Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

What a hideous 26 hours i've had, it's been nauseating, euphoric, traumatic, elation, gut wrenching, magical and idiotic.

So, let me set the scene. I have an Accountancy exam so I turn up good as gold, fairly confident and sit the bastard. I fail (you find out straight the way) and i'm livid with myself, no excuses for failing as I knew the syllabus and had done plenty of revision and mock assessments for it, but somehow failed. My head went then, the day was a write off. I text my boss and told work to bollocks, wasn't coming in for the rest of the day. So I went the boozer on my own and bollocked about 6 pints down me whilst pumping nigh on £100 in the bandits. What a fookin cretin. I walked out of there in a daze, feeling numb, empty and fairly pissed. I find myself in Ladbrokes with about £14 to my name out of the £150 I withdrew that morning, it's not looking good. I have my rent to pay and payday is ages away. So I lob the £14 on some whiffy slot game and god must have been kind on me because it cashed out a quickfire £76 for me. It perked me up a little but to be honest I wasn't in the market to win that day, I was in the mood to devastate myself. So I stuck the £76 on Carpincho at 8/11, without flinching. It was never in any danger and returned me £131 including my stake. I should have collected, been content and fled. But as I said, I wasn't there to win, I was there to punish myself for ballsing my exam up.

I immediately lobbed £50 on roulette, one spin didn't give a fuuck. Won £180. So I was now £110 in profit for the day, lessing the beers and outrageous activities. LEAVE NOW FLAIR. £30 in some other machine, £80 out.

£50 on a reverse forecast on an odds on favourite and a 7/4 shot, both fell. Lovely then.

£100 or so on roulette, LOST.

Back to about level for the day, was getting bored with the erratic nature of what I was doing so went for another swig. 4 pints later, it's still only about 3pm. Some coont tries to chat to me in the pub, I pretend i'm a mongol which was probably the highlight of my day.

Back on the bandit, must have spent another hour playing 4 different machine, winning a bit, losing a bit. Getting riled up that the money in my pocket is neither growing or shrinking. Leave the pub and decide I should get the bus back home, I get to the bus stop, oh for fook sake there's a bookies opposite. I'm back in there, roulette, greyhounds, virtual horses, slot machines, fookin Irish bingo. I tried to grab myself by the neck and drag myself out, I was actually starting to feel sick and wanted to cry. I started pissing myself laughing, after pretending to be a mongole in the pub, I was definitely showing all the signs of a nut job now, no acting required. Off me pickle.

Lost about £135 or so, I was down to mere quids. Again, wasn't even that fussed, almost wanted to lose the whole lot and then just piss off home and sit in me pants all night watching Deadliest Catch. Fookin won about £60 on some crap card game on the machine and you could gamble it for x5 it's worth, went for it and fookin won. £300. Oh do me a favour, that's another 2 hours in this shit hole now. Whacked £50 e/w on a horse that had fell 3 times in it's last 4 rides, it fell again. Couldn't believe it, that was unexpected in my eyes.

My phone rang, it was the missus. How dare she ring me when i'm busy, straight to answer phone, have that yer slag. Let me lose our rent money for god sake. Another ton gone on various markets, think I asked what odds they'd give me on Ian Ormondroyd being the next Preston manager, took the odds, told them it was gonna get backed in to fook.

Whittled away a load more dough, it was about 5pm by now and I was emotionally drained. I'd forgot all about my exam though and I counted what was left. £80. I was £70 down for the day but my income and expenditure must have totalled about a grand by now.

I took the plunge, I got on the bus with a tin of TYSKIE and headed for home. Got to my stop and there were still demons inside me, I knew the bookies would get another visit before too long but I managed to get myself in to my flat and tried to have a kip. Nodded off for about 45 minutes and woke up feeling hideous. The missus was working late, I went on betfair for shits and giggles. American Horse Racing, I don't mind if I do. Lost £200 by 8pm, she still wasn't home. Somebody please hit me round the cannister with a spade and end this. Loaded up poker, lost another £50. Played blackjack, another £100 gone. Actual wedge wasn't changing hands though like earlier in the bookies, that must have been holding me back. I was right in the shit by now and yet I still didn't flinch. I made some head way on the Coppa Italia Quarter Final, fook knows why but I had £20 on Pandev to score the last goal and it got me back £180. I was still quite a bit down so I popped my head in to the Copa Del Rey as well and took Barca to come back and win away at Osasuna. At half time they were 1 nil down and Betfair were offering nearly 2/1 for the win, snaffled a ton on that and I was back in business.

I got a text from her indoors, she was on her way home. I couldn't be continuing this muck any longer, thank god. So I signed off with some tennis bets to wake up to this morning. Utter guff, I was back in the red in quite some fashion.

My mood had changed ever so slightly though, I was a little sheepish as to what had happened and scared. I went to work vowing to knock gambling on the head for a bit as this was unacceptable. Lunch time comes, i'm bored. My Uncle Ben's savoury rice just wasn't cutting it, so I went down William Hill to enjoy the smell of B.O and fags on the neanderthals that were in there. BARRY GERRAGHTY on 3 sure things at Huntingdon, i'll have some of that in a treble. £50 down the pan.

Smoked another £40 in the slot machines, not much scope for a payout, so whacked another tenner in for a laugh. £92 out. It's 1.38pm i'm already late back. I try to work out how much i'm down from yesterday and today, I daren't look at the transactions in my bank account but I work out i'm about £100-150 down. So I stick £20 on a Daniel Thomas and Keeneland double at 9/2 and 13/8 respectively. IT ONLY FOOKIN COMES IN. £288.75 back.

I am now sitting here at my desk at work, over a hundred odd quid in profit after the most disgraceful 24 and a bit hours. That's me done for quite a while, what a fookin pleb. Right, time for a beer in a boozer without any fruit machines.

Enjoy your weekend LADS.

Good post mate. Have a good weekkend mate! :)

What a hideous 26 hours i've had, it's been nauseating, euphoric, traumatic, elation, gut wrenching, magical and idiotic.

So, let me set the scene. I have an Accountancy exam so I turn up good as gold, fairly confident and sit the bastard. I fail (you find out straight the way) and i'm livid with myself, no excuses for failing as I knew the syllabus and had done plenty of revision and mock assessments for it, but somehow failed. My head went then, the day was a write off. I text my boss and told work to bollocks, wasn't coming in for the rest of the day. So I went the boozer on my own and bollocked about 6 pints down me whilst pumping nigh on £100 in the bandits. What a fookin cretin. I walked out of there in a daze, feeling numb, empty and fairly pissed. I find myself in Ladbrokes with about £14 to my name out of the £150 I withdrew that morning, it's not looking good. I have my rent to pay and payday is ages away. So I lob the £14 on some whiffy slot game and god must have been kind on me because it cashed out a quickfire £76 for me. It perked me up a little but to be honest I wasn't in the market to win that day, I was in the mood to devastate myself. So I stuck the £76 on Carpincho at 8/11, without flinching. It was never in any danger and returned me £131 including my stake. I should have collected, been content and fled. But as I said, I wasn't there to win, I was there to punish myself for ballsing my exam up.

I immediately lobbed £50 on roulette, one spin didn't give a fuuck. Won £180. So I was now £110 in profit for the day, lessing the beers and outrageous activities. LEAVE NOW FLAIR. £30 in some other machine, £80 out.

£50 on a reverse forecast on an odds on favourite and a 7/4 shot, both fell. Lovely then.

£100 or so on roulette, LOST.

Back to about level for the day, was getting bored with the erratic nature of what I was doing so went for another swig. 4 pints later, it's still only about 3pm. Some coont tries to chat to me in the pub, I pretend i'm a mongol which was probably the highlight of my day.

Back on the bandit, must have spent another hour playing 4 different machine, winning a bit, losing a bit. Getting riled up that the money in my pocket is neither growing or shrinking. Leave the pub and decide I should get the bus back home, I get to the bus stop, oh for fook sake there's a bookies opposite. I'm back in there, roulette, greyhounds, virtual horses, slot machines, fookin Irish bingo. I tried to grab myself by the neck and drag myself out, I was actually starting to feel sick and wanted to cry. I started pissing myself laughing, after pretending to be a mongole in the pub, I was definitely showing all the signs of a nut job now, no acting required. Off me pickle.

Lost about £135 or so, I was down to mere quids. Again, wasn't even that fussed, almost wanted to lose the whole lot and then just piss off home and sit in me pants all night watching Deadliest Catch. Fookin won about £60 on some crap card game on the machine and you could gamble it for x5 it's worth, went for it and fookin won. £300. Oh do me a favour, that's another 2 hours in this shit hole now. Whacked £50 e/w on a horse that had fell 3 times in it's last 4 rides, it fell again. Couldn't believe it, that was unexpected in my eyes.

My phone rang, it was the missus. How dare she ring me when i'm busy, straight to answer phone, have that yer slag. Let me lose our rent money for god sake. Another ton gone on various markets, think I asked what odds they'd give me on Ian Ormondroyd being the next Preston manager, took the odds, told them it was gonna get backed in to fook.

Whittled away a load more dough, it was about 5pm by now and I was emotionally drained. I'd forgot all about my exam though and I counted what was left. £80. I was £70 down for the day but my income and expenditure must have totalled about a grand by now.

I took the plunge, I got on the bus with a tin of TYSKIE and headed for home. Got to my stop and there were still demons inside me, I knew the bookies would get another visit before too long but I managed to get myself in to my flat and tried to have a kip. Nodded off for about 45 minutes and woke up feeling hideous. The missus was working late, I went on betfair for shits and giggles. American Horse Racing, I don't mind if I do. Lost £200 by 8pm, she still wasn't home. Somebody please hit me round the cannister with a spade and end this. Loaded up poker, lost another £50. Played blackjack, another £100 gone. Actual wedge wasn't changing hands though like earlier in the bookies, that must have been holding me back. I was right in the shit by now and yet I still didn't flinch. I made some head way on the Coppa Italia Quarter Final, fook knows why but I had £20 on Pandev to score the last goal and it got me back £180. I was still quite a bit down so I popped my head in to the Copa Del Rey as well and took Barca to come back and win away at Osasuna. At half time they were 1 nil down and Betfair were offering nearly 2/1 for the win, snaffled a ton on that and I was back in business.

I got a text from her indoors, she was on her way home. I couldn't be continuing this muck any longer, thank god. So I signed off with some tennis bets to wake up to this morning. Utter guff, I was back in the red in quite some fashion.

My mood had changed ever so slightly though, I was a little sheepish as to what had happened and scared. I went to work vowing to knock gambling on the head for a bit as this was unacceptable. Lunch time comes, i'm bored. My Uncle Ben's savoury rice just wasn't cutting it, so I went down William Hill to enjoy the smell of B.O and fags on the neanderthals that were in there. BARRY GERRAGHTY on 3 sure things at Huntingdon, i'll have some of that in a treble. £50 down the pan.

Smoked another £40 in the slot machines, not much scope for a payout, so whacked another tenner in for a laugh. £92 out. It's 1.38pm i'm already late back. I try to work out how much i'm down from yesterday and today, I daren't look at the transactions in my bank account but I work out i'm about £100-150 down. So I stick £20 on a Daniel Thomas and Keeneland double at 9/2 and 13/8 respectively. IT ONLY FOOKIN COMES IN. £288.75 back.

I am now sitting here at my desk at work, over a hundred odd quid in profit after the most disgraceful 24 and a bit hours. That's me done for quite a while, what a fookin pleb. Right, time for a beer in a boozer without any fruit machines.

Enjoy your weekend LADS.

Brilliant. Lived in a pub a few years ago, used to rinse the free drinks after hours. Just me and the assistant manager lived in, playing plastic crazy golf around the whole pub, smashed, gambling on anything in sight or online. So many of them nights ended up on BlueSq, £100 spins from the off. Between us, worked our way from £200 to £2000 on roulette, only to lose it all later on.

Do you get the same feeling i do after a huge loss - feel like the lad on Lock Stock after he loses the game of poker, world is swirling

Edited by Turtles Head