Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Anyone got any feelings for the King Geroge on Saturday? Clearly Kauto is strong favourite but a couple of foxestalk favourites are in the field, such as

Forpadydeplasterer - 14/1

Albertas Run - 33/1

Each ways punts? Bert / Matt / others - what do you reckon?

Not had a look yet but usually bet on Forpadydeplasterer and Albertas Run just because they've done so well for me in the past, I will no doubt bet on them again on saturday either as you say each way or may look at betting on them without Kauto Star, depending on the odds of course.

Edited by Matt

Guest BlueBrett
Anyone got any feelings for the King Geroge on Saturday? Clearly Kauto is strong favourite but a couple of foxestalk favourites are in the field, such as

Forpadydeplasterer - 14/1

Albertas Run - 33/1

Each ways punts? Bert / Matt / others - what do you reckon?

I backed Sizing Europe each way before Christmas and I also had a couple of tricasts mixing up Kauto, Long Run and Sizing Europe.

Nightingale is apparently the big market mover in the last few days as it is thought the going will suit although there are meant to be concerns as it will be a step up in trip.

When I first heard that Mccoy had been given the ride on Kauto I really fancied it to get beat. Looked like a bit of a fit up since he had just won Sports' personality and was therefore likely to attract even more money from jockey followers than usual and Kauto was naturally already the big favourite. Seemed like someone somewhere might be setting up a lot of people to lose and I was considering laying it. Not so sure anymore though.

I've won a lot before on Albertas Run however AP normally rides him doesn't he? for him to chose Kauto over him must mean there's something wrong with the horse or AP doesn't rate Albs chances? Both great horses, tough one to decide on.

It's got nothing to do with that. Kauto's won this race before and is going for the record of wins in the king George. AP just wants to win with Kauto's track record, turning down a ride on him would be stupid.

Binocular and Kauto double, tenner at jut over 5's.

Bet on Binocular as a single, was going to do a Binocular/Kauto Star double but couldn't work what odds i'd get doing a double down the bookies and guessed it would be shit so didn't bother

Although I don't want Kauto to win because i'm on other horses in the race, secretly i'd like to bet on Kauto, so a double might be the way forward especially with those odds.

The only worry I see with that double is Khyber Kim.

Gone with Long Run including Kauto Star E/W.

Gone with Forpadydeplaterer and Albertas Run (Token bet) without Kauto Star.

Binocular and Kauto double, tenner at jut over 5's.

Unlucky mate, I decided to have the double also, but my other wins have covered it. Binocular was my worry really, It's easy to say after the race but I honestly did feel Kauto's getting abit old now and others are taking over him, take nothing away from Kauto though!

Luckly I had Binocular in another double which won, and I did bet on the winner of the King George, Long Run, so all in all happy and disappointed.

Forpadydeplaster and Albertas Run pulled up unfortunatly, Didn't have much hope on Albertas Run in this race but had a quid, Forpadyplasterer I expected a place.

Hoping i'll be even happier after the 3.35 @ Kempton with The Betchworth Kid.

The missus is on fire, had a 9 team accumulator which won on Saturday, followed by correctly predicting draws in all 4 Premier League games yesterday.

Shame she only had a quid on each bet. <_<

Still, made £200 from it. :)

The missus is on fire, had a 9 team accumulator which won on Saturday, followed by correctly predicting draws in all 4 Premier League games yesterday.

Shame she only had a quid on each bet. <_<

Still, made £200 from it. :)

I had 3 out of 4. I stupidly stuck the northeast derby down for a draw. Wouldv'e been nearly a grand :angry:

Anyway Leicester 2-1 Cardiff 2-1 £5 double pays £1300

Borussia M'gladbach v Bayer Leverkusen

Valencia v Malaga

Udinese v Inter Milan

Shrewsbury v Chesterfield

Stockport v Lincoln City

Northampton v Oxford Utd

Leyton Orient v Sheff Wed

Exeter v Walsall

Huddersfield v Colchester

Portsmouth v Leeds

BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE