Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

You have a good job, so what's £50? You'll get it back on a free bet anyway, and you never know, you could well win. In the 3:10 at Sandown, I'm liking the look of Dave's dream.. Good e/w shot.

12/1 winner!

Hope you done this Matt!

You have a good job, so what's £50? You'll get it back on a free bet anyway, and you never know, you could well win. In the 3:10 at Sandown, I'm liking the look of Dave's dream.. Good e/w shot.

Luckly I had £12.50 e/w (So £25 total stake) I just couldn't justify £50 - I'm quite shrewd with money, especially 'big' bets, I got the results up on my phone about 3.30pm at them match but it only gave me the first two, so my heart sunk - Even though I knew e/w payed out the first 4 places.

So with it coming in e/w I got £31.25.

Wish I had seen your tip of Dave's Dream - Mind you I had already placed the bet anyway.

So i'm thinking the free £25 bet on Cousin Vinnie (5/2 Fav - I think). 1.30 @ Cheltenham, What do you think Bert, I like my horse but you do seem to pick some good ones, and as I find quite often favorite's/pundit tips don't win so often.

Luckly I had £12.50 e/w (So £25 total stake) I just couldn't justify £50 - I'm quite shrewd with money, especially 'big' bets, I got the results up on my phone about 3.30pm at them match but it only gave me the first two, so my heart sunk - Even though I knew e/w payed out the first 4 places. Unfortunatly though I took the 7/2 price, and it was backed out to 6/1, oh well.

Wish I had seen your tip of Dave's Dream - Mind you I had already placed the bet anyway.

So i'm thinking the free £25 bet on Cousin Vinnie (5/2 Fav - I think). 1.30 @ Cheltenham, What do you think Bert, I like my horse but you do seem to pick some good ones, and as I find quite often favorite's/pundit tips don't win so often.

**My internet connection is shite.

You made a profit on it though, withdraw the 325 and play with the profit.

I'll have a good look for you mate and see what I fancy.

You made a profit on it though, withdraw the 325 and play with the profit.

I'll have a good look for you mate and see what I fancy.

Is that meant to say - withdraw the £25?

By the way my free £25 bet is only on the 1.30 @ Cheltenham on Tuesday, no other races that day or over the week. I'm fairly sure i'm going on Cousin Vinnie, but I will have a look at advice if you do pick anything.

Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by Matt

Luckly I had £12.50 e/w (So £25 total stake) I just couldn't justify £50 - I'm quite shrewd with money, especially 'big' bets, I got the results up on my phone about 3.30pm at them match but it only gave me the first two, so my heart sunk - Even though I knew e/w payed out the first 4 places. Unfortunatly though I took the 7/2 price, and it was backed out to 6/1, oh well.

**My internet connection is shite.

Back Trenchant in the 1.30 currently 14/1 and pissed his last race. I backed it at 14/1 just before going into the Bristol Rovers ground. Lightly raced and just the type of horse to go on and win Supreme Novices' Hurdle.

My Ante-Post other tips for day one are:

Champion Hurdle-Jered 22/1

Arkle-Forpadydeplasterer 10/1

W.Hill Trophy-Dear Villez 14/1

Supreme Novices' Hurdle-Trenchant 14/1

Edited by Head Honcho

Liking the look of Ainama, Matt.

14/1 atm, but purely an e/w shot.

In the very first race at the festival there's a big history of the Irish winning it and it's a big field too, 28/29 i think.

In the very first race at the festival there's a big history of the Irish winning it and it's a big field too, 28/29 i think.

Hmmm I know.

I've just been reading in the paper that Paddy Power are doing a money-back special on ALL losers of the first race on Tuesday, The Supreme Novices' Hurdle, if the favourite Cousin Vinny wins.

http://www.paddypower.com/racing?action=go...90&when=now

Surely there is a catch somewhere?

But i'm thinking put my £25 free bet from Will Hill on Cousin Vinny then going on another horse using Paddy Power. :dunno:

Maybe Carlton Palmer or Richard Dunwoody will appear in my house? :dunno::giggle:

EDIT.

Hmmmm just been thinking and this is what Paddy Power want you to think - And is what most people initially with no thought will think - They will refund ALL losers if Cousin Vinny loses, There are 28/29 runners like Bert said it's a huge possibility a horse other than Cousin Vinny will win, Your relying on 2 horses ain't you? The horse you have backed or Cousin Vinny to get your stake refunded, Not really a great offer, Better than nothing but not a great one.

Edited by Matt

My tip Trenchant walked all over Ainama in his last race. Ainama at odds on too!

10/1 on Skybet, And they are offering a 4th place aswell.

£5 free bet from Skybet? Tempted. :thumbup:

Go for it. Highly rated by the Irish and I've heard good things about it too.

Watch it have a shitter now.

hi all

tartak 205 chelt

if it gets the run up the hill it will win, unfortunately pricewise has tipped it today, so you need to get on quick

Backed him last night in my first bet of the festival.

1.30 Ainama 12/1

2.05 Tartak 12/1

2.40 Millenium Royal 9/1

3.30 Ashkazar 16/1

4.0 Garde Champetre 100/30

20p Lucky 31

13:30 - CHELTENHAM

TORPHICHEN 11/2

14:05 - CHELTENHAM

FORPADYDEPLASTERER 9/1

14:40 - CHELTENHAM

STAR DE MOHAISON 9/1

15:20 - CHELTENHAM

CELESTIAL HALO 9/1

Small bet today

15p e/w Yankee 25p e/w acca.

Going to be laying big today, will post those as day goes on.

Good luck all :)

Morning Lads.

Just a quick question, if you had £5 to bed on cheltenham today over a few bets who would you guys go for?

and if anyone dosen't have an account with Ladbrokes if you open it us using the code Mail6 and bet £10 more or more they will give you 3 x £10 bets. What it says in the mail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all

tartak 205 chelt

if it gets the run up the hill it will win, unfortunately pricewise has tipped it today, so you need to get on quick

Backed him last night in my first bet of the festival.

1.30 Ainama 12/1

2.05 Tartak 12/1

2.40 Millenium Royal 9/1

3.30 Ashkazar 16/1

4.0 Garde Champetre 100/30

20p Lucky 31

You both had Tartak to win?

Edited by JoeyB