Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I won one on monday ;)

Finally! Why do you place the most random bets though? This isn't having a pop at you but one thing I learnt from when I first started. 1. Stick to doubles/trebles sometimes a four fold. 2. Increase your stake? Much likely to win a bet that way.

One possible one for you at the weekend Newcastle & Bolton double just over 9/1.

I do respect bet what you can afford though.... I play with £10 every week and see how far I can get in profit. At the minute im £24 up. Possibly rising to £42 by the end of tonight.

I only stick on what I've got in change...about once a month I put a fiver in my Ladbrokes account and see what I end up with.

Got a free £2 bet (at least) for Jennings Bet which I'll redeem tomorrow, probs gonna go on Sundays games

Steaua Bucharest were 2-0 up and conceded two late goals one being in the 89th minute to cost me £21.07 of £3.42.

Still in profit though. Bert, Moonie, Simo etc what are your fancies for the last day in the Premier League? Both teams to score in all games like in the Premier League last season? Would be decent odds.

Just had a look on William Hill and BTTS on Subday is 176.08/1 - Worth a pound?

Edited by Ashley

Steaua Bucharest were 2-0 up and conceded two late goals one being in the 89th minute to cost me £21.07 of £3.42.

Still in profit though. Bert, Moonie, Simo etc what are your fancies for the last day in the Premier League? Both teams to score in all games like in the Premier League last season? Would be decent odds.

Definitely worth a quid. I haven't had a proper look at the PL games. Will do it later today, I'll probably stick with both teams to score cos the last day is always unpredictable!

I was thinking that the other day. Very tempting but I think there'll be a team or two that don't score.

Will have a good look tomorrow and take it from there.

I was thinking that the other day. Very tempting but I think there'll be a team or two that don't score.

Will have a good look tomorrow and take it from there.

Having looked at the fixtures, I doubt QPR will score against City. They are just so bad away!

I've now placed my bets-

Newcastle/Arsenal double. £5 pays £25

Norwich vs Villa

Wigan vs Wolves

Stoke vs Bolton

Everton vs Newcastle

All to draw. £5 pays £700

i dont think you'll get four draws in the prem all on the same day. it just doesnt seem to happen ever. although i recall it may have done a week ago?

bare in mind Bolton will be fighting for their life to win to stay up.

i've had Tevez hat trick this week at 9/1.

Got tipped up on American Spin (2.00 @ Haydock) @ 10/1 earlier, decided not too bother....you knew it was going to win when I decided not to bother :banghead:

Kind of made up with winning on Global Village I suppose, swings and roundabouts.

cant see blackburn scoring at chelsea... nothing to play for.and away...

i might have a cheeky bet on qpr for the draw or something.. mark hughes former club.. a point could keep them up..

Do it. Hughes is a former Utd player, got sacked from City, they haven't lost at home this season in the League, a point could keep QPR up...

Maybe.

:ph34r:

Really tempted by a Newcastle, Arsenal & Norwich treble.

Newcastle at 12/5? I thought to myself something isn't right here why are they at such big odds? Just looked on Socverway and there away form isn't that great and Everton home form is good.

Manchester City v QPR

Tottenham v Fulham

Norwich v Aston Villa - Draw

Everton v Newcastle - Draw

Sunderland v Manchester United - Draw

90/1 :fc:

I'm sticking a ton on, wish I had the balls to whack more on.

You sound like me!

Edited by Fox92

Should never cross bet, but shove it... I'm looking at three draws;

Sunderland v Manchester

Norwich v Aston Villa

Everton v Newcastle

That treble is 56/1, but I'm tempted to add Blackburn to make four draws, which is 340/1... Not sure why but I have a feeling about Blackburn getting something at Stamford Bridge?!

Guest ttfn

I've given up on accumulators and the like now.

Loaded £400 into my betfair account at the start of the season with the aim of hedging anything when the price looked like it was a good time to lay off, so taking quite a risk averse strategy. Half-way through the season I realised that there wasn't a lot of point half the time as they seemed to be nailed on by that stage.

So, the season has now finished and I can reveal the results you've all been waiting to hear.

Laid Doncaster to go down £50 @ 3. Lost £100.

Backed Forest to get promoted £25 @ 4.6. Lost £25

Backed Man City to finish top 2 £25 @ 2.72. Profit of £43.

Backed Michael Chopra to be Championship top scorer £10.33 @ 20. I ended up laying it off and getting a profit of £3.27.

Backed Jordan Rhodes for League One top scorer £10 @11.5. Stupidly laid it off after 3 games (when he had 0 goals) and lost £2.15!

Backed Blackburn to go down £40 @ 4. Won £120.

Backed Dortmund to win the Bundesliga £25 @ 3.6. Won £65.

Backed Inter to win the Champions League. £20 @ 32. Lost £20.

Backed Porto to win the Champions League. £20 @ 44. Lost £20.

Backed QPR to finish in the top 10 (in about February!) £40 @ 7. Lost £40. Stupid bet.

Backed Fernando Torres to finish top scorer. £25 @ 11. Later hedged and lost £20.

Backed Arsenal to finish in the top 4. £40 @ 2.64. Later laid off for a profit of £55.

Backed Man Utd to win the league. £20 @ 3.25. Later laid off for a profit of £6.90.

Backed QPR to go down (at start of season). £40 @ 2.72. Laid off for a loss of £7.50.

Laid Stoke to finish in the top 10. £40 @ 2. Profit of £40 (assuming no ridiculous Goal Difference swing today).

So in total I made a profit of almost exactly £100. Which, as a return of 25% I'm pretty happy with. Could have sunk my money into an ISA and got 3% instead (so I keep telling the Mrs!)

Lads.

Tell me something isn't dodgy about this.

Getafe v Zaragoza

Getafe 4/1 - Zaragoza 7/10

Go on the link below then click home form for Getafe then away for Zaragoza. Fixed game?

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/13/spain/primera-division/getafe-club-de-futbol/real-zaragoza/1141006/

Zaragoza need to win to stay up and Roya Vallecona are Getafes rivals? Something very very dodgy about this or am I looking into to much?

Edited by Ashley

Lads.

Tell me something isn't dodgy about this.

Getafe v Zaragoza

Getafe 4/1 - Zaragoza 7/10

Go on the link below then click home form for Getafe then away for Zaragoza. Fixed game?

http://uk.soccerway....ragoza/1141006/

Is big, have Getafe got a cup final or anything? Might be resting players.

Also Zaragoza need to win to stay up, Getafe nothing to play for.

Edited by simmo86