Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Certainly looks that way Bert - 14:05 race - Betfair have 5 horses all within 3/1 - mean where's the value in that! It certainly looks like a lay race that, but which one? (And can i afford it!)

Cheers on whatever his name today - won me some wonga, I shall be keeping a tabs on your top tips because I know nothing about the horses!

The thing with laying is, to back the favourite at the time of off, if there is a favourite on the course or withing the bookies, including each of 4 - there will always be a diferent ori individual favourite on the exchangs even if it id to .101 of a point diference.

Edited by fox123

Right I don't think I'm looking at this right. I checked a lay on the top four horses at the 14:05 on bet fair and it appears that I can't lose in monetery terms - even if won of them does win, the liabilty wouldn't outway the payout on the other three.

Fox123 - can you check that for me, am I reading it correctly, as you seem the expert!

Anyone? I'm so tempted but I feel I'm missing something!

Anyone? I'm so tempted but I feel I'm missing something!

What field are you looking at

Okay, Edit: I see the predicament of four horses close to the betting...in the 2:05, if the race was going off right now I'd be laying Mikael Dhaguenet...

Edited by fox123

What field are you looking at

Okay, Edit: I see the predicament of four horses close to the betting...in the 2:05, if the race was going off right now I'd be laying Mikael Dhaguenet...

I spotted my mistake as i went to place the bets. On the beting slip there's to buttons, one for liability and one for payout - i was reading the payouts thinking woo hoo, but of course with a lay you get back what you put down, so it's always evens yes? So no you can't bet for four horses to lose and win whatever - which makes much more sense!

2.40 at Cheltenham i'm going to have an cheeky e/w punt on Ballyfitz. Any of What a friend, the market man or gone to lunch have a good chance of winning though. Personally I'd go for gone to lunch.

With the exception of Master minded (3.20) tomorrow, my pick is Diamond Harry in the 2.05. Only at 9/2 though. McCoys ride in this will be a danger though.

Very hard to pick tomorrow.

I'm on Ballyfitz and Ski Sunday. Need to sort a few others out too.

1.30 - Fair Point

2.05 - Mikael D'Haguenet

2.40 - Cooldine and Ballyfitz e/w

3.20 - Twist Magic and Big Zeb e/w

4pm - Psycho and Gee Dee Nen and Serabad e/w

4.40 - Ronaldo Des Mottes and Ski Sunday e/w

5.15 - Rite of Passage

These are my selections, not going to go wild today. Just have a few combinations and what not. I've put aside £50 today. :D

1.30 - Fair Point

2.05 - Mikael D'Haguenet

5.15 - Rite of Passage

These are my selections, not going to go wild today. Just have a few combinations and what not. I've put aside £50 today. :D

About time I had a winner, now let's kick on.

You lose much on that pal?

Betting Profit & Loss

11-Mar-2009 14:30

Period:

Download to Spreadsheet

?

(relates to event settlement date)

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) to

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)

Horse Racing: -GBP476.30 Total P&L: -GBP476.30

Horse Racing Showing 1 - 2 of 2 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)

Horse Racing / Chelt 11th Mar : 2m5f Nov Hrd 11-Mar-09 14:05 11-Mar-09 14:14 -620.00 :angry:

Horse Racing / Chelt 11th Mar : 4m Nov Chs 11-Mar-09 13:30 11-Mar-09 13:41 143.70

1.30 - Fair Point

2.05 - Mikael D'Haguenet

5.15 - Rite of Passage

If Psycho or Rites of Passage win then i'm looking at a decent profit, if they both win then that will be 4 winners out of 5 on the nose. Lovely.