a bet or two on for tomorrow, to see there's 66 quid in my account! :w00t: Turns out I had a bet come in last week i'd forgot about!

Northampton over Carlisle, Huddersfield over Hereford, Wycombe over Shrewsbury and then Villa to beat West Ham. £3 pound on, £66.56 returns.

What a bloody good christmas present :giggle:

:w00t: