Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Today's Aintree bets;

2.00 General Miller 12/1 WON

2.35 Burton Point 11/4

3.10 Kalahari King 7/2

3.45 Diablo 16/1

4.20 Western Leader 4/1

10p E/W Lucky 31 pays £4000.79

£1 E/W Accumulator pays £18727.51

Albertas Run 15/2

£1 E/W pays £11.00

That's a good start!!

Today's Aintree bets;

2.35 Burton Point 11/4 WON

3.10 Kalahari King 7/2

3.45 Diablo 16/1

4.20 Western Leader 4/1

10p E/W Lucky 31 pays £4000.79

£1 E/W Accumulator pays £18727.51

Albertas Run 15/2

£1 E/W pays £11.00

:o

Today's Aintree bets;

3.10 Kalahari King 7/2 FELL

3.45 Diablo 16/1

4.20 Western Leader 4/1

10p E/W Lucky 31 pays £736.85 revised maximum return

£1 E/W Accumulator pays £0.00 because Kalahari King fell, the stupid ****

Albertas Run 15/2 WON

£1 E/W pays £11.00

Could still be a decent day!

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox

Today's Aintree bets;

3.10 Kalahari King 7/2 FELL

3.45 Diablo 16/1 STILL NOT FINISHED

4.20 Western Leader 4/1

10p E/W Lucky 31 pays £not a lot!

£1 E/W Accumulator pays £bugger all!

Albertas Run 15/2 WON

£1 E/W pays £11.00

Oh well - it all started so well. Should cover my costs.

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox

>_< Normally always bet on Albertas Run, but Forpadydeplasterer just edged my support so went for Pady E/W, Oh well didn't lose anything but if only i'd bet on both and Albertas Run would have been a hero for me once again.

Great Horse.

Any tips for the Grand National?

Ive bet on Tony McCoy religiously for the last god knows how many years so will have to put a bit on his horse ('Don't push it' i think). The year i don't back him will be the year he wins it!

Any other tips appreciated, particularly for a good (outsider) E/W bet?

Any tips for the Grand National?

Ive bet on Tony McCoy religiously for the last god knows how many years so will have to put a bit on his horse ('Don't push it' i think). The year i don't back him will be the year he wins it!

Any other tips appreciated, particularly for a good (outsider) E/W bet?

Anything under 11 stone, my four are:

The Package (14/1) - the one I'd tip

Snowy Morning (16/1)

Eric's Charm (40/1)

Piraya (100/1)

7 stats which may help narrow down the field .

1- Although usually the weight limit is 11:00 and under , it looks like there will be no horses running from out of the Handicap again this year so if MADISON DU BERLAIS [11:10] stands his ground i would consider ALL those under him and MON MOME [only RED RUM has won back-to-back wins since the war]

2- Eliminate those who have not shown any winning form at 3m+ - a fairly obvious statement imo.

3- Ignore those who have not ran for 50 days - recent racecourse fitness appears to be vital.

4- Ignore those who have ran 3 times or under this season or over 6. - Those in between are usually the ones who have been specifically aimed at the race.

5- Must be aged between 8-12 - you have to go back to 1940 for a 7yo winner and 1923 for a teenage victor

6- Eliminate all those who have fallen MORE than twice in their career - yes Mon Mome unseated his rider a few times in his career but IN GENERAL you need a safe conveyance .

7- Stick to those around 33/1 or Under in the market , ON THE DAY .

Here we go and despite last years 100/1 winner , overall it pays to stick to those who will start 33/1 or under so with that in mind and wary that a few will contract i'll keep those at 40's in but the rest are out -

MADISON DU BERLAIS [also top weight of 11:10 ] , JOE LIVELY , MADE IN TAIPAN , NOZIC , PABLO DU CHARMIL , BEAT THE BOYS , PRIESTS LEAP , ELLERSLIE GEORGE , ERIC'S CHARM , CONNA CASTLE , BALLYFITZ , OLLIE MAGERN , PIRAYA , CERIUM , PALYPSO DE CREEK , FLINTOFF and ROYAL ROSA .

Next is AGE - TRICKY TRICKSTER [7] and THE PACKAGE [7] go out .

Weight and last years winner - MON MOME .

50 Day trend [ i'm including those on 49 as well ] - VIC VENTURI [49] , BLACK APPALACHI [49] , DREAM ALLIANCE [49] , STATE OF PLAY [133] , MALJIMAR [120] and IRISH RAPTOR [126] .

Of those left who have ran less than 3 times but more than 6 - COMPLY OR DIE and CHARACTER BUILDING .

12 remaining and now to remove those who have not won at least 3m -

BALLYHOLLAND [ won ptp's at 3m but not under NH rules ]

So down to 11 and now it's the one's who have fallen/unseated more than twice in their career - CLOUDY LANE [2xF , 2x U] .

So i've reduced the field to 10 and exhusted all my trends so with the going currently G/S and it looking like being a warm , sunny day on Saturday the mud-larks will be disadvantaged so SNOWY MORNING [ 7/8 wins under rules on Soft/Heavy ] , BIG FELLA THANKS [ 4/5 on SOft/Heavy] , KING JOHNS CASTLE [ 4/4 on Yldg/Soft + Soft] , ARBOUR SUPREME [3/4 Soft / Heavy ]

DON'T PUSH IT might have just squeaked it [ 4/7 on Soft ] but his win on supposed Good ground at Newbury was run 23+ secs above standard.

MY WILL [5/8 on Soft/Heavy] was another who might have got by but his last win was back in 2006 and that was a slow run race , 34 secs over standard despite it being officially G/S .

Thats me down to a manageable 4 and it's an interesting fact that the past 10 winners had all won a Listed or Graded Chase in their career .

BACKSTAGE has not won at either level and adde to the fact he has only ran 7 times under rules over Fences and 26f is the furthest he's tackled i'm passing him over , esp as he's only had 2 runs since the 28th of August.

So here's my 3 aginst the field -

NICHE MARKET - 9yo who has won a Listed Chase , albeit back in '08 , but won the Irish National in '09 .

He has ran 5 times this season , 3rd to DENMAN in the Hennessy the best run imo this season .

Followed that up by floundering in the mud in the Mandarin but was only beaten a Sh-Hd in the Aon Chase .

Disappointed at Cheltenham LTO but thats no worry for me here.

He has no experience of the big fences which is a negative but i'll have a nibble at 18's.

CAN'T BUY TIME may show that AP has picked the wrong one , he's a decent 3 miler who has won 3/5 on Good ground.

A win in a Grade 3 at Cheltenham shows a bit of Class .

He fell at the 18th last year when only a 7yo but hopefully he''l be a bit more wary of whats ahead this year and at 33's he's certainly worth an EW bet to be placed in the first 5.

Now here's the one who i really give a decent chance to [ if he gets the luck ] HELLO BUD won the Scottish National [G3] in '09 on Good ground and is only rated 1lb higher here .

An out-and-out stayer who has won 7 times from 23f to 33f inc twice onG/S , once on GD [scot Nat] and once on G/F so the current ground is not a problem.

4 of his 6 runs this season have been in Listed/Graded company and apart from the first and last outings were on ground a bit Softer than he would have preferred.

Even better is the fact that he has experienced the National fences [ 5th in this season's Becher Chase]

At a general 40/1 to place in the 1st 5 he looks a great bet providing he avoids trouble on the 1st circuit .

Edited by Leicfox

i work at coral so here are my tips for the national.

Mon Mome, cant buy time, dont push it and if you fancy a cheeky outsider nozic

scottish national put your life savings on denman EW. if he doesnt win by half the racecourse, he will finish 2nd.