Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

McCoy reaches 3000

Legendary jockey Tony McCoy has secured his 3,000th British and Irish National Hunt victory at Plumpton.

The 13-times champion reached the milestone aboard Nicky Henderson's Restless D'Artaix in the Tyser & Co Beginners' Chase.

Given a typically assured ride from McCoy, the 13-8 favourite brought the house down at the East Sussex venue with a gritty defeat of The Package.

McCoy, 34, had been stranded on 2,998 triumphs since January 29 when he won on Stradbrook at Wincanton.

After a success earlier in the day on Hello Moscow, McCoy and Miss Sarenne agonisingly crashed out at the last when well in control of the Weatherbys Cheltenham Festival Betting Guide 2009 Mares' Novices' Hurdle.

All was forgiven 35 minutes later, however, when Henderson's seven-year-old showed great resolve to score by a length.

McCoy became the all-time winning-most jumps jockey in Britain, beating Richard Dunwoody's record of 1,699, when scoring on Mighty Montefalco at Uttoxeter on August 27, 2002.

He also eclipsed Sir Gordon Richards' record total of 269 winners in a season on Valfonic at Warwick on April 2, 2002.

Born in County Antrim in 1974, McCoy began his career on the Flat and bagged his first winner, Legal Steps, at Thurles in March 1992.

McCoy said: "It's great, I've been very lucky with my agent (Dave Roberts).

"A lot of thanks must go to Dave Roberts.

"He's helped me since I started and, without him, this wouldn't be possible.''

Fair play to McCoy been a great jockey over the years and a great character...Have met him a couple of times where, the company I used to work for sponsored Leicester Races.

You **** Beckford! I had Beckford 1-0 on a scorecast at 28/1 and he goes and ****s it up in the 92nd minute! You bastard!

I'm really sorry Joe. But lol.

One of the few times i don't back McCoy and he wins. Typical.

Had an each way lucky 15 with all 4 of McCoy's rides.

Also, a tip that's come through is Formidable Guest in the 4.30pm at Wolverhampton.

£20 each way.

I've backed this horse a few times, it's been kind to me in recent times.

Nice.

Annoyed though as I didn't take the price and it drifted in from 11/2 to 3/1. So would have won nearly double what I got back in the end.

lol Whats the point. No offence but £1, to win £2.50 profit :whistle:

Im not a fan of really big stakes i.e. Nothing over £10 buts that takes the biscuit lol

I had £5.20 in my online account. Wanted to have some money for darts bets so put £1 on. 250% profit, can't complain.

Various correct score lucky 15s but my acccie for today is:

France v Argentina to draw 21/10

Germany 2/5

Portugal 2/5

Holland Evs

£20 acc at around 11/1

Had a nice three draws and a home win four timer come in at 70/1 last night but still lost about a fiver on the night as I only had 50p on it :doh:

20p lucky 15 on:

France v Argentina 2-2 14/1

Nigeria v Jamaica 3-1 12/1

Portugal v Finland 3-1 9/1

Spain v England 2-2 14/1

Edited by Head Honcho

1 Nigeria @ 1/2

2 Argies/France Draw @ 21/10

3 Portugal @ 1/3

4 spaniards/England @ 21/10

Multiple Bets

1 x 5.00 4 Folds

Stake: 5.00

Potential Winnings: 91.10

good luck lads. Whenever i post my bets they all go tits up. Let's break the trend!!!

Edited by ronnup

A West Ham, Hull, Leeds treble tempts me.

Can't bring myself to bet against Sheff Utd after the wins they've given me this season!

Steered clear of the FA Cup, too many games too close to call in my opinion. If Charlton actually win again I will not be best pleased.