Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Got my first decent 10 leg multi over the w/e.

Thanks to a spirtied rangers comeback.

Multi was Arsenal, Man U, briming/stoke draw, Sunderland, Man City, Middelsbourgh, West Brom, Perth Glory, Rangers, Werder Bremen. for $10 got back $1809.

Yes :dance:

Torres has just scored which means Sky Bet are set to lose a 6 figure sum.

Finally the bookies lose out for a change woooooo hooooooo.

http://xtra.skybet.com/betting-news/footba...-torres-tonight

:bounce:

The funny thing is this is about the only time the bookies will lose this much, because if anyone backs a ridiculous amount of money on something, the bookies can just match that bet themselves and never lose money.

But of course theyd never make money then so probably only to it to remove MASSIVE risks.

Edited by maddog

Yes :dance:

Torres has just scored which means Sky Bet are set to lose a 6 figure sum.

Finally the bookies lose out for a change woooooo hooooooo.

http://xtra.skybet.com/betting-news/footba...-torres-tonight

:bounce:

The funny thing is this is about the only time the bookies will lose this much, because if anyone backs a ridiculous amount of money on something, the bookies can just match that bet themselves and never lose money.

But of course theyd never make money then so probably only to it to remove MASSIVE risks.

Mate you do realise that is posted by sky. They are just trying to market themselves and attract potential gamblers.

Bookies never lose :thumbup:

I know but at least it's a few hundred grand out of sky bets HUGE profits thanks to Torres tonight ;)

Which they've already made/won back today through various other bets and Liverpool's defeat tonight.

I know but at least it's a few hundred grand out of sky bets HUGE profits thanks to Torres tonight ;)

Maybe so but bookies don't advertise there losses and not on there own website. They would have lost a bit on that particular bet but I bet they made more in total from the game with the amount of punters who backed Liverpool.

There just trying to give off the impression that they lose money and people should bet with them. It's very clever marketing.

Which they've already made/won back today through various other bets and Liverpool's defeat tonight.

Spot on

Are you mad lol, risking that much on a team so woefully out of form, I'd be very worried if I were you. Yes Barnsley are technically worse but if they play like they did against us then you could well be in trouble. Plus I got Barnsley in an accy so you can't win. :D:P

Lucky boy - 90th min penalty winner!

Got raped Carling cup why did i bother.

Put a multi on this years titles.

Chelsea $3, Gold Coast United $6.50 (at the handicap after 3 games undefeated in to $2.50) , Middlesbourgh $7.50, Inter Milan $2, Celtic $2, Real Madrid $2. put a $5 on to win $5000.